View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Grand National Breeding 
Group 1 winner

Post Grand National Breeding
After James's Success yesterday decided to have a look at breeding 5YO Grand National horses
these are all flat bred horses have not even been transferred into a jumps game yet which brings
more improvement in performance so going by this 5YO are the way to go
Coffee De London looks a beast look forward to seeing the jumps version in the 5 trials
the flat version won 2 1 2nd 1 3rd and a non top 6 finish but never fell once
there were 33 runners in the trials

thought id share my findings

imagehost ru

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Grand National Breeding
Didnt know that case closed was only 5yo
i never ever thought a 5yo could win the national
very interesting

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:10 pm
Group 1 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
Didnt know that case closed was only 5yo
i never ever thought a 5yo could win the national
very interesting

That makes 2 of us Del

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

its funny that the real race is for 7yo+ 4 5 & 6yo are not allowed to run in it

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Wow the jumps version is a beast

share image

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I hope the jump bars mean more in the next game, I don't think they add anything at the moment. U horse can have both full and be awful and yet a horse can have none and be a great jumper.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Lets just hope S07 is more realistic when it comes to breeding full stop!

Are we not going for realism ??? a 5yo winning the National :lol: every top horse breeds something of equal standard more or less its nothing short of fantasy when it comes to breeding. (imo, the hdb & ttf files have to be blocked)

So more realism please & less fairyland breeding....

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:

Are we not going for realism ??? a 5yo winning the National :lol: every top horse breeds something of equal standard more or less its nothing short of fantasy when it comes to breeding. (imo, the hdb & ttf files have to be blocked)

HDB files does nothing just backs up the horses in the kit makes it easier to manage your horses see no point in getting rid of it as
its basically a tool for filtering horses manually

The TTF file is the one that you are able to multiple breed horses from one monster producing horses
all distances well it would be a great leveler if it was no longer available i think it would make the game more fun.

Pointless doing anything major til SO7 but think some things can be done to help the league. Id hate to loose the HDB
file as i find the filter system in CK unbearable i like to do my horses one distance at a time this is a handy tool to do that.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

i had mixed results when trialling 5/6yo national distances vs 8/9yo. The interesting bit missing here is does he still command those length advantages when he is older?

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 pm
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:

I don't think that it's ttf files that can be blemed for all the ills of the game or for the success of some of the top trainers. I have recently retired and I have had probably my best season ever in the last 5 years I have been playing and I think a lot of my success is down to the hours I have spent breeding. Some rainy winter days I spend 5 or 6 hours a day playing the game. When I was working, if I was lucky, I spent 1 or 2 hours a day playing the game.

I think another factor is having a deeper understanding of breeding, which I have only just begun to understand by spending more time playing the game and reading various posts on the forums. Before this season I mostly played a very standard game breeding G1 winners with G1 winners and never really looked too closely at green bars. Now green bars play a vital role in my breeding. Sure it helps that I can use ttf files, but so can every other trainer.

As far as realism goes, this is just a compter game, and I treat it as such. I don't care whether it mimicks real life racing. All I want to do is play a stategy style computer game. And before anyone suggests I go play some other game, I like this game.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
i had mixed results when trialling 5/6yo national distances vs 8/9yo. The interesting bit missing here is does he still command those length advantages when he is older?

The problem is u cant race against each other in the CK so it's hard to say what's best, u could run against each in game but its not the same. I'll stick to what I'm doing, right or wrong.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
Anadin wrote:

I don't think that it's ttf files that can be blemed for all the ills of the game or for the success of some of the top trainers. I have recently retired and I have had probably my best season ever in the last 5 years I have been playing and I think a lot of my success is down to the hours I have spent breeding. Some rainy winter days I spend 5 or 6 hours a day playing the game. When I was working, if I was lucky, I spent 1 or 2 hours a day playing the game.

I think another factor is having a deeper understanding of breeding, which I have only just begun to understand by spending more time playing the game and reading various posts on the forums. Before this season I mostly played a very standard game breeding G1 winners with G1 winners and never really looked too closely at green bars. Now green bars play a vital role in my breeding. Sure it helps that I can use ttf files, but so can every other trainer.

As far as realism goes, this is just a compter game, and I treat it as such. I don't care whether it mimicks real life racing. All I want to do is play a stategy style computer game. And before anyone suggests I go play some other game, I like this game.

Fair call. I just see it as a computer game that looks like horse racing. It's like when I am playing Battlefield 1 - peeps in the forums whinging it isn't real enough....wtf? You die and come back to life a zillion times hahahahaha :)
There are some things in SO that can be made more realistic - the tracks for example but when it comes down to the horses or jockeys or even breeding - I think we have to take it for what it is. A computer game.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Wannabe wrote:
Anadin wrote:

Totally agree, its a game and maybe I am expecting to much from a sports simulation, although I tend to stick with them (sport sims) for the realistic nature of the beast and not necessary for its easy playability.

My comments are certainly aimed at the league and I believe that a "no access" ttf file would improve the league. With all the recent effort now put into the league, full comms, reviews, previews, live broadcasts, horses of the week etc etc. are we not duping ourselves :? when there is a blatant flaw (available to all) in the use of the ttf file.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:37 pm
Group 2 winner

This post is for Paul.

I'm sorry Paul, we seem to have hijacked your original post about grand national breeding. My apologies.

Jim

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:40 am
Group 1 winner

no worries Jim its all interesting to read everyones opinions i dont mind being hijacked :lol:

P.S have not trialed him as a 9 year old going by these results i dont need to
trial 9 year olds anymore god it took ages breeding Grand National Horses
not anymore.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next