View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Importing exports 
Group 1 winner

Post Importing exports
Is there a method to import back into the game horses that have been exported?

Thu May 05, 2016 9:58 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Importing exports
I assume you mean to put a horse back in the game once it's left? If you retire to game pool, at the end of that season it saves to the TTF file in 'Documents-Starters Orders6-saves'. Keep backing up that file into a spare folder somewhere, then you go in to 'transfers' in the game, and you can put the horse back into the game to breed. You can do this as many times as you like if you keep backing it up.

Apologies if that's not what you meant.

If you mean you lost the horse from the game pool (I recently lost my best 3 sprint colts too). There's no way of getting them back in there from the horse file I don't think

Thu May 05, 2016 10:32 am
Group 1 winner

Sort of, presently I pool horses at the end of the year when I have them as candidates for league trials, these I then take into a new game in batches of 6, i get them fit in that game, run as two years olds for development and when they are ready export them. I figured this was the best way to keep a horse I may want to run a year later without stalling either my play game or now recently added three breeding games. But it is not a very efficient method and is limited to the six horses per save and the number of games I can run at the same time.

I can of course manage this by transferring everything twice, once to take in game and export and then again after a crash to have a copy, but it creates for a management headache, and in many cases now I only have versions of horses in the export feature, no longer in game or transfer pool. So I wanted to know if I can take the export file and drop it somewhere to have the game then recognise it back as a pooled horse? If that makes sense?

Your suggested file back up might be the method I seek longer term so I don't lose horses once exported in this manner.

Josh

Thu May 05, 2016 11:44 am
Group 2 winner

The backup is definitely the best way i find. I run the horse till it's 4. I export it at 3 an 4. At the end of the 4yo season it is sent to game pool, meaning all my horses come back into the game for breeding at 5yo. at the end of every season I transfer the TTF into the backup TTF folder, I have a load of these for different distances. Then whan you transfer horses in for breeding, simply copy the backup back into the saves part.

Unfortunately there's no way round the 6 per season. And if you have lost a horse from the game pool, there's no way of getting it back into the game

Thu May 05, 2016 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]