View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 SO 6 League 
Group 1 winner

Post SO 6 League
What's everyone's aim for next season, how do u think things will be like and do u think if the ttf files go it will make it harder and could u run a league team without CK trials. What would u like to see change.

If the ttf files go then I’m fine with it but if u can’t trial u horses then I think I wouldn't enter, I wouldn’t enter a crab shoot.

I think I'd like to drop down the league, i don’t think I would want to get into another arms race. It takes so much time to stay near the top.

I was just looking in SO6 files and there is a transfer pool.

Thu May 01, 2014 6:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO 6 League
ghostzapper74 wrote:
What's everyone's aim for next season, how do u think things will be like and do u think if the ttf files go it will make it harder and could u run a league team without CK trials. What would u like to see change.

If the ttf files go then I’m fine with it but if u can’t trial u horses then I think I wouldn't enter, I wouldn’t enter a crab shoot.

I think I'd like to drop down the league, i don’t think I would want to get into another arms race. It takes so much time to stay near the top.

I am retiring :shock:

Thu May 01, 2014 8:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

U cant retire until u 100 or dead, and then there's a afterlife league but u got to let the big fella win every race. :lol:

Thu May 01, 2014 8:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Considering we know absolutely nothing about how its going to work
i will wait and see and make my mind up nearer the time
I am all for making it a more even lge for all BUT
if it just becomes a lottery getting a half decent horse i probably wont participate
But knowing me i wont be able to keep away

Thu May 01, 2014 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
simpleminds wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

U cant retire until u 100 or dead, and then there's a afterlife league but u got to let the big fella win every race. :lol:

NOT :lol:

If tff are allowed I wont bother I cant be bothered with all that constant breeding it bores me but we should be able to C/K all our best horses for the league.

Gray

Thu May 01, 2014 8:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

agree with Gray

Thu May 01, 2014 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I might be wrong about the transfer pool , the H files are out of date.

I think if the ttf files go then the horse breeding would need to change, a horse breeding life needs to be a lot longer then u wouldnt need the ttf. As the game stands now the horse loses a lot after 5 years of age and if u race them till then u lost the best breeding years so u need to keep them young.

In real life u horse can breed good/great horses at 20+ and that's what needs to happen in here so u can race them till 5 or 6 and still get plenty of years in the breeding barn without having to save him.

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 01, 2014 8:32 pm
Handicapper

I think it's a case of wait and see before we can decide anything.
But how about when you export your horse that horse file is also sent directly to TOM or wherever ( like a horse pool ) and you can still trial your horses the usual way.
Then when you decide on your stable you can transfer your horses from the pool to your stable, that way there can be no tampering with the files for the league.
Don't know if this would be possible but it's a nice thought. :)

Thu May 01, 2014 8:43 pm
Group 1 winner

This (SO5) will be my final season in the league. I won't have time to even play SO6 the way things are looking, what with branching out into real life racehorse ownership and pressing through the purchase of a house these things need to take priority.

It's been a blast though.

Thu May 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Looking forward to playing SO6 since the graphics represent such a leap forward for this game but I will only enter the league if there are no horse files and horse ability isn't just pot luck to make it 'fair'.

Fri May 02, 2014 2:28 am
Handicapper

Well it's been a very long time since I've posted on this board!!! Love the look of SO6, Mark has done a grand job with the graphics, very impressive, well done Mark, this is the look of the game I'm sure you've wanted all along, and it does look bleeding great! Those that have taken over the league seem to have done a great job under very difficult circumstances, it looks like the league is fun again, as it's supposed to be, well done you guys! However little concerned about all this hex editing nonsense still going on (or not), had hoped this was behind us. On the bright side though, given I've read game horses are wining races, there can't be any cheating going on, games horse NEVER won races in the old days, so I'm sure it's all good! Haven't seen the new TOM but hear it's great, well done Leon (tried to log on but old ID not working - hope I haven't lost all my dosh!!! :D ).

Well as we don't know the format of the new league, I can't state my ambitions other than to WIN WIN WIN!!!, seriously though, will wait and see what pans out with that before I decide to enter, but if I do enter beware.............................. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I take no prisoners :D :D :D :D :D :D Hopefully developing great horses won't be a random thing, which seems to be a concerned. Don't mind about tff files as I think you're nuts using them, although I can understand why trainers with advanced stables will do so, I might have to look into that tactic when I've developed my stable (as normal :D ) to that stage!!!

I hope some of the old gang come back too, would love to see Fuller (yes you fuller!!!), Colm, Padraig (best sprinters I've ever seen!!!) ESAgent (lame duck :D ), Lee Cara, Mr Burke (hex editor king - just kidding mate!!!), Hemz and Westy too.

I hope, even if I do not decide to enter the league, that we can put the past behind us and move on and let bygones be bygones, as many of you have seem to have successfully done, I hold no grudges.

Hopefully Mark will do something to put all our minds at rest, but we have to remember league players only make up a tiny proportion of those buying this game and he has to consider everyone, not just us league gamers.

Roll on SO6!!!!

Enjoy your wins as time is not on your side.................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look forward to catching up with some of my old pals on MSN.

Sat May 03, 2014 4:54 am
Group 1 winner

I Like everyone on here heard rumors and rumblings about cheating back in so3
But did not really buy it i was not really involved i think it was the 2nd season of so3 league
when i tried it for the 1st time & it Sounds like the old league days were about who could cheat best
it just sounds like this was common place
no wonder i packed it in after a week back in so3

Sat May 03, 2014 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

So many cheaters in SO5, me being the main one, I just dont see the point of even buying SO6.

Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 am
Group 1 winner

Constructive as ever.

Well Done.

Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks. Rather that than as stupid as you.

Last edited by keithbeaky on Sat May 03, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 03, 2014 10:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next