View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Review/Preview Show for Youtube 
Group 2 winner

Post Review/Preview Show for Youtube
I was wondering if anyone would like me to do some sort of a weekly round up bulletin for youtube after the weeks racing. Say on a Thursday. I could use the excellent webpage as the video backdrop and maybe when I get a bit better with the software insert some finishes.

If trainers gave me some reaction to how their horses did (like on the reaction thread) and what their future plans are it might add a little depth and bridge the gap on non racing days. Also the commentators could let me know if certain horses caught their eye in running etc

Similarly I could do a Morning line style preview of the weeks major races on the Friday for release late Friday night / Saturday morning again with input from trainers about how their horses might go that week. Commentators telling me what races they were looking forward to calling and horses running etc

May all sound a bit daft but could add to the realism and build the tension before big races. Might also help people who don't have time to read all the threads or watch all the races keep up to date with whats going on. More importantly it could actually be fun and help promote the league and the game.

As I don't have any horses in the game it would also give me something to keep me involved midweek as I don't have to struggle with entries and tactics.

Would also be much better if other people wanted to do it alongside or instead of me some weeks too as that would keep it fresh.

Apologies if someone is already doing it and just hasn't started yet and I certainly won't take any offence if its not of any interest.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Review/Preview Show for Youtube
nothing like this has ever been done before we had newsletters but nothing like this

it would be great

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

This would personally be awesome if it can be done mate.. 8) 8) 8)

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:51 pm
Group 1 winner

That would be be fantastic.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:18 pm
Group 1 winner

If it could be done I can upload it to the you tube channel no limit on how long but be easier if under 20mins.

Gray

If someone wants something saved from a race I could cut it save it send it through Dropbox

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:
If it could be done I can upload it to the you tube channel no limit on how long but be easier if under 20mins.

Gray

If someone wants something saved from a race I could cut it save it send it through Dropbox

What do you use for uploading Gray, I have something called Ezvid which uploads straight to youtube too but I think can be exported as a file also if it is better for you to upload it. I was thinking of doing a 15 minute episode for the flat and the same for the jumps so well under 20.

Sending some of the finishes of the big races would be good then I think I can just splice them in where I want them. Will have a bash at it tonight. If you could save the finishes of the weeks big races, say the last furlong or so and dropbox them or email them to me that would be a great help.

Anyone else got any ideas of things that could be incorporated

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
simpleminds wrote:

Gray

What do you use for uploading Gray, I have something called Ezvid which uploads straight to youtube too but I think can be exported as a file also if it is better for you to upload it. I was thinking of doing a 15 minute episode for the flat and the same for the jumps so well under 20.

Sending some of the finishes of the big races would be good then I think I can just splice them in where I want them. Will have a bash at it tonight. If you could save the finishes of the weeks big races, say the last furlong or so and dropbox them or email them to me that would be a great help.

Anyone else got any ideas of things that could be incorporated

Some trainers could e-mail you or me with a attached wav file talking about certain races horses and future plans but would anybody do this? don't know.

Gray

Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

love the idea, maybe add a "best fall" competition for a bit of fun? :)

Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Sounds good!

Crikey Martin - I didn't realise it was you posting this so I have to edit what I originally posted lol
No worries bruz - I'll help you out!

Can always see if Mike and Tim are interested as well.

I can either send a quick sound bite or a small email that you can read.

Great idea from you - love it!

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:33 pm
Group 2 winner

Okay, well I think there has been enough positive response to give this thing a go. Have spent the evening familiarising myself with some software and it should be fairly straight forward (fingers crossed) with a mixture of Ezvid and Avidemux for the video and (hopefully) Audacity for adding in extra audio if needed.

All of those programs are freeware so if anyone fancies having a go at doing a piece or a whole episode in the future they are free to download and easy to use. I have only been playing around with them for an hour or so and am already fairly familiar with them. I also discovered tonight how to download from you tube, didn't know how before .... you just type ss before youtube in the ULR and it downloads it.

What I propose to do is do 4 episodes a week. One review and one preview each for Flat and NH all around 15 minutes long.

In the review show feature the past weeks top races with replay of the finish and quotes from trainers etc. Then do a round up of notable performances in other races and reaction and future plans from the trainers about their runners. Should be able to get these out on Thursdays at some point.

For the preview show do a similar thing and focus on the top events that week. Speculate on ground conditions, suitability of trip etc. Obviously I will be relying on getting info from trainers for this bit. Would also be good if people wanted to actually talk about their runners as a 'guest' again either on audio, video or just by a written statement. Would hope to get this out late Friday after nominations have closed but may be Saturday morning.

If anyone wants to help it would be much better with more than one voice and also if anyone has a weekly feature they fancy doing like 'fall of the week' as was mentioned or 'ride of the week' 'horse to keep an eye on' that would be good.

Obviously time is a bit tight now this week but I will do a truncated Flat/NH combo review tomorrow focusing on the two big flat races the Winter Derby and Spring Cup plus a round up of the others. On the NH side as all were maidens I will just do a round up unless there is a race a lot of people think was the stand out.

Flat preview show is going to be a bit full with Meydan, The Lincoln and the Guineas trials to look at. On the NH side the focus will be on the Group races.

So send me as much info as you can to martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk I will also scour the reactions thread to pick up what I can.

Any would be Nick Lucks or Emma Spencers get in touch via email .... especially the latter !! :wink:

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

This sounds great !!!!

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:35 am
Handicapper

Great idea but don't do too much that you get burned out.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:00 am
Group 1 winner

thunderspark1 wrote:
Great idea but don't do too much that you get burned out.

I agree with Thunderspark - but if you have the free time then I say go for it and along the way work out a good balance.
You are much needed with comms - especially for the Hunt races.

Doug

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:53 am
Group 1 winner

This sounds like an awesome idea!

I'd be more than happy to help out at times (perhaps do an American's review for the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont, & Breeders' Cup). I can't help all the time, but would be happy to offer some help once in a while.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:16 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Sounds like a fun idea.

Josh

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next