View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
 Monsters!!!! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Monsters!!!!
20 odd stallions plus game horses it is only about 8 sets of clicks, the hard part is looking at each mare to see what she has already bred with so I don’t end up with the same parents over and over and of course then training as racing some 400 horses. I don’t mind on the NH so much on the flat it is a chore.

And I always cull after trials only keeping those who trial well themselves or produce something that does but both those I bred and retire to stud and those I buy get three foals before I decide.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:05 pm
Group 2 winner

I've just started avoiding all group1's in my game now. I try to keep all my horses to Handicaps and listed now. I've found each time I get a colt who has taken my trials on by over 2l, it has come from a complete new bloodline, either game stud or one of mine that is completely unrelated. This Colt then breeds a load of filly's around the same level, which bolsters the numbers of good horses in the barn, but he generally doesn't produce a colt that beats him, to get that you have to use the filly's he produced, with a super colt from the barn. Avoiding GP1's an 2's should make these easier to find in the game

I went through a 7 season cycle in my sprint game doing this and my sprinters in the league (one a group1 winner), no longer even get into my trials. Not sure if I've just got lucky with the game colt used from the barn, but even if one of those only comes along every 10 seasons it should be easily enough.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:44 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I've just started avoiding all group1's in my game now. I try to keep all my horses to Handicaps and listed now. I've found each time I get a colt who has taken my trials on by over 2l, it has come from a complete new bloodline, either game stud or one of mine that is completely unrelated. This Colt then breeds a load of filly's around the same level, which bolsters the numbers of good horses in the barn, but he generally doesn't produce a colt that beats him, to get that you have to use the filly's he produced, with a super colt from the barn. Avoiding GP1's an 2's should make these easier to find in the game

I went through a 7 season cycle in my sprint game doing this and my sprinters in the league (one a group1 winner), no longer even get into my trials. Not sure if I've just got lucky with the game colt used from the barn, but even if one of those only comes along every 10 seasons it should be easily enough.

I think the combined game is well suited to finding good game horses. Not much of mine run on the flat from 4 onwards and as a result I often have decent game stallions in the barn. At present I have 2 5yo's, 6 4yo's and a few older horses I have returned to the flat. As a result a good game horse can come to the fore. There is one at the moment. A real monster, but she is a mare so not any good :( as will probably never be able to breed with her

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 am
Group 1 winner

My flat game still sucks, the top twenty horses in game are my gelded cast offs, I am breeding all over the map and cannot find that break through, though my last trial has seen me replace a lot of my current flat team who would not make the grade now maybe at least 15 of the team would now not get entered. Oddly from a visual perspective they are getting worse looking so I must be improving the core stats not the potential i figure I am still one horse away from breaking out, but still think a new game maybe the answer.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
My flat game still sucks, the top twenty horses in game are my gelded cast offs, I am breeding all over the map and cannot find that break through, though my last trial has seen me replace a lot of my current flat team who would not make the grade now maybe at least 15 of the team would now not get entered. Oddly from a visual perspective they are getting worse looking so I must be improving the core stats not the potential i figure I am still one horse away from breaking out, but still think a new game maybe the answer.

Don't sell your gelding cast offs, just retire them from game. They no good to you anyway. In theory extra horses will be bred to replace them, and a better game horse may emerge. I find they tend to come when you weak in a distance and then a great game horse will come to the fore. One has appeared in my game, but unfortunatedly it's a mare. And that is just no good to me :(

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:13 pm
Group 1 winner

A gamebred turned up in my game who won the Grand National at 7 8 & 9 his owner/trainer did not even enter
him at 10 or 11 and at 12 he went to stud and produced a total CK freak not only at 7 is he 7 length clearly my
best Gold Cup horse but at 10 he won every national trial and has never fallen in any trial which includes 3 m
hurdles gold cup 3m5 chase cross country and Grand National he was my number one in all of those trails and
dominated all of them he will for sure be one of my subs but at what age and what distance well thats the big question :lol: :lol:

Anyway here is the beast that is CLAUDE MONET

Fri May 01, 2020 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Bring it in as a 2yo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That would be a great age to start it off in the league :D :D

Fri May 01, 2020 7:26 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Bring it in as a 2yo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That would be a great age to start it off in the league :D :D

He'd give my juveniles a run for their money and I mean the flat ones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 01, 2020 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I've finished my bit of flat breeding for week 5 and 4 new horses are joining my team :D :D

One on One 5 furlong 2yo filly . She is by far the most impressive sprint 2yo I've breed and I finally beat my old league horse Sunday Sport Star. :D :D

Collatrel Portrait 5 furlong 2yo colt. He's now my best colt over that distance and he's ready to be breed to if he performs in the league.

Chance Heating 6-7 furlong 3yo filly. She won my 6 furlong trials but is a bit up and down so we'll see how she gets on.

