View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 Season 4 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 Season 4
1 win for me on day 3 on the flat, making it 8 for the week, and a lot of placed, I've now had 11 winners, but 13 2nd's over the 2 weeks

El Paso Fury - weirdly I only entered it last minute, it's a 12f horse, winning in week 1 over that distance, however winning as group1 over 10, on a track I didn't think suited is a fantastic result. Could be very good going forward.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:09 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:
but all the mares i've bought at the sales have been total garbage

Mares are always the hardest part, getting colts is generally pretty easy, does not mean they are any good at trial, but the game usually throws up several full potential game horses early on. If anything the risk in the early game is you have the star colt but lose him as the mares at the same time always bring him down and he dies before extending the line, happens in older games too but even more apparent early on.

There must be 5 or 6 full bar potential horses in the stallion bar and i've even bought one last season and i ran a few trails over 2m and he's about 3 or 4 lengths of one of my league horses a year or so ago. Will give my game until the start of december to see if i have horses for the window or next season. I had totally forgot all horses mature differently over jumps , trying to get use to that again :lol:

Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:37 pm
Selling plater

1st win on the Flat for Vikki Michelle in the SA Racing Nursery. in the NH a 3rd, 4th and a 5th. So a slight improvement on last week on the NH and a massive improvement on the Flat.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Congratulations mate. Any league win is a good league win, especially on the flat. Now you have as many as me :)

Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:46 pm
Group 3 winner

4 winners for me NH WK2

Nice Lady - Winning again in G3, Will go to Naas next for the Listed Race being a 2m4 race then back onto Group Races, May even see her over fences too
Star Island - in 2m1 Novice Hurdle Maiden, By First Strike, Expected a big run one for Mares Novice hurdle or Supreme if the ground is very soft
Sweet Women -in 3m5 Moores Millions Maiden, Just lost out the Josh horse National Faultline in wk1, All worked out got her win this week qualified and good prize money
The Last Word - Delighted with the win in The Tipperary Hurdle G2, Hopefully she can pick up a G1 and onto the Champion Hurdle

Well done Matt on your first winner

Well done to all with winners and placers and thanks to everyone running the league

Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:09 pm
Handicapper

Mattcooper wrote:
1st win on the Flat for Vikki Michelle in the SA Racing Nursery. in the NH a 3rd, 4th and a 5th. So a slight improvement on last week on the NH and a massive improvement on the Flat.

Nice one! Hope your thrilled, you deserve to be. Not easy to win any races against this lot.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:36 am
Group 1 winner

Mattcooper wrote:

Ah so great to see congratulations Matt keep going mate the first 2 weeks are full of maidens that are like G1s
the season really opens up now plenty of opportunities for you

OK week for me a couple of winners including Ascot Gold Cup hope GEORGE ORWELL

last week was a culture shock for me I had horses not rated high enough to get into the G1s :lol:

Classics start this week which is huge for my stable as my stable are built around the classics which leaves
you vulnerable for most of the season so if they bomb in them season could be a massive bust. but you
have to keep boxing - DUCK AND DIVE

Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

FLAT

This week marked the acceptance of the fact that though my flat team have improved, they are not really group class, so this week my entries were all about looking for wins, and after a blank last week it was nice to open with a couple.

Night Of The Flash - 1st - Four horse race and on dirt played well for her with the better horses elsehwere seeking glory. Nice start for me.

Pick And Mix - 3rd - Also on her more favoured dirt, but still plenty of work to be done with my long distance US lines. Battled bravely.

Night On The Town - 10th - Snatchy run and she never really settled, better horse than she showed today, more handicaps in her future.

Land Of Promise - 1st - First outing on her favoured dirt and she ran a blinder, thats the horse I see in trials. Whether she has enough for the Belmont I have my doubts.

Storm Front -11th - My great hope and in the 1000 guineas, actually did not give a bad account of herself you could have thrown a blanket over the top twelve. May look back at 6f now.

Spiderman - 5th - Gamely made the running but got rolled up in the final furlong, not a great horse this one so no complaints.

Is It Coz Im Here - 9th - Again not a bad as it looks only about 2 lengths between the top 9, and 0-110 is probably too hot for her.

JUMP

OK my bad I am sorry, I may very well have over done my preparations for the NH this year, 6 wins on the day. Will be giving my enteries more consideration from this point I know what it is like to be on the other end of a dominant trainer.

The Gathering - 1st - Loves Cheltenham it is the main track I trial on and never looked like he was going to be caught.

The Sheppard - 2nd - Clattered through the 16th two from home when looking to press the advantage, never really came back from that, but a pleasing run none the less.

The Little Women - 1st - Three from three for her now, which is a little suprising, just held on with another brave front running performance. I shall try and post her stats later today, you will almost certainly be shocked.

The End Of Time - 3rd - Ran well until about 8f from home and then switched off as others uped the tempo. Then did not quicken well and found herself a little boxed on the run in. Can't complain really.

