View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 120  Next
 Weekly Reaction 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Weekly Reaction
first thing Congratulations to Carl Arrogante on your maiden Group One win
brilliant week for me with 7 winners my record i think and some great places
Lee Marvin what a star im wondering :D unlucky fall for jim over hurdles
Lee Meg wins back to back wins twice this season
Polar Lee won very nicely as stable predicted now goes in G2 this week
thanx Doug for naming Rum And Silver Arghhhh after well after my captain morgans :D btw got home from work 11pm and watched races and guess what as i watched that race i had a rum and coke in my hands :P
congrats to all taking part in this brilliant league
great comms as always but do miss the shows you guys did last season :(

Last edited by delmonty1964 on Fri May 03, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 03, 2019 2:11 pm
Group 1 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
first thing Congratulations to Carl Arrogante on your maiden Group One win
brilliant week for me with 7 winners my record i think and some great places
Lee Marvin what a star im wondering :D unlucky fall for jim over hurdles
Lee Meg wins back to back wins twice this season
Polar Lee won very nicely as stable predicted now goes in G2 this week
thanx Doug for naming Rum And Silver Arghhhh after well after my captain morgans :D btw go home from work 11pm and watched races and guess what as i watched that race i had a rum and coke in my hands :P
congrats to all taking part in this brilliant league
great comms as always but do miss the shows you guys did last season :(

Arghhhh Captain Morgan, arghhhh.

Fri May 03, 2019 3:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations to Carl Arrogante on your maiden Group One win

Quote:
Top effort and the Aussie G1hcp did what I have always hoped it would do and help a mid tier trainer get a leg up.

Quote:
Well done Daniel, we started together a few seasons ago and have had a good friendly rivalry as its good to gauge yourself against someone of the same experience. You beat me to a flat G1 … well done mate

Thank you very much, guys. This is what the league is about, everybody is really heartfelt and want the best for each other and is appreacitive when someone enjoys success. You are a great community.

And thanks, Martin, I feel the same about you. We got a conection when we started together and it is really a friendly rivalry. (Even though you are beating me thouroughly every season :lol: )

For me it is a great achievement winning a G1. And I dont care if it is a handicap. Now I have a G1 in both codes and a target is reached. It was great watcing the race, I am really buzzing. And thanks to Doug who is always appreciative in his commentary and always takes a moment to give an insight about the win.

Onwards an upwards the league! :D

Well done to everyone taking part, and thanks to the team for your efforts.

Daniel

My pleasure, Daniel. Your stable has really kicked on this season and in Australia that sprint race is one of the big sprint races in the country.

Fri May 03, 2019 3:06 pm
Group 1 winner

5 winners today 2 of my awful 2 year olds won Group races &
3 over the sticks

Protocal
Off the mark at the 8th attempt and breaks his maiden tag in the G2
vintage Stakes and as far as I'm concerned its more than job done
thought he'd struggle to win a handicap.

Diamond
Another who is off the mark at the 8th attempt and breaks his maiden tag
in the Molcombe Stakes G3. 19 of my 26 flat horses have now won races
which is way beyond any expectations.

Kay Burley
Her 3rd win of the season the 2nd at listed level and that
seems to be her level hopefully nab a graded win somewhere
with her before the end.

Neymar De Silva
Did well to make all carrying close to 12 stone but put in a splendid
round of jumping and managed to break away was his 2nd win of the
season be tough to win another.

Soldiers Call
3 Wins in his last 4 starts and looks a real contender for the RSA but
has been found out before in grade one company.

Thoughts with John Morgan

Huge thanks to the team appreciate the hard work and effort you all put in
Many Thanks to the commentators
well done to the winners and placers

Wed May 08, 2019 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

/rant on
I hate Goodwood!!
I hate its tight turns and i hate its Type B turf.

/rant off

and yes i feel better now.. :lol:

One winner today and i dont expect anymore on this goat track.

Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 am
Group 1 winner

You mean glorious Goodwood? though in your defence it could be glorious for goats :)

More time this week so a full summary, good start to the week with four winners, three of which at G1, cannot really complain about that.

Flat

Holding Folding - 2nd ran well and progressed nicely in the closing stages, just left himself a little too much to do.

Luck and Flaw - 3rd Paul's horse Diamond was just too fast, not a bad showing bout what I would have expected.

The Sad Clown - 2nd ran a good race off top weight, cannot really fault her, just got ran down by Del's horse in the closing stages, last time I give you breeding tips mate :)

Salems Lot - 1st backed up her Oaks winning form with a nice run in this Listed race, survived the bend and turned on the jets at 3f, never let them catch her.

Rocket Man - 1st Finally, after running close a number of times he gets one right and claims his first G1, delivered an impressive front running performance, staying the distance, never let them get close and responded well when challenged.

The Gunslinger 4th - Really needs 1m but has not really shown me much since his pre season exhibition win, needs to improve.

Jump

Time for a Show - 3rd Top weight was always going to make this tough, wide start also did not help him, but sad to see him give up the lead to Del's fast finisher, grats :). Should have binned him in week 5 and have messed up my Cheltenham entries as a result, has always trialed as my best 2m hurdler, just not a league horse sadly.