Braashee 1m6 3yo colt. A top class in game horse by Colzean Bazaar but I've not got any horses over that distance to run him against so don't know how he'll get on in the league. :D :D

Just tidied my barn up now and have 140 horses left in my CK for next season , no more flat breeding for 3 months :D :D Always good to have a rest, on to playing my jumps game :D :D :D :D

Fri May 01, 2020 8:57 pm
Group 1 winner

I am planning a long break after the next uploads. A lot of my NH will be coming back as they seem to better at the next age. On the flat Dragon Keeper is definitely coming back as a 8yo as he is a monster gold cup horse at 8, at 7 he is better at 2 miles. Big Gamble and Endless Nights could come back as well. I have noticed that horses from really early on in my game are still trialing well so bringing back horses is definitely going to happen, especially in my NH team. GI Joe, Understory Rebel and Await your Reply are all certainties to return and there are others.

Anyway here is a new monster. A brilliant fast jumper. Might make space for her at next upload. Wins some of my trials by a long way.

Sat May 02, 2020 7:30 am
Group 2 winner

I plan on concentrating on my NH game after these uploads. I only have 5 spaces to upload for the flat, however, in my trials I have improved my sprinters 4 lengths, and my mile fillies 4-5 lengths too. So the 5 uploaded should be competitive. My 6f horses especially should improve, with Wuwei Damsel, already a group 1 winner in the league, doesn't even get closer to top 10 anymore. No longer makes my trials

I seem to have added a lot more speed to the lines

Sat May 02, 2020 10:49 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I plan on concentrating on my NH game after these uploads. I only have 5 spaces to upload for the flat, however, in my trials I have improved my sprinters 4 lengths, and my mile fillies 4-5 lengths too. So the 5 uploaded should be competitive. My 6f horses especially should improve, with Wuwei Damsel, already a group 1 winner in the league, doesn't even get closer to top 10 anymore. No longer makes my trials

I seem to have added a lot more speed to the lines

Always good to get more trainers in NH. Hopefully you can add some competition. I have noticed you have mainly got hold up horses, how is the pace in your race trials. I have noticed if I don't have any race handy horses then I started getting weird results ( as in a different horse wins everytime ) I don't use pacemakers as then you get hold up horses winning who need pace and that's no good for the league

Sat May 02, 2020 12:07 pm
Group 2 winner

I was hoping to get all horses running on the pace this season. But I have to admit, the trials pace is the part I really struggle with.

I've been leaving any horses from my trials that front run, but only get to the 1f pole before collapsing in the trials, to keep the times good. But the times just seem so up and down, which obviously suits different horses each time. I think I've messed up my horses from 6f up because of racing my 5f horses in the 6f sprints. I made the decision to leave them all together at the start to save a bit of time. But obviously now with my 6f trials, the 5f horses probably go out too quick for the 6f horses to keep up with, so everything tends to be hold up now. The ones I've just added in have bolstered them significantly in the last few weeks though so I'm optimistic that they will be good enough now.

I think because I like to get my sprinters speed lines into the other distances too has had a knock on effect. I do have a few runners who like to front run, but everything else hold up, doesn't seem to be any in between

Sat May 02, 2020 12:43 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I was hoping to get all horses running on the pace this season. But I have to admit, the trials pace is the part I really struggle with.

I've been leaving any horses from my trials that front run, but only get to the 1f pole before collapsing in the trials, to keep the times good. But the times just seem so up and down, which obviously suits different horses each time. I think I've messed up my horses from 6f up because of racing my 5f horses in the 6f sprints. I made the decision to leave them all together at the start to save a bit of time. But obviously now with my 6f trials, the 5f horses probably go out too quick for the 6f horses to keep up with, so everything tends to be hold up now. The ones I've just added in have bolstered them significantly in the last few weeks though so I'm optimistic that they will be good enough now.

I think because I like to get my sprinters speed lines into the other distances too has had a knock on effect. I do have a few runners who like to front run, but everything else hold up, doesn't seem to be any in between

I like that u cant make horses run the way u want them. In real life I love my front runners and I wanted all front runners in SO6 and it took a massive amount of time to get all front runners but u could do it using the ttfs but u best horse is u best horse in here and if he's a hold up horse then u cant change it and he'll breed mostly hold up horses :D :D :D Just started playing my jumps game ( my fav game in every starters orders game) and im trying to find game stallions that will breed more 2m and 2m4 horses. I'd say 95% of horses I've breed so far are 3m plus horses. Will I get lucky and find that good game stallion. :D :D :D

Sat May 02, 2020 1:37 pm
Group 1 winner

I mainly have hold up horses, just the way things have gone in my game. I do like hold up horses as well although you need some luck ( less so in NH). Although I have some good front runners, and have kept those lines going so that all my trials have decent pace.

Those good game stallions keep coming. No matter how old your game.

Sat May 02, 2020 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next