View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 nominations for tonight 
Group 1 winner

Post nominations for tonight
hi guys. i have an unraced 3yo i entered in the 3yo listed race for the league. there ar eover 30 runners in the field already so do you think i should remove her and put her in a different race?? its just im going to work now and dont want her to be withdrawn to reduce the field and then not have the chance to enter her in another race?!!

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 pm
Selling plater

I think i would play safe and enter her in a maiden.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:07 pm
Group 2 winner

Maidens will be split, so if they are un-raced in stakes races, do put them in a maiden where you're guaranteed a run.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Colm will we be told that are horses have been balloted out as soon as noms have closed???

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:22 pm
Group 2 winner

Once noms close, I will begin the scratches and will post on the league forum, who's been scratched.

If you have a horse entered in a race that you think might get scratched, now's the time to change it.

We need to keep things simple and straightforward as far as balloting out horses in graded races is concerned, so there's no confusion.
1. Remove all unraced horses
2. Remove lowest rated horses including ties.
Making judgements on the quality of horses based on one run or no runs would be a minefield.

There are quite a few un-raced horses in the Easter and Masaka stakes in particular. The stakes races that include un-races horses, as you could imagine, we can't pick and choose who goes and who stays of the un-raced horses.

Get them into a maiden so you can earn a rating for future handicaps and stakes races, if you think you might be ballotted out. The maidens will be split, so any horse in those races are guaranteed a run.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]