View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cruising Burst 
Group 2 winner

Post Cruising Burst
Quick few questions regarding cruising burst .

1. How much cruising burst (%) do most of your league horses have.

2. What is the minimum cruising burst (%) you will work with.

3. What is the highest cruising burst you have ever seen.

4. Do you think the stallion or the mare passes cruising burst on better, or is it random.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Cruising Burst
Martin im no expert but my flat game im on season 119 flat uk only
can not find a good cruise bar from any horse i buy
so i was lucky to find a horse in the 1st 5 seasons about 65% but loses it now so im happy with 50% on uk flat oniy
combined game is so easy to get 70% cruising burst
ive had a horse nearly 80% on combined game only
stallion or mares etc .. wish i know that ... but people will say stallion because you can breed many times with him

i will let the experts tell you more but they will not tell you 100% truth :lol:

Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:29 pm
Handicapper

My flat league horses were about 40-45%.
I started a new game to try and improve the bars and now have about 70%.
I also have about 90% extra speed but not quite 100% potential.
I have bettered some of my league horses at certain distances and will stick with this game now.
I tried this with a new jumps game and bought every crap horse with high bars for cruise, extra speed, jumping ability and jumping speed.
I bred cruise with cruise etc until I had a good pool of each bar and then cross bred to get them altogether.
I had 100% potential, 85% cruise, 90% extra speed, 80% jumping ability and 100% jumping speed.
Unfortunately everything I bred was complete crap, I persisted for another 20 seasons or so and gave up.
When I say they were crap I mean they were beaten by a distance most times.
So it's not all in the bars that's for sure. :shock:

Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:41 pm
Group 1 winner

1. How much cruising burst (%) do most of your league horses have.

My main U.K. NH game averages at around 50%. My highest in this game is 60%. My new U.K. NH game 76% not trialled this game yet. My US flat game 69% is my highest, my average is around 55-60%. My new U.K. flat game has 80% I have just done the first trial and have a 79% horse who has the trial gene, the other successful colt from this has 55%.

2. What is the minimum cruising burst (%) you will work with.

50-55% but variance between the games, those with high will push a higher minimum.

3. What is the highest cruising burst you have ever seen.

82% had it in two early game fillies (always find it in the long distance sorts circa 2m distance) only managed to get 80% into a colt.

4. Do you think the stallion or the mare passes cruising burst on better, or is it random.

Have never seen any real consistency, but end of the day it’s the colts that drive the lines as you can cover 30-40 horses a year to only one filly. I only look at my 1yo colts, don’t care what the fillies look like until they are 2yo.

Josh

Last edited by Githyanki on Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:06 pm
Group 1 winner

I found 84% on so6 which is the most I have ever seen.

The longer the distance the more cruising burst is apparent. The reverse is true for extra speed, so both are relevant in respect to the distance of the line. Prince of Darkness a two time G1 winner last season over 6f had 56% cruise and 95% speed. Storm Front a single G1 win, in the 1m line had 60%, and 95% speed, this line needs more, 65% ideally.

And the new 79% trial stud is a 2m line speed for him is 75%. Obviously more is better but depending on distance you can be more forgiving.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
but they will not tell you 100% truth

I do, more competition the better, I agree some people are more cagey than others, but speaking for myself I am happy to share everything. I seem to recall I have even offered Martin a zoom call tour of my games, but he never took me up on it.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I had 100% potential, 85% cruise, 90% extra speed, 80% jumping ability and 100% jumping speed.
Unfortunately everything I bred was complete crap, I persisted for another 20 seasons or so and gave up.
When I say they were crap I mean they were beaten by a distance most times.
So it's not all in the bars that's for sure

I have theories about this but nothing really proven, but I tend to think you probably bred a flat line, but a broken one as it had NH aging, that’s my guess at least, having done similar. Don’t presume just because it’s a NH game type that the only horses in it are NH. I theorise every game produces horses for both codes and I sort of know this as the flat game 4yo hurdlers I use are terrible flat horses in their own right, these are jumping lines in a flat game but with flat game aging. Remember there is no one flag that says I am a jumps or flat horse. There are indicators like enthusiasm for example and it’s direct link to jumping speed, and their is the agility and jumping abilities, where average or above also tends to lead to a jumping line, but it’s quite possible to breed each code in any game. And also bars are fundamentally just an indicator, yes it’s important to grab them early game, but if you don’t also find something that trials well you will never improve your league performance.