The Fourth Phase - 1st ran a faultless race in this small field to claim her first G1 for the season, the jockey did his level best to throw it away on the line mind when he stopped riding, timed her break perfectly at the 3f mark and just caught them for pace.

The Dark Lord - 5th Another who had top weight to contend with, ran bravely under the circumstances and cannot really fault the effort.

Fruits Of Your Labours - 3rd her poor form continues, ran an odd race did not really seem to settle with her normal position, when she did it was too late and there was way to much to do though ran on well.

The Power of Dread - 2nd ran his normal race, lazy and disinterested for the majority before a late challenge. Too much respect given to good horses, his style likely makes him a disappointment in the league.

Extreme Consequence 1st breed from multi G1 and Ryan Air winner 'Law of Consequence' from a few seasons back, mixed with the more recent 'Extreme' line for the mid season window, stormed my trials and usually with the front running form she delivered today. Very impressive, responded when challenged too.

Battle of Trafalgar - 2nd really needs a little further than 3m, but has done well at this distance in the league so far, found the in form Soldiers Call too good today, nothing much to fault.

Warlock - 9th Top weight ouch again coupled with a wide run in a big field, but the performance was still a lot worse than I expected, only real black mark on the day.

Maximum Impact 5th - Top weight again and kind of messed up the handicap for everyone else. Ran well regardless needs a even weight race really and will still defend her gold cup crown.
Pray Another Day 3rd - Always a little on the short side so pleased with his overall performance today, under a fair chunk if weight too.

Josh

Wed May 08, 2019 2:54 pm
Group 1 winner

4 Winners today 2 in each code

Stonehenge
Stonehenge adds the King George to his Epsom Derby &
Belmont stakes victories and continues his record of never
finishing out of the top 2 and that was by far his most impressive
performance so far no doubt my stable star

Swiss Army Knife
hallelujah off the mark at the 8th attempt she has been bitterly
disappointing but at least a race winner now.

Hey Jude
Makes it 2 wins on the bounce she is a solid yardstick but not
quite a grade one animal.

Geezerbird
Her 3rd win of the season and is hard to beat against her own
gender but has been found out before at the top level but she
has to go for the Stayers Hurdle.

Well Josh our Cup match was looking interesting yesterday until you banged
in 8 winners in one day :lol: Fair play to you mate I'm now 5 down going
into the last day hoping for a liverpool/Spurs comeback :lol: :lol: .

Thu May 09, 2019 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

8 winners in a day, 33% of all the races run, tragically I think I have become what I once accused you of being Paul, bad for the league. I remember specifically how much it ticked me off to watch the same trainer win everything week in week out........................No Jim this week, no Leon for some time, lots of small fields in group races etc, not that we need to save the league on SO6 as that goose is cooked from what people have said, but I do think it might be time to do a John and stop entering everything, stop trying to win everything, though really stop pushing to win the DCC and various titles in competition with you. Or we could both just take a week off.......................

Thu May 09, 2019 4:41 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
8 winners in a day, 33% of all the races run, tragically I think I have become what I once accused you of being Paul, bad for the league. I remember specifically how much it ticked me off to watch the same trainer win everything week in week out........................No Jim this week, no Leon for some time, lots of small fields in group races etc, not that we need to save the league on SO6 as that goose is cooked from what people have said, but I do think it might be time to do a John and stop entering everything, stop trying to win everything, though really stop pushing to win the DCC and various titles in competition with you. Or we could both just take a week off.......................

With all due respect, you are only 3 wins ahead of Paul in the NH and sitting in 4th place in the Flats.
I wouldnt call that dominating to the point of being bad for the league.
For me i relish the competition and the challenge of knocking off the top dog.
Somebody has to set the bar, if not you then who?

Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 am
Group 1 winner

4 winners 1 on the flat 3 over the sticks

Chinatown
The only substitute i bought in during the window for both codes gets
off the mark in listed company now leaving me with only 5 of 26 flat
horses yet to win a race.

Tower Heist
3rd G1 of the season adds the Irish Champion Hurdle to his fighting fith
& Christmas hurdle wins & is well on course for the Champion Hurdle

Part Of The Plan
2nd win of the season and now a Grade 2 winner and is on course for
the Ryanair Chase at the festival

Oh Ruby
Continues his strong juvenile form with his 5th win of the season &
the triumph hurdle at the festival remains his major target.

Josh as for your recommendation that would completely ruin the cup
& DCC leagues etc I know if i was a mid tier trainer (& I was one not so long
ago) id take no enjoyment out of winning because the top 2 trainers decided
not to bother turning up for a week in fact i'd be a little insulted by it.
Anyway nothing about that suggestion feels right mate sorry

Fri May 10, 2019 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Quote:
With all due respect, you are only 3 wins ahead of Paul in the NH and sitting in 4th place in the Flats.
I wouldnt call that dominating to the point of being bad for the league.
For me i relish the competition and the challenge of knocking off the top dog.
Somebody has to set the bar, if not you then who?

