View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Season Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Season Reviews
Post Reviews on your Stables season here

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:04 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Season Reviews

I will write a review here when get chance

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Flat – 8 wins
Escape X2 nursery races - my best 2yo over 5 furlongs in trails but ran his best race when running on late over 6f in 0-100 nursery.
Grandeur kummel – brought in in the transfer window due to my lack of stayers and managed to win a 0-110 handicap.
Queen of swords – managed a maiden handicap win when it finally got its ground and trip.
Ronnie – my most surprising horse as it only got in my team due to lack of other stayers won the first marathon qualifier and then finished second in the final.
Roots hall – my first league flat winner over a trip that shouldn’t have suited in a 0-85 handicap.
Wind me up – most held up horse I have ever seen in the game and didn’t really suit the league but managed to win a listed race making it my best winner.
Yellow dart – quickly became my lowest rated horse but made up for it winning a 0-80 handicap and also finishing second 3 times over distances from 1.1m to 1.5m
Most dissapionting horse – filet o fish won all 2 year old trails easily and has now been used as my most influential stud but was never rated low enough in the league for handicaps and not good enough for group races so never managed to pick up a win. He was still however my highest rated horse the whole way through.
Unluckiest horse – shrimper phil ultra consistent sprint handicapper picking up prize money in 8 of 11 handicaps but never managing a win.

NH – 17 wins
Aintree ant x2 – won two handicap chases and also finished second twice although he was brought into my team as mainly a hurdler.
Amex – won a listed handicap chase over 3m also finished second in his maiden.
Chicken doner – brought in during the transfer window he managed to win off what I saw as a very generous handicap mark on the final day of the season.
Eddie the shrimp x2 – my most successful horse winning a group two and the group one melling chase all after being a flat cast off and never running in jumps in game.
Eleven a side – won in a dead heat being a very consistent handicapper finishing in the top three five times.
Falmer x2 – won his maiden making him my first ever league winner and also managed dead heat aswell.
Fast car – another brought in during the window a son of filet o fish who won a handicap hurdle off a low mark after falling in his first hurdle start. Also bagged a few seconds over the bigger obsticles.
Garry – my best novice after winning a group two novice race.
Royal flush – won the west wales national.
Scarborough kodiac – brought in during the window he managed a handicap win on the last day of the season.
Simple mind – won one of his maiden chases and never recovered from the handicap mark with his next best finish coming in the last week when fourth in the moores millions final.
Ten past two x2 – won his last two races one being a hurdle and one a chase.
Wareed dangle – front running colt who was also my favourite to watch this year winning the munster national and also placing in the English and irish gold cups will hopefully return as an eight year old.
Most disappointing horse – pink lady was very successful in trials however didn’t manage to win in the league even though being in my opinion well handicapped.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:19 pm
Group 3 winner

I had a great season with 52 winners. Will come back stronger than ever next season.

Delighted to have the Champion 2 mile Hurdler and the Champion Bumper Horse.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:42 pm
Group 1 winner

First of all Congrats to J Harrison Flat Champion and J Morgan NH Champion both had great seasons I had my best Jump Season ever finishing 3rd with 46 Winners but in the other code seemed to have gone backwards which was expected has I tend to play the Jumps game most and didn't even finish in the Top Ten its been a good Season hopefully we can build on this for Next Season my best horse in the Game I think was Pembroke Dock who won both his first races and Grey Misery my favourite Novice also had a great season and Funky Princess won 4 times.

Flat = Rubbish :lol:

Gray

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

whats the betting and tipping results? :)

Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:27 pm
Group 1 winner

that will be updated next week just dont have the time during Royal Ascot
week i have not forgotten about the antepost bets

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

My best ever season, 29 wins in total which is more than double my previous best.

Flat = 16 wins from 13 separate horses out of a stable of 20. Every single one was a handicap, the vast majority in the bottom grade, which shows how successful it is possible to be with moderate horses. Did get a first ever Royal Ascot winner and bagged 2 of the all weather finals. 3 of the wins were achieved by gamebreds.

NH = 13 wins from 5 separate horses out of a stable of 30. 1 maiden win and 12 handicaps, mainly low grade. 2 horses won 4 races and another 3 and possibly set a record by winning a race with a 12yo, I don't think anyone has won a league race with anything older than that. 9 of the wins were achieved by gamebreds.

I huge thank you to everyone involved with the running of the league, it is a massive undertaking. It has been really enjoyable and to top it all off the wife has not instigated divorce proceedings.

I am now breeding some better horses but the end result is likely to be detrimental as I cannot commit the time and effort to compete at the top table but my horses may be too good to allow me to farm the low-grade handicaps, but if I can just get a couple of horses that are competetive in the group races (probably sprints) I will be happy.

The one bugbear is the apparently random pulling up of horses in the 3 mile+ races. I have watched a lot of these and have spotted a pattern which appears to be programmed into the racekit.
1) It does not happen in races up to and including 2m7f.
2) The pulling upalways takes place, give or take a bit, around 10f from the finish.
3) In races of 3 mile+ It appears to depend upon the number of fallers early in the race. The racekit appears to have a quota of non-finishers it must reach because if several horses fall early the number of horses pulling up is severely reduced. Hence why not a single horse got pulled up in the Grand National!

Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Pommard wrote:
The one bugbear is the apparently random pulling up of horses in the 3 mile+ races. I have watched a lot of these and have spotted a pattern which appears to be programmed into the racekit.
1) It does not happen in races up to and including 2m7f.
2) The pulling upalways takes place, give or take a bit, around 10f from the finish.
3) In races of 3 mile+ It appears to depend upon the number of fallers early in the race. The racekit appears to have a quota of non-finishers it must reach because if several horses fall early the number of horses pulling up is severely reduced. Hence why not a single horse got pulled up in the Grand National!

Agree with this 100% about the racekit.
On a personal note I had about 19-20 horses pulled up and that's not including the ones I retired after week 5, can't remember if any of them pulled up, and for me it spoiled the jumps league in a big way. It was really frustrating running races and watching horses from all stables get pulled up for no reason and long before the seasons end I was completely fed up with the racekit. Even though I prefer the jumps I will only have a few 2m and 2m4f horses taking part next season if any and will most likely concentrate on the flat.

ps. my horse in the Grand National Ima Donkey was brought down but race comments were that it was :shock: :o pulled up!

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:53 pm
Group 3 winner

Horses pulling up was terrible yeah. I had about 20 horses pull up. One horse pulled up 8 times.
Needs to be fixed before next league.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Well heading into the season I was expecting to improve on my performance from last season's top 10 finish. It was not to be as it became evident that my horses were basically the same from last season talent wise. Not bad and not great meant my horses were handicapped into oblivion after most of them ran decent debut races. It took until late into week 4 to get my first win - this after getting what would have been my first win earlier that week ripped from my cold dead hands. :x :oops: Then it took another 4 weeks to get a win. 4 wins to be exact - all of them on one day which was easily the high point of the season for me. Later I got some nice handicap scores which were satisfying. All through the season my horses popped up in some of the bigger races to get some nice Group money. My horses earned $1.2+ million this season with the highest earner winning 300k.

In previous seasons when the export files were individual horses it was easier to trial my horses at specific courses and distances to find out which of my eligible horses were better at certains races each week. As it is now it is too time consuming to set up the race and trial horses. The current "group" feature in the CK doesn't cut it for me. Before I could just could just copy and paste my trial groups into the CK in seconds flat. I'm sure I would have had a few more wins if I trialled more each week.

My jumps team was put together fast and not much was expected. Just by chance the majority of my horses were straight up front runners which is not my style. Sorry again to all the trainers whose horses were spent trying to chase my donkey speedballers. There were some bright spots with two Grade 1 wins. French Life was a gamebred I acquired real fast trying to get some jumpers together. She trialled great at the Grand National conditions and my hopes were high for her in that race. She led the early stages and then while running beautifully she just runs straight into the fence making no effort to jump. :? My other runner in the race fell or pulled up too. Still my horses are yet to finish the Grand National. I really want to win the Grand National - even just to finish the race would be good. French Life banked 500k most of it coming in a dominant performance in the Paul Moore final. Easily the high point of the jumps season.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:22 pm
Group 1 winner

I was delighted with my jumpers the best bunch I've ever had and was totally shocked that my 2m hurdlers proved so good. My flat horses turned out to be mixed bunch, my 2yo's ran to far off the pace and always needed luck to catch up.

My Stars.

Allegretto turned out how she looked in game, just a superstar and is the best horse I've ever had.

Laila Alaiwa my half bred won 2 races and finished in the top 3 in every race. Proved how good his sire Salt Lake .

Keen Hunter won 4 group 1 races, was not sure how good he was going in but must be my best sprinter.

Rakopshi King is my first ever 1m4 horse to be able to compete with the best at the distance.

My Jump Stars.

New Halen ran just about every week and was unbeaten in 6, it goes to show u can judge horses in game because I only bred him on the last night before the deadline and he was in a battle with another of my horses in the Ryanair and they put over 25L between them and the computer horses so that's why I put him in.

Pomme Tiepy was my best stayer and won me the Grand National, her big aim was the group1 at the festival but didn't run because the ground was soft.

Lauras Dream was my best 3m+ horse going in and didn't really have her ground until the very end but came good the last 2 weeks.

Bellator + Large Action + Callisoe Bay these 2m hurdlers won 11 out of 12 races between them and going in I thought they were average because no one looked special but I now know why that was because they were all very good.

My hurdlers turned to be better than my chasers this time not sure why but I think there's 0% chance of my horses doing what they did this year. Plus I think this was the strongest jumps season I've been apart of, normally the flat teams are stronger than the jumps but I think they are on a par.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:47 am
Group 1 winner

Work has begun on Next seasons Grand National horses

This is in game managed to get 17 qualified for the Melbourne Cup and had the first 15 home

Ha forgot to name 2 of them

Looking for the next Black Coffee & Colombian Coffee

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

wow some effort to defend his title

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

He also won my new Grand National trials scoring in every one of the 10 trials