View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 TTF Game Pool Size 
Group 2 winner

Post TTF Game Pool Size
Hi, thought I would put this here rather than general as it's probably used more by people in the league. Is there a maximum size for the TTF? I have had a few seasons now where I am losing all the horses I am sending to the game pool. It's really starting to annoy me now

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: TTF Game Pool Size
kniesh wrote:
Hi, thought I would put this here rather than general as it's probably used more by people in the league. Is there a maximum size for the TTF? I have had a few seasons now where I am losing all the horses I am sending to the game pool. It's really starting to annoy me now

Always save u TTF files, copy and paste them then put them in a separate folder on u computer so u can start afresh when saving them. I don't know about this game but in SO5 if u had the same bred horses it would stop u importing them into the ttf's that's why I started to save them. I have over 250 ttf's flat ones because I always save every day if I bred them.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:38 pm
Group 1 winner

I tend to export to game pool at the age 0f 4 I copy my ttf back into the saves folder on the last day (Save Game on Final Day) export the 4yo's I am planning on using click into next season without saving close your game if your using window Mode just click the x to close game then go into saves copy the ttf and put it back where you keep it that way you always got your old Favourites and new breeding stock together I have two ttf files one for Flat and one for Jumps.

I have not encounter a size problem yet my jumps so far is 404KB.

Gray

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

This is what I do too, I send horses to game pool, then at the end of that season I save the TTf file to one of a few different back ups. The problem seems to be that the horses arent saving to the pool originally, Ive lost a few very good horses in last few seasons now

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:05 pm
Group 1 winner

I keep a back up of every season at the season at the end of the season. Then you can go back and get the horse exported whenever you need it again. Also horses can't go missing unless you forget to keep a save of every season

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:45 pm
Group 2 winner

Thats a plan Leon, how do I do that please? Had me throwing things round the room the last few seasons

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:48 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Thats a plan Leon, how do I do that please? Had me throwing things round the room the last few seasons

What you have done I expect is transferred some into games then going to end of season and saving forgetting you have already transferred some horses out of the ttf so they not there anymore and saved over the top of your ttf.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

create a new folder somewhere else and just copy your saves in to it. When you want to move them back just move your save back ( easiest is to start an new game and then copy .sav file over it )

I just copy everything in the saves folder except for the fbr folder to a new location

When you want to retrieve it start a new game in say 3rd spot

Go to you backup location and say the save you want is 1.sav just rename it to 3.sav and copy it over your newly started game. All the saved games details will now be there

Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:16 pm
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:
kniesh wrote:

What you have done I expect is transferred some into games then going to end of season and saving forgetting you have already transferred some horses out of the ttf so they not there anymore and saved over the top of your ttf.

Pretty sure this is exactly what I've done. I put a few saved games back in and was running through the seasons to breed with a game horse.. Think I've obviously crossed wires along the way ... So annoying. Thanks for your help gents.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:35 am
Group 1 winner

Yes when transferring one must be vigilant after transferring in horses to save the game and then copy and paste the backup of your TTF back in. Make it a habit after every transfer session. Make a habit of saving a copy of the TTF after every time you add new horses to it too.

I had a TTF file with over 200 horses and at some point it got corrupted and it would not allow any more horses to be added. Not sure what happened there but I archived that file and started a new one.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:02 am
Group 2 winner

Yep, I used to always do that, been quite vigilant on it this time too, think its just because I had my main 5f game going, then I created an old saved game I kept in order to breed with a game horse I couldn't buy in game. I suspect that even though I was saving the file at the end of every season. At the end of the last season, when I send those offspring to the game pool I save it again. But as I then go back to my main 5f game, I suspect something goes wrong with transferring those horses to the game pool as 2 seasons finishing almost together?

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:16 am
Group 1 winner

I've got 250 flat ttf's and 150 jump ttf's and 50 US ttf's and I can tell what's in everyone of them. I've gone through 4 notebook's with the horses details in, I couldn't even guess how many horses have passed through my CK.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:36 am
Group 2 winner

Yep, mine used to be like that in the old versions Ghost, just think I'm out of practice after my retirement :lol: Clearly not quite as on the ball with them as before, but getting there.

This was just more annoying as the horses I have entered into the league were horses I spent a month or so breeding about 2 years ago. So I decided to completely start again incase the CK or game had changed in any significant way with all the patches. I had just got a massive pool of 5f game horses thast were much better than all the others, so started my proper breeding programme, then they're all going missing!!!! At what I'd say is the most important time in any proper breeding programme

Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:56 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Yep, mine used to be like that in the old versions Ghost, just think I'm out of practice after my retirement :lol: Clearly not quite as on the ball with them as before, but getting there.

This was just more annoying as the horses I have entered into the league were horses I spent a month or so breeding about 2 years ago. So I decided to completely start again incase the CK or game had changed in any significant way with all the patches. I had just got a massive pool of 5f game horses thast were much better than all the others, so started my proper breeding programme, then they're all going missing!!!! At what I'd say is the most important time in any proper breeding programme

The start is the most important part of breeding because it's a case u want to start at 50 or 60 % rather than 30 or 40%. I suppose u know what types of horses u after if u got to start again.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:05 am
Group 2 winner

Yeah, critical time. Thinking more about next season with starting again as my heart wasn't really in my last attempt, and I didn't enter anything in the end. Got a better start this time, trying to get as much speed in my lines as poss before heading for the other distances

Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next