I tend to lump Paul and John into the mix with me, i just don’t like to speak for them. I could add you also but you only compete in one side and you have only been at it for a season or two.

Mostly if this is the last league on SO6, i’d like to see others who have made massive contributions over the years to have a realistic crack at the top races, or simply just win more races period. Of my two NH wins today one really examples my point. ‘World of Warlocks’ a top draw G1 class 160 odd rated 3m hurdler who at some point I got a chase mark for just so I could go plunder a 0-120 handicap, this weeks pertemps qualifier, that I have no interest in qualifying for, simply as it is another win in the win column for the competition.

I respect Paul’s position but for my part I am going to take a step back from races I have no business being in.

Fri May 10, 2019 8:01 am
Group 1 winner

I would also like to raise the qualities of some of the tracks used in the race kit which I hope I/we don't see in the SO7 League.
Why is it on most tracks when the field goes around a bend that the wider horses tend to shuffle back or lose a little ground (which seems realistic enough for me) and on some courses that are used it makes no difference if you are 10 wide or stuck to the fence like a greyhound? The last four or so races today on the hunt are perfect examples of this. The track was barely a mile in circumference but it ran like a straight track - horses sat really wide - didn't lose any ground being out wide around the bends and not one horse who had the chance, crossed to the rails. This is totally unrealistic and inconsistent with most courses used.

JOSH - you have made no secret that you wanted to be the top trainer and I guess you have achieved that goal. If it wasn't you it would be someone else. You weren't the only top trainer this week to get a horse in under the radar for an easy win and you wont be the last.

Fri May 10, 2019 8:46 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I tend to lump Paul and John into the mix with me, i just don’t like to speak for them. I could add you also but you only compete in one side and you have only been at it for a season or two.

Mostly if this is the last league on SO6, i’d like to see others who have made massive contributions over the years to have a realistic crack at the top races, or simply just win more races period. Of my two NH wins today one really examples my point. ‘World of Warlocks’ a top draw G1 class 160 odd rated 3m hurdler who at some point I got a chase mark for just so I could go plunder a 0-120 handicap, this weeks pertemps qualifier, that I have no interest in qualifying for, simply as it is another win in the win column for the competition.

I respect Paul’s position but for my part I am going to take a step back from races I have no business being in.

I do get where you're coming from.
I think the League does its best to emulate the "real world" of racing, a simulation if you like.
The outcome of that is, just as in the actual world of racing, there is a handful of top level trainers that dominate.
There are possible solutions to this but i am not sure if the purists would like it.

I only know Flat events but some tweaking via more rating limits and extending handicaps into Grp2's and Grp3's might be worth considering.
Running a 115 rated horse that has multiple Grp1 2nd places in a maiden for example seems cruel. Yes i have done it because i could. :oops:

I hope that the opportunity is taken to have a fresh look at the structure of events for the new SO7 season.
Having started to play SO7 now i think the gap will only widen between the top trainers and the rest if nothing changes.

I also think if the League is to attract and keep new trainers from what is now a challenging single player game, things like allowing new players to join at any point in the season and allowing more frequent uploads of new horses is worth thinking about.

Fri May 10, 2019 9:03 am
Group 1 winner

Well I got 3 winners in total out of the 57 entered, not sure what that is in a percentage but not 33% lol

Josh,
I would like to say, "you should feel guilty of robbing a lower trainer of a win in a race that you have just said you have no intentions of being a part of" :lol: but all the top tier to a point are guilty of it (same on the flat) as Doug pointed out, but we are all in the league and there is not always the perfect race for each of our individual stables horses and we want to see them run, so of course there is plenty of 140+ horses running in the opposite codes and lets be honest most of the top tier trainers chaser/hurdler can beat a mid/low tier top hurdler/chaser week in week out...& lets be honest neither handicapper is a pro and has to do alot of work with marks each week so there is plenty that are wrong & this is not surprising.

I Do not think there is any answer to it & taking a week out unless through circumstances beyond your control would be wrong. (How can I sigh every com if your not there ;))

Doug,
The hunter chase tracks are our illustrious leaders doing, but I agree something not quite right with Ampton & a fellow commentators horse winning after running 12 wide on the home bend and actually making up ground was funny to see, I will say tho obviously the handicapper on the hunt has been more generous this year as the hunter chasers have gone from 4-5 horses per race, up to 10 + runners and trainers of a much higher standard are in them.

I am sure something I have written will be misconstrued but I cannot help that :lol: :lol: :lol:

5 weeks to go, I will continue to enjoy those as I will not be part of any future leagues so no point in fussing a fighting my friends...(Lennon/McCartney)

Fri May 10, 2019 9:16 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
extending handicaps into Grp2's and Grp3's might be worth considering

Agreed. Plenty of Aussie G2 and G3 Hcps we could use but it would mean dropping English G2 and G3 races so they fit.

Quote:
things like allowing new players to join at any point in the season and allowing more frequent uploads of new horses is worth thinking about.

I think this should be looked at for SO7.

Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 1794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 120  Next