Judge Dredd - 1st - Pleased with this win after a bad jump at the final flight cost him last week. Never headed. I did not expect him to go on the Heavy either so thats a plus too.

Glorious Pain - 3rd - Still not firing as I expect her too, and as my best mid distance hurdle filly the mare hurdle looks a long way off right now.

Feel Your Pain - 5th - Decent run since he was giving away a lot of weight. Will need to come away from the handicaps I think.

The High Lord - 1st - Really pleased he has broken his duck after a couple of close run things. Did everything right today and looked to have more in the tank at the finish.

Lost To the Horizon - 1st - Another breaking his duck, found that little extra at the end and against decent horses too. Happy with that.

Shapeshifter - 2nd - Solid run but never looked like she would challenger the winner. Only NHF.

The Sure Thing - 1st - Brave run from one of my older line horses, she is showing some fight which is good to see and held for the Dead Heat.

Spectacle Of Monsters - 5th - Hurdler in a chase, this is an outstanding effort but one that will not give him a usable mark going forward. Probably never trialed over fences as there is no 'The' in his name.

Josh

Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:43 am
Group 2 winner

1 win for me this week on flat

El Paso Fury - 1st Group2 1m4. 3 from 3 now, an looks a serious horse, winning over multiple distances in group races. Definitely my surprise package this season, nearly didn't make the team but has such good breeding

Thanks to all behind the scenes as always

Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:26 am
Handicapper

Well week 3 has come and gone. Not so many winners this week as in previous weeks, 4 winners on the flat and 2 winners over fences. Still a very repectable total.

The highlight on the flat has to be coming 1st and 2nd in the 2000 Guineas . The Guineas was the race both Edge of Silence and Warriors Shield were bred specifically for. While they might run okay at other tracks, they were the best two horses in my trials at Newmarket. I have a couple of other horses that were better at stiffer tracks like Ascot.

The two winners this week in the NH were my two Grand National horses. Both Sword of Damacles and Secret Exchange were winners in weeks 2 and 3. Four of my ten winners in the NH have come from these two horses. While it is great to see both horses doing so well, I suspect that they will now be nearly top weights in the National.

With very litle commentary on the flat races this week, watching the races was not the same great experience. I hope Martin is OK.

Thanks to all those behind the scenes for making the league possible.

Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:11 am
Group 2 winner

5 winners on the flat in total this week

Memphis Potential - What a strange one this is. Entered as the potential superstar of my stable, but flounded first 2 weeks, seemingly running very weird races. This week in a maiden it seemed to finally find his stride. 7 an a half length win looks very good. Hopefully it kicks his season on now, was uploaded as my Arc horse

El Paso Fury - Son of Memphis Potential, 3 from 3 now, but after Memphis' result this week, I have no idea which is best, seems flexible winning over 10 an 12

El Paso Chorus - No real expectations of my 2yo's this season, all uploaded as afterthoughts. This likely the best of them, an for once, not a hold up horse. Could have chances in the big 7f races going forward

El Paso Dual - Looks the real deal, 2 from 2 over 2miles an looks like my main danger in the big races

Putian Three - Big victory in the 5f sprint division. Good signs that both my 5f horses won the big races now. Three will really excel on anything with soft in too, while Lightning will excel with firmer ground.

Thanks to all who keep it running as always. This week shows how big a part Mart plays too. Hope you're well

Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:02 am
Group 1 winner

Some really good performances in the big jumps races in France some came close to
winning and earned good prizemoney certainly some major positives.

Flat team STINK I Just cant believe or understand how I have gone so far backwards in a few
months just dont see any potential or anything to look forward to with them they are getting so
outclassed think something is telling me its time to call it a day Its so time consuming to be competitive
in the league and when you put the time in and see zero potential its so soul destroying. will give it to
the end of the season as the song goes things can only get better

Well done to the classic winners this week

Hope Martin is Ok missed his comms this week

Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Good last two days for me rounding off an exceptional week. Moving my flat team into the handicaps paid dividends and I rounded off the week with 4 total wins and my NH team with 13 wins is just becoming ridiculous. Highlights were obviously the G1 wins from ‘The Ranger’ and ‘The Comeback King’.

Off to moan at the stewards about ‘Emotional Pain’ yes he did get boxed and then shove Paul’s horse out of the way 2f from home but did it really effect the result :)

Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Good last two days for me rounding off an exceptional week. Moving my flat team into the handicaps paid dividends and I rounded off the week with 4 total wins and my NH team with 13 wins is just becoming ridiculous. Highlights were obviously the G1 wins from ‘The Ranger’ and ‘The Comeback King’.

Off to moan at the stewards about ‘Emotional Pain’ yes he did get boxed and then shove Paul’s horse out of the way 2f from home but did it really effect the result :)

JAYSUS give a dog a bone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

a 2nd and 5th on the flat could definately do with some g/f on the flat seems to have been soft a lot on the flat. a few 4th and 5th on the NH looks like my flat team or at least a couple of horses is a little better than my nh team so far. Either that or avoid any race Joshs enters on the NH.

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next