View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 WEEK 10 comms 
Group 1 winner

Post WEEK 10 comms
Hi all.
Who is available this weekend?

Thu May 19, 2016 3:56 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: WEEK 10 comms
I can do a bunch. Mostly Day 2 and 3 but I'm pretty free to call.

Thu May 19, 2016 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thanks Mike.

I'll look after Monday flat then and if you can roll Tuesday flat and any of Wednesday that will be cool.
I can pick up the rest. Hopefully I can get some help for the hunt :-)

Thu May 19, 2016 5:24 am
Group 1 winner

What do you guys actually use to do the comms? Is there a program or something and then you have to sync the audio file to the race file? Would like to give it a go even if it was just one race to try out as the handicapping takes up a lot of time.

Thu May 19, 2016 9:40 pm
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
What do you guys actually use to do the comms? Is there a program or something and then you have to sync the audio file to the race file? Would like to give it a go even if it was just one race to try out as the handicapping takes up a lot of time.

I use Audacity Nick its free what I do is start the film and pause it at the Beginning then I click record on Audacity once that is running I then click start the race and start com after its finish I edit it where I started the com trim it and trim again at the end Click Export Audio and name it. It is best then to just send the Wav file to me if you attached it to the race it takes ages to download in Dropbox much easier to just send the wave file.

Thu May 19, 2016 10:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Hi Gray how do you then combine the wave file to the race file?

What programs do you user.

I already have audacity.

Thanks

Fri May 20, 2016 12:37 am
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:

I use Audacity as well, Nick.
I hit record then drop the Audacity window - then at the same time as I click play on the vid I make a click sound into the mic - that shows me on the wave file where I delete up to on the audio so it matches with the start of the vid.
To edit the audio - go into Audacity - highlight the area you want to delete then click on the "scissors" button.
So pretty much I trim the end and then the start of the audio and then I mail it off to Gray.

My only other advice it to pick out a few races from last week...turn down the volume and practice doing calls.

If you want to do a few calls - we do need help with the Hunt - especially on the first day :-)

Last edited by NPG319 on Fri May 20, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 20, 2016 12:46 am
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:
Hi Gray how do you then combine the wave file to the race file?

What programs do you user.

I already have audacity.

Thanks

I use Windows Movie maker I upload the race once its gone through movie maker I paste the title of the race so it has the race title on the film I now expand the title to the length of the movie I then click edit click the speaker and turn the volume right down click home and then click add Music now Dougs Coms are so good I don't need to alter them at all I add Doug's wave file to the Race and then Click Save movie in 1080 and give it it's title once saved I then Upload 10 races at a time to You Tube.

Gray

Fri May 20, 2016 8:57 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I won't be able to do any this weekend. I've got Monday off so I'll try it out and if it's all good i'll try one of Wednesdays races if they are going but if not I'll give it a go at some point.

Fri May 20, 2016 10:52 pm
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
I won't be able to do any this weekend. I've got Monday off so I'll try it out and if it's all good i'll try one of Wednesdays races if they are going but if not I'll give it a go at some point.

Hi Nick - I will leave you race 29 of the hunt - The Midlands Grand National. It's 4m1f....it will be an easy race to call - average size field.
If you have trouble reading the field names from the video - stop it and hit download in the mid top right...when it's downloaded you'll get a crystal clear picture :-)
(that is why you hear me stumbling over names sometimes because I usually don't have time to download races - unless a race has a lot of runners or the picture is too blurry)

Good luck, Nick :-)

Sat May 21, 2016 1:11 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
nick_driver wrote:

Hi Nick - I will leave you race 29 of the hunt - The Midlands Grand National. It's 4m1f....it will be an easy race to call - average size field.
If you have trouble reading the field names from the video - stop it and hit download in the mid top right...when it's downloaded you'll get a crystal clear picture :-)
(that is why you hear me stumbling over names sometimes because I usually don't have time to download races - unless a race has a lot of runners or the picture is too blurry)

What do you do with the video, download it from dropbox and then run the replay in CK or Audacity?

Sat May 21, 2016 7:20 am
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
nick_driver wrote:

What do you do with the video, download it from dropbox and then run the replay in CK or Audacity?

Ok - open it from dropbox and press play. Most vids are clear enough to read. If not stop or pause then hit download that is on the video screen. It will download and open up and it will also have a tab down the bottom of your desk top - just press play.

Audacity is just for the comms only. Once you have recorded your comms and trimmed the end and start - then click on 'File' in Audacity - then click 'Export selected audio' then type in 'NHR 29' and then another window will appear and in I think it is 'Track Title' type 'NHR 29' again. and that will save the audio onto your computer.
Then email that file to Gray. The file will attach to the email through Dropbox.

Sat May 21, 2016 10:25 am
Group 1 winner

Cheers mate, will give a a spin on Monday after I've done the handicaps and if it works OK I'll do that race, I'll let you know Monday anyway if it's all good or not.

Sat May 21, 2016 10:50 am
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
Cheers mate, will give a a spin on Monday after I've done the handicaps and if it works OK I'll do that race, I'll let you know Monday anyway if it's all good or not.

No worries, Nick.

Sat May 21, 2016 2:36 pm
Group 1 winner

I'll be doing the Day 2 comms tonight and hopefully finish them tonight, if not then tomorrow morning. Then Day 3 tomorrow.

Sun May 22, 2016 3:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next