View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Monsters!!!! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Monsters!!!!
leonvr wrote:
I mainly have hold up horses, just the way things have gone in my game. I do like hold up horses as well although you need some luck ( less so in NH). Although I have some good front runners, and have kept those lines going so that all my trials have decent pace.

Those good game stallions keep coming. No matter how old your game.

I've never had/found any good real jump game stallions. My game goes Grandeur ( my first ever good game race horse) after about 3 or 4 seasons then eventually Cross Master came along and he is the daddy of my jumps game sires. :D :D

He's breed in the league. .

The Fellow the winner of the trial national
Another Schedule G1 winner
William Crump not had much chance to show his best
Furzen Hill great but not shown it yet.
Baila West a top 3m4 horse.

He breed great horses from 3m to 4m4
I think im going to put him in my transfer window because he deserves to run in the league :D :D

Sat May 02, 2020 2:19 pm
Group 1 winner

This is mine. I bought one of his horses Susprendre Histoire from a 3yo auction who he sired when old. I then realised how brilliant Susprendre Histoire was and that he was a good sire and at age 18 I threw everything at him and he produced 3 amazing jumps horses a 2m, 2m5 and a 3m mile chaser to add to my amazing flat horse Susprendre Histoire, which after about 11 seasons set my game up nicely. Sheer luck

And all he had done in the game was win the Eclipse

So for anyone starting out it is important to look at what the sires are producing and not just what they have won.

Sat May 02, 2020 2:44 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
This is mine. I bought one of his horses Susprendre Histoire from a 3yo auction who he sired when old. I then realised how brilliant Susprendre Histoire was and that he was a good sire and at age 18 I threw everything at him and he produced 3 amazing jumps horses a 2m, 2m5 and a 3m mile chaser to add to my amazing flat horse Susprendre Histoire, which after about 11 seasons set my game up nicely. Sheer luck

And all he had done in the game was win the Eclipse

That's something else we do different , I never breed to them after 12 years of age over jumps and even less on the flat. :D :D

Now just started my jumps game today after not playing it since early march but I've noticed this!!!!

Has the rating gone up to 190 now over jumps, is this new . :D :D

Sat May 02, 2020 2:52 pm
Group 1 winner

You missing out if you don't breed with them when they old. GI Joe and Unendliche Geschichte both came from stallions past 18. In fact I don't give my stallions many mares until I know they can produce good stuff. If they performing in the breeding barn I then up the mares. Why don't you want to breed with old horses? Traits get passed on the same, if not better as you know what they going to pass down from what they have done before.

Hood Sickle came from a stallions last crop age 20. He seems to be running fine in league. Dancing Goddess is from Unendliche Geschichte age 20, Rough Weather is from when she was 21. These are all good league horses with nice stats so not sure why you wouldn't breed with the old horses

Sat May 02, 2020 2:59 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
You missing out if you don't breed with them when they old. GI Joe and Unendliche Geschichte both came from stallions past 18. In fact I don't give my stallions many mares until I know they can produce good stuff. If they performing in the breeding barn I then up the mares. Why don't you want to breed with old horses? Traits get passed on the same, if not better as you know what they going to pass down from what they have done before.

Hood Sickle came from a stallions last crop age 20. He seems to be running fine in league. Dancing Goddess is from Unendliche Geschichte age 20, Rough Weather is from when she was 21. These are all good league horses with nice stats so not sure why you wouldn't breed with the old horses

I've always breed that way going back to the start ( many bloody years ago) :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I put my horses in my CK I know exactly what they are and what distances they want and I'd worry about them changing with age , I don't breed as many horses as everyone else and time is short these days so I have to run a tight ship . I think I know what I have with 60 odd mares in my barn compared to peoples hundreds .

Leon how many mares would u best stallions like GI Joe cover in a lifetime!!! My best would be breed around 8-9 10 and probably cover 60 mares in that time . Perhaps if I thought they were going to be good at 7 they would get a few and a few at 11.

