View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Random Question - Derby/Oaks Horses 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Random Question - Derby/Oaks Horses
Githyanki wrote:
From what I saw, and this was something I did try, they don’t challenge earlier for the most part and when they do they run out of puff, but that can happen without instructions too. We all have our little things though, gelding for me as an example, no idea if it makes any difference at all, but I still do it.

I was going to do that with these horses but I thought it's something I've never done so it would be hard to know if it makes a difference. I suppose my colts might run a but quicker if there are fillies in the race :lol: :wink:

Sun May 26, 2024 9:18 pm
Selling plater

Thanks all,

Good to see some good discussion.

Looking at the video Mark did for SO8, it looks like instructions can be added after the export and for each trail. May add more to the process.

Paul - the actual horses are good and win the other 3YO over 1.4. Just don't like Epsom in the game. Maybe I will start breeding with those in game 'stat duds'

I created a UK schedule, but put more 2m plus group races in (just made them up). Copied most group races from around the world from other scheldules, so Hong Kong, Sinapore, Japn, US, Dubai, France, Ireland, Aus all have decent amount of races.

Did it more for the ability to get stallions, rather than race them all. America is where a few monsters have come through, and have been bred into my lines. That being said its still a young game. I've actually just split it and going to cull the barn down from the 200 mares to only the best of the best. This may only be 20-50 horses but will speed up moving through seasons. If it doesn't work I'll just go back to original save.

Hoping maybe a horse stands out early in League season so I can concentrate on them as well.

Mon May 27, 2024 1:04 am
Group 2 winner

Munas23 wrote:
Thanks all,

Good to see some good discussion.

Looking at the video Mark did for SO8, it looks like instructions can be added after the export and for each trail. May add more to the process.

Paul - the actual horses are good and win the other 3YO over 1.4. Just don't like Epsom in the game. Maybe I will start breeding with those in game 'stat duds'

I created a UK schedule, but put more 2m plus group races in (just made them up). Copied most group races from around the world from other scheldules, so Hong Kong, Sinapore, Japn, US, Dubai, France, Ireland, Aus all have decent amount of races.

Did it more for the ability to get stallions, rather than race them all. America is where a few monsters have come through, and have been bred into my lines. That being said its still a young game. I've actually just split it and going to cull the barn down from the 200 mares to only the best of the best. This may only be 20-50 horses but will speed up moving through seasons. If it doesn't work I'll just go back to original save.

Hoping maybe a horse stands out early in League season so I can concentrate on them as well.

Little things like splitting the game is something u only learn by playing the game, I think newbies don't realise the importance of the little things. I like around 50 to 80 mares when I split it. I used to split my games around 50 years in but I think it needs to be done soon over jumps because of all the distances and chasers/hurdlers. I split mine after 22 years, hurdlers one and chasers another then after 40 i split my chase game into 3, 2m to 2m4-3m to 3m4 and stayers.

Mon May 27, 2024 1:44 pm
Selling plater

I've split this time, more as a back up to my experiment. In real life I'm not a horder but in the game I'm "worried" about culling the next monster.

If this goes well. I'll split again to focus on different distances.

I culled Mares down to 120, this will be easier to cull after a few seasons when I only send 5-10 to barn after trial results. Just went through a season after this post/cull and in the Oaks, i think it was 10 runners, 7 of them my horses, came 4-10. Just laughed when I saw it after this post, but then won the derby. Thought I'd put a curse on my game for a minute.

Tue May 28, 2024 12:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2