And I would add extra speed into the mix for a flat horse indicator, since perhaps outside 2m hurdlers, they seem to get by with around 70%.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:18 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:
but they will not tell you 100% truth

I do, more competition the better, I agree some people are more cagey than others, but speaking for myself I am happy to share everything. I seem to recall I have even offered Martin a zoom call tour of my games, but he never took me up on it.

do you think that message was aimed at you ?

Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:45 pm
Group 3 winner

Martin did ask who Do you think the stallion or the mare passes cruising burst on better, or is it random.
nobody as replied to this
i dont know

Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:47 pm
Group 1 winner

This is by far the best i ever saw in any game, i think this is max but on SO6. His father computer bred Ever Cheerful had the same. I dont think there is anything like this in 7. I think this was early on in my game in 6, what i wouldnt give to have bars like that now :lol: :lol:

The one thing i've noticed since i've been breeding jumpers and that is some times a baby will have a higher cruise bar than mum or dad , never seen that on the flat.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:53 pm
Group 2 winner

Thanks Del, David, Josh and John.

I have been dumping anything under 50 and my best horses are about 55 - 65% cruising in my main games. So not as bad as I thought as I wasn't sure that was high enough. I do ok on the NH but can't break into group company on the flat and thought it may be down to the CB as all other bars are fine. Doesn't seem much scope to build it from its current level unless a random horse pops up. Decided to start a new game and see what was available in that. Did no pre seasons and in 2nd season have identified 5 stallions with CB at 70 plus so might have an experiment cross breeding all of them with each others offspring for few seasons and see if I can get a line or two to stick and then start playing properly.

Can really see now how the ttf used to make things easier as in 06 I could transfer those big CB horses over if they turn out any good.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

No del, probably not aimed at me. And I did answer the colt and filly question with a not convinced but colts matter more response. I remember Steve rann was convinced colt and fillies passed down specific traits but I have not see it really.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:58 pm
Group 1 winner

And yes I have seen the occasional rise in cruising burst, it seems to me it rounds up to a whole number, so a 79% may suddenly produce an 80%. Not seen any pattern beyond that.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Martin, sometimes if you hit a wall, just break the breeding pattern and try some off the wall pairings, anything that makes no sense at all. I have created some gems doing this, along with a massive amount of donkeys.

And yes I could do a lot of damage with a tff right now :)

Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Thanks Del, David, Josh and John.

I have been dumping anything under 50 and my best horses are about 55 - 65% cruising in my main games. So not as bad as I thought as I wasn't sure that was high enough. I do ok on the NH but can't break into group company on the flat and thought it may be down to the CB as all other bars are fine. Doesn't seem much scope to build it from its current level unless a random horse pops up. Decided to start a new game and see what was available in that. Did no pre seasons and in 2nd season have identified 5 stallions with CB at 70 plus so might have an experiment cross breeding all of them with each others offspring for few seasons and see if I can get a line or two to stick and then start playing properly.

Can really see now how the ttf used to make things easier as in 06 I could transfer those big CB horses over if they turn out any good.

I'd say the aim would be 65% cruise on the flat but if u have full other bars then it would compensate for having slightly lower. It all depends how much time u prepared to put into it find them at the start. If someone was desperate to get a high one then they would probably have to buy every horse that comes up for sale for the first 20 seasons , that would take a massive amount of time or luck. Then after that it still takes a massive amount to get them good. My flat horses are what they are at this stage , people can get higher bars than mine but im happy with them . It would take a stupid amount of time to get where im at even finding the best bars. The jumps is different because u got the jump bars in the mix so its always been different to breeding flat horses. I do like the challenge of the jumps , it takes a lot longer but i've been having fun breeding them since the last seasons finish.

Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next