View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 UKRA Week 1 Races 
Group 1 winner

I Hope you do Finalfurlong. Yes bring on the handicaps!!! Hope you win a few!!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Congrats to Multi winners D Robertson, Scatters, K Robertson, Ryan and P Hogan, outstanding! Well done to Hemz for his victory to.

Great start to the UKRA season! A winner and some very good runs from others, thought i had a much better crop this year but have thought that before and been so wrong. Will do a write up on all my horses races tomorrow.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:23 pm
Handicapper

i cant believe the photo finish in the 2m3f race!!!
1 more yard and i had my first winner!
exciting anyway

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 pm
Group 1 winner

S Williams - I was impressed with your stable for a newbie trainer!! in my first week as a trainer i cudnt even muster one 5th place. Well done mate, in future seasons you will be right up there!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Btw altho i will do a full stable review over the weekend I have to mention Full Flight !!

As some will of seen i found her late on sat night before noms for week 1 closed, i uploaded her and wrote that i thought she was special. Well the fact that she powered past a Scatters horse late on in the race has delighted me, im so happy she won also for everyone who bet on her/tipped her to win.

I hope she is an Oaks chance, not sure if she likes epsom but 1m4f group races will be the target, or any 1m3f races which pop up along the way!!

Her next race will most probably be the Chesire Oaks in a few weeks time

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:57 pm
Handicapper

thanks. thought it would be a lot worse to be honest.
looking forward to the first winner.
and that was a good race with your oaks chance.
best of luck with her.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Group 1 winner

cheers bud. well remember alot of the winners in week 1 cant reappear against yours in maidens and even if you dont pick one of them you'll get a handicap for sure.

but mate dont enter your horses for group races unless you think they can run well, otherwise you will ruin their mark and miss the chance to pick up some handicaps with them. good luck buddy!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:32 pm
Handicapper

ive had a few drinks so excuse me but i cnt find the link :s

where do u put the races to watch them ??

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Mikey, they go in ProgramData/starters orders 4/exports/leaguraces.

Then you start up so4 and go to the race builder, then view race button.

Hope this helps

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:57 am
Group 2 winner

R2 Bibibeg 4th nice run as she is a lot better on the turf.

R4 Shamardal 1st She has a great attitude and battle back to win on the line

R5 Merlene 2nd Nice run she dropped back a the 3 furlong pole but picked up again and just died in the last few yards, 1m6f just finds her out.

R6 Miss Danehill 2nd Very happy with this run from a high draw on ground she doesn't like she is a lot better on the turf, looking forward to taking on the winner again, Its a little early to be talking about the Guineas but hopefully they both make it to the Guineas in good order.

R9 Storm Alert 1st S Drowne showed a lot of confidence on this horse he allowed Perfect Rhythm to go clear two and a half out then when he do make his run he ran into the back of Olay.

R10 Kasbah Bliss 4th is the stables first ever stayer, I would like to win a staying handicap with him but it will be hard.

R11 Lilly Fa Pootz I enjoyed watching the replay but it wasn't good to watch in running,I don't know what the jockey was thinking about she was up with the pace, he then dropped her back with three and half to go, but she really picked up to win nicely.

R13 Smolensko 5th This colt is better at 6f, the trainer is to blame as I thought he would have the speed to get placed.

R14 Kris S 3rd very good run, the trip was to short and the ground was wrong.

R15 Binocular 3rd looking forward to running her on the turf

R18 Alleged 7th I was hoping for a lot better but he is a turf horse so hopefully he'll improve on this run

R22 Polar Falcon 1st Nice run he ran into the back of Native Drive with one and half a furlongs to go but picked quickened up to win on the line.

I won't have many runners this week due to the ground conditions, I will be patient with my horses as it is a long season.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:21 am
Group 1 winner

kenny is it not worth it to just give me them another run due o the three race rule for hancidaps??

or by running my horses on unsuitable ground am i gunna mess them up somehow?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:30 am
Group 2 winner

kenny is it not worth it to just give me them another run due o the three race rule for hancidaps??

or by running my horses on unsuitable ground am i gunna mess them up somehow?

I will be looking to run most of my horses in listed race just to see the level of my stable, if they run well they my taken in a G3 if not I will be looking to some of the top handicaps from Royal Ascot onwards.

Running them won't mess them up, I just don't want to run them if I don't think they have a chance of running well, there will be plenty of opportunities in the next few weeks I just hope the sun comes out.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:32 pm
Group 1 winner

i just love having runners, which is evident in the trainer table - 42 runs in week 1 haha

plus the ground is terrible so if they dont run well theyre rating will still be low enough to be competitive in handicaps

yeh i need the sun out for weeks 4- 7 for the big races

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Great way to start first runner and she wins, could have some good races in her, she loves a battle so im not surprised she got home in first.

Race 3 - Jak O The Shadows 2nd
Got beat by a better horse on the day , but hope to see him in the winners enclosure soon.

Race 6 - Corenne 3rd.
Promising run, didnt find much at the end of the race, should go close again.

Race 9 - Shayol Ghul 5th
Every chance to be closer after hitting a little trouble may need to adjust trip slightly but will have another chance over the same distance.

Race 10 - Free Year 2nd
Only breed 1 stayer a year in my barn maybe 2 some years but was the biggest shock of the stable with this result.

Race 11 - Seander 4th
Solid run, turf will suit better i think so hopefully will go close again.

Race 12 - Vale Of Lakes 5th
Struggled with early pace, expected a good show and 5th was certainly something to build on.

Race 14 - Callandor 7th
Bit of a stinker of a ride, will try another maiden see how he fairs.

Race 15 - Golden Dawn 7th
Quirky horse, either really good or terrible had one of its worse days.

Race 17- Bleakness 2nd
Bit of trouble in running but had its chance to go and win the race just found one in Ryans New Approach that wanted it more.

Race 18 - Gaidin P/U
Injured, enough said didnt find out much at all :cry: .

Overall thought it was a very promising start to the UKRA league. Nice to be up there at the end of the races rather then at the back, good luck all in Week 2.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2