Sat May 02, 2020 3:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Depends on how they do at stud. If I see they doing well they get more mares. Gi Joe did about 50-60. I have 125 mares at start of season, I cull the excess to get to that figure. I retire mares in August after trials ( those that do well ) so another 10-15 get added then. Plus I go to every auction and pick up maybe 2 or 3 mares through the season.

I have around 90 stallions. All are at a £20000 fee. Having ai breed with horses enables you to test your stallions breeding ability better. Some I have stopped breeding with, but happy for ai to breed with them and I monitor them in case horses start doing well sometimes that can be at age 7 for NH and flat in my case. I retire stallions who clearly aren't good at stud. Some are starting out so only get a few. The only stallions that get a lot of mares when they start out are CK monsters like GI Joe ( he died young though at about 17 ) Multiple G1 winners in a game but not good in CK get maybe 2 mares a season until I can assert they can breed decent stuff. If they can't they get retired. If they can they get more mares. With the large amount of stallions I always have fresh lines and various different options. Poor jumpers, small builds and firm ground horses have to be exceptional to go to stud. I don't want to pollute my lines.

I check the breeding every year. I look at what the sires have produced in game and more importantly in CK, this determines how many mares they get. I breed with lines that go together ( hurdlers with hurdlers, chasers with chasers etc ) or to try breed things out of my lines or breed a line into something new etc. A lot of pen and paper work. Breeding takes me a long time to decide but its the most important part of the game

Sat May 02, 2020 5:36 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Depends on how they do at stud. If I see they doing well they get more mares. Gi Joe did about 50-60. I have 125 mares at start of season, I cull the excess to get to that figure. I retire mares in August after trials ( those that do well ) so another 10-15 get added then. Plus I go to every auction and pick up maybe 2 or 3 mares through the season.

I have around 90 stallions. All are at a £20000 fee. Having ai breed with horses enables you to test your stallions breeding ability better. Some I have stopped breeding with, but happy for ai to breed with them and I monitor them in case horses start doing well sometimes that can be at age 7 for NH and flat in my case. I retire stallions who clearly aren't good at stud. Some are starting out so only get a few. The only stallions that get a lot of mares when they start out are CK monsters like GI Joe ( he died young though at about 17 ) Multiple G1 winners in a game but not good in CK get maybe 2 mares a season until I can assert they can breed decent stuff. If they can't they get retired. If they can they get more mares. With the large amount of stallions I always have fresh lines and various different options. Poor jumpers, small builds and firm ground horses have to be exceptional to go to stud. I don't want to pollute my lines.

I check the breeding every year. I look at what the sires have produced in game and more importantly in CK, this determines how many mares they get. I breed with lines that go together ( hurdlers with hurdlers, chasers with chasers etc ) or to try breed things out of my lines or breed a line into something new etc. A lot of pen and paper work. Breeding takes me a long time to decide but its the most important part of the game

U would 100% hate my jumps team :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think 45% of my team are small build horses :shock: :shock: and they are awful jumpers in game and the league :lol: :lol: :lol: I just looked at my small build chasers in league and they have ran 12 times over fences and fallen 5 times :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry:

Some of my best horses Coney Glenn and my top 2 four mile 4 furlong horses ( Claresown- Furzen hill) are small build horses . Leon if u have any small build mares i'll have them they are welcome in my breeding barn :lol: :lol:

My Earls Brig won well first time out in the league( hit every fence) but my god he is a awful jumper in game , he ran over fences 18 times and he fell 8 times .He's my best 4 mile horse and is top class over 4 and when he finshes but he ran im my 4m4 furlong races and he fell 5 out of 6 times :roll: :lol: I think I've always had poor jumpers going back to my very best jumps horse Greenbank Park all those years ago.

It goes to show we are almost at the polar opposites of breeding , as I've said before find a system that works for u and u cant go wrong.

A question for everyone , is there such thing as a big build horse :shock: :shock:

Sat May 02, 2020 6:12 pm
Group 2 winner

I can't wait to get into my jumps game> the last 2 seasons I've played I started way too late so couldn't start jumps having never tried it before. So I just concentrated on the flat. Every horse |I have in this years jump is a game horse, using the season to test my trialled game horses to see where to start my breeding. Not bad as I somehow had a winner an a few seconds.

leonvr wrote:
I mainly have hold up horses, just the way things have gone in my game. I do like hold up horses as well although you need some luck ( less so in NH). Although I have some good front runners, and have kept those lines going so that all my trials have decent pace.

