View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Trainers notes 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers notes
Been working hard on the national hunt side as i cant see improving my flat horses from
flat breeding these 3 mile hurdlers and chasers were bought into a flat game and ran in
Oaks & Derby trials safe to say pretty stunned by these results my league team were
well beaten. The horse i bought in during the window Treaty Of Melbourne did not even
score 1 point in any of the trials - thats next seasons Oaks & Derby runners sorted then :lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Season Review

poems by William Barnes

Flat
Did not hit the heights that i hoped for but had some great moments during the season
Treaty Of Versailles a dual Oaks winner was star of the season for me. 4th in the championship
was not so bad after a very slow start had a really great final week with 4 or 5 G1s Also breeding and
training the Epsom Derby winner has been a long term target and am very proud to have achieved this.

National Hunt
Fantastic season finishing 2nd in the table with 58 winners and many great moments Aintree will live long in
the memory with 8 or 9 winners during the Aintree Festival. had a few stable stars Me Andre had 6 winners this season
Attorney General 5 & Chestnut surprise 5 too biggest achievement was only 5 of my 35 national hunt horses failed to win
a race this season and 30 won races. Congratulations to Josh who lead from the front early and to think I went level at one
point in week 11 but he blazed away again to win by 13 great effort mate.
But TBH m amazed how my NH team did this season

My League Career
Season - Flat Wins - NH Wins - Total Wins

S1 - 27 - 41 - 68
S2 - 28 - 26 - 54
S3 - 25 - 52 - 77
S4 - 20 - 35 - 55
S5 - 42 - 60 - 102
S6 - 72 - 51 - 123
S7 - 54 - 48 - 102
S8 - 35 - 58 - 93
Tot - 301 - 369 - 670

I'd like to thank everyone involved hope to see everyone back for one more time

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Found a fantastic new bloodline of front running style horses they go off very quick
and show alot of bravery

This is Sea King trialed exceptionally well in Derby trials loves the front they come to
tackle him late on but he sees him off.

His grandsire is a new gamebred

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Nice looking horse, it's interesting that the longer the game has gone along then the more front horses do best even on the flat.

I've not even bred any horses yet for next year , just chilling and hopefully i'll get 1 breeding season into them.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Almost a 3rd of the way through the season so here is how my teams are faring.

UKRA
Doing a heck of alot better than expected. suspect I'm winning more races due
to the absence of Thunderspark & Jalupan. So far 15 of my 25 horses have got off
the mark 10 yet to win a race apart from the juveniles it looks a strong team. 6
Individual G1 winners in the yard so far & 3 classic winners. In terms of the
Championship John & Jango will be tough nuts to crack.

NHC
Alot of time was spent on making improvements to the team and I did notice
alot of improvement in trials and glad to see they are also producing the goods
in the league. 27 wins so far with 18 of my 30 horses getting off the mark 12
remaining maidens. 3 Individual G1 winners in the yard so far and I'm delighted
how the team are going should be a titanic battle for the championship.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:11 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
In terms of the Championship John & Jango will be tough nuts to crack.

I will need a turn around in luck to stop from sliding down the ratings.
No doubt more experienced trainers have been in my position before but i am completely baffled by my horses performance.
The reason why i think it is "luck" is because i threw everything at this final SO6 season (because i am not sure i can rally again for the next SO7 season).
Almost all my horses have Max bars.
But as we know hidden bars are just as important and maybe more so.
So i spent 2 months solid in trials looking for traits like running up front, going early, having that final push just before the post.
I added bucket loads of Distance Adaptability as i found this really seemed to help if the horse is forced wide and has further to run.
I trialed at every track in the schedule for the particular distance, with and without pacemakers.
Ran against all my best performing horses from the season before and thrashed them.
Compared race times from last season from the races i ran so it was on the same PC, and the new horses posted faster times.

The horse below didnt make the final list due to poor performance (hidden stats) but its typical of my stable bars.

So about luck, or more the point bad luck.
Staying on same pace (even though all my horses have 100% consistency).
Bar barrier draws
Getting boxed in
Running wide on all the turns

I honestly dont think i can present better horses than i have this season.
The amount of time i have put in would make Paul look like a casual player! :lol:
My results in week one were not unexpected to be honest.
So to me it is all about luck now.

Last edited by Jango on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:52 am
Group 3 winner

Jango i'd disgree about luck because there's lots of other things we can't control. Ground- Course -Running Style - Pace of the Race all make up around 10 percent no one can control and with the horses around 100 percent any horse can run from 1st to 7th in any race. U - Paul- Josh - Jim and DT who has improved massively this season are all ultra competitive and want to be right up the top and so it will always be tough at the top.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:34 am
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
Jango i'd disgree about luck because there's lots of other things we can't control. Ground- Course -Running Style - Pace of the Race all make up around 10 percent no one can control and with the horses around 100 percent any horse can run from 1st to 7th in any race. U - Paul- Josh - Jim and DT who has improved massively this season are all ultra competitive and want to be right up the top and so it will always be tough at the top.

Oh i do agree that its tough at the top, for sure.

Things we cant control like "not quicken", "getting boxed in" and "barrier draws" to me by definition is bad luck.

Dont get me wrong, i'm not complaining or whining, hey i'm still 3rd ranked at the moment. :D
What i am talking about is as you say, the factors we cannot control. Hence my hope for a repeat of my week 1 results where it seems i had good luck!

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:23 am
Group 3 winner

I think maiden races are strange beasts in WK1, I had a horse who won and then ran 6 times and was unplaced in all the races. The closer all our horses get the more random they become, my trials were the worst they have ever been for this season. No horse dominated in any of them and most struggled ( even my horses in league) to be consistant. Take my horse McCraken won well in week 1 but has been poor since and yet Tele was poor up to this week and yet won the Preakness nicely.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 am
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
I think maiden races are strange beasts in WK1, I had a horse who won and then ran 6 times and was unplaced in all the races. The closer all our horses get the more random they become, my trials were the worst they have ever been for this season. No horse dominated in any of them and most struggled ( even my horses in league) to be consistant. Take my horse McCraken won well in week 1 but has been poor since and yet Tele was poor up to this week and yet won the Preakness nicely.

I think your right.
I need to put week 1 behind me. But it tasted so sweet!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Smart race nominations is all i have left, although i do have a couple of beasts lined up for the window. :D

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7