View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Early Preview - UK Season 12 Week 06 Race 02 English Oaks G1 
Group 1 winner

With over a week still to go, there has been a lot of movement in the betting ring. The unraced filly Oh So Sharp has been heavily back by the J Gorman stable and they are putting their money where there mouth is by backing their horse to the hilt. Some believe that the betting won’t stop leading up to the race and more will come for the filly. Liam is now anxious that some money can come for the other runners in the hope that if Oh So Sharp does win, his losses won’t be too severe. Some have quoted him saying “this could ruin me”. Others are saying that they just don’t understand, she has no form and there is a lot of class in the race. However the stable is very confident they have a beast on its hands and they may well have.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:18 pm
Selling plater

Sorry Scatters... Put Hot Rod in there by mistake was meant to put Cloverfields in the Oaks.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:03 am
Group 1 winner

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:15 am
Group 3 winner

You can have this for a quote, this Oh So Sharp is my bismark and it CANNOT WIN!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:42 pm
It seems the punters are not wearing Barry Dennis's latest attempt to decieve the racing public. Dennis was quoted today as saying the unraced favourite for the Oaks, Oh So Sharp, "CANNOT WIN"

When questioned, one Ladbrokes punter said "I wouldnt read too much into Mr Dennis's quotes, hes well known for talking shit! He claims the horse cannot win, yet he only offered 7/1 in the antepost market. I think that tells its own story"

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:01 pm
Group 1 winner

When questioned, one Ladbrokes punter said "I wouldnt read too much into Mr Dennis's quotes, hes well known for talking shit!

lol! really quiet today on here considering it's guineas day! Or has everyone given up due to the probability of watching the rear end of scatters equine superstars!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:11 pm
Group 1 winner

only scatters horse has a win to its name in the 2000 guineas field. nothing more needs said on the race really.

the 1000 is a wide open race on the other hand!!

does anyone know the crack with retirements - 3 for each league or 3 in total??

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 pm
Group 3 winner

The Scotty64 stable WOULD have had the guineas winner but their intended runner scoped badly.
This monster is running in a maiden soon, his times on the CK gallops have beaten every horse that has raced in the League over a mile on any surface on the respective courses..........EXCITING TIMES AHEAD!!!!!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 pm
I quite fancy my horse Persepolis, only has a length and a half to find with Speedito. He missed the kick in the Greenham and was stuck out the back before making up alot of ground. 1m on good ground at Newmarket is perfect for him and i think he can run a big race.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I wouldn't be against naajeye but he needs heavy really to have any chance so doubt it, can't see anything beating scatters horse.....god knows what will win the 1000 mines nowhere near good enough!! Going to be a bad day today I think, especially finding out my best hope for a win was drawn 14 at chester :evil:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:40 pm
Group 3 winner

It seems the punters are not wearing Barry Dennis's latest attempt to decieve the racing public. Dennis was quoted today as saying the unraced favourite for the Oaks, Oh So Sharp, "CANNOT WIN"

When questioned, one Ladbrokes punter said "I wouldnt read too much into Mr Dennis's quotes, hes well known for talking shit! He claims the horse cannot win, yet he only offered 7/1 in the antepost market. I think that tells its own story"

HAHAHA 'Like'

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:54 pm
Group 3 winner

looks like its 3 retirements for all leagues..

just retired some and only 3 in total were covered by replacements?

which is a bit stingy methinks

ahh well u live in hope

LR

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:42 pm
Group 1 winner

hmmm - Matt (17days) says he got 3 retirements for each league. Hemz has had 5 retirements in the nhc.

needs sorted so we all get the same retirements

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Get your quotes right! :lol:

You can have this for a quote, this Oh So Sharp is my bismark and it CANNOT WIN!

I have gone back to my notes and to my surprise it indeed does not read “this could ruin me”, but "this could ruin him". So my apologies to gherkdrfc, need to run now, I have made a quick appointment with the eye doctor.:oops:

But before I go the rhetoric doesn't seem to bother Mr J Gorman as more money is flowing in for Oh So Sharp. There has been some unbelivable betting plunges.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:42 pm
Group 1 winner

In the build up to the Oaks we managed time to again get the AMYS trained Adam ( Hackett ) on the phone to see if all was still going well, heres what he had to say,

" Im not a man to give to much away but i will say that the Good to Soft ground could not have come up any better, if this turns into whos got the heart and desire to win this race, i fully expect Amys if running her race to be there at the finish, With the soft in the ground and stamina being tested Amys will love the battle if it comes close at the wire. Ive no doubt of her getting her head up to win in this situation! "

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next