Those good game stallions keep coming. No matter how old your game.

The good game stallions are the massive big change for me in SO7, every big leap forward in any of my trials has come from a game stallion I couldn't buy. If you send the right fillies to him, he gives you a colt a good length or 2 on everything else in your trials. That colt then seems to give you loads of females at the level an maybe a few colts nearly as good that really bolster your numbers, but it never seems to give you that superstar colt you need. This pattern seems to constantly repeat in my game now, but I only found it out recently with my sprint game. I have a list of about 4 colts in my lines that were all game colts I never owned, an every one of them took my lines on exactly like I describe there. The latest lot was seemingly insane improvement. Hopefully it shows in my week 5 uploads

With regards to using old stallions to breed. I found in SO6 although i had limited time using it, that as they got over 10, spring horses would always start producing 7f horses that were in between, then 1m horses would create 1m1 horses etc. so basically the stamina bar always went up the older the horse got,and this transferred to the offspring an it weakened the line. In this I've found that the stamina bar still seems to go up with age, but they still seem to produce good offspring that relate to their original distance regardless. I never get rid of old horses anymore unless I find a new line. I never used to go beyond 9 for breeding before

Sat May 02, 2020 7:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I am not anti small build though I cannot say how many I have without looking, but I do bin any firm ground horses unless they have something I really like the look of and since I only trial on soft I am still usually disappointed.

Large build is however something I look for especially in my long distance chasers, there is a party politics out there somewhere, though again I do not think I have many success stories. Will have to check next week, when I am hoping for a slow week of work :)

And I echo what Leon says, age makes no difference at all, I used to recycle at similar ages to you John in SO6 but only as I was replacing my top horses frequently, here if they still top the trial sheets they breed until they drop. Nick Somerville as an exception as started everything for me is still breeding at least 5 or 6 a year and he is now 19, usually into low potential game mares, and he is still delivering quality. I only swap them out if I have a new clear cut star and even then I tend to keep a few of each distance and discipline in stud.

And you’d love my jumps horses John I have stacks of front runners, both stallions and mares, over fences 2m and 2.4m and 3m hurdle, have yet to make it stick in my 2-2.4m hurdlers and 3m chasers (a few almost there), but I am working on it.

Sat May 02, 2020 9:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Seems I am anti small though this is not by design rather by trial. There are no small build horses in my barn or stud, there are two small build horses in my current horses in training both from an average looking gamebred the foals look ok but not special. No large either right now average rules the roost.

Sun May 03, 2020 8:05 am
Group 1 winner

Jumps subs done THANK GOD :lol: :lol: back to the flat where my horses run to the end of their 3YO
careers running these 7,8,9 & 10YO's was a nightmare for me :lol: :lol: but at least the foundations
are now down to at least have a half decent jumps team in the next few seasons but very glad for now
to leave the jumps game behind also the staying trails take flippin ages ah to get back to 5 furlong sprints :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 03, 2020 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Seems I am anti small though this is not by design rather by trial. There are no small build horses in my barn or stud, there are two small build horses in my current horses in training both from an average looking gamebred the foals look ok but not special. No large either right now average rules the roost.

Anti small :lol: :lol:

Well if Rummy and Tiger were good enough then small horses are good enough for me :lol: :lol:

Sun May 03, 2020 9:44 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I am not anti small build though I cannot say how many I have without looking, but I do bin any firm ground horses unless they have something I really like the look of and since I only trial on soft I am still usually disappointed.

Large build is however something I look for especially in my long distance chasers, there is a party politics out there somewhere, though again I do not think I have many success stories. Will have to check next week, when I am hoping for a slow week of work :)

And I echo what Leon says, age makes no difference at all, I used to recycle at similar ages to you John in SO6 but only as I was replacing my top horses frequently, here if they still top the trial sheets they breed until they drop. Nick Somerville as an exception as started everything for me is still breeding at least 5 or 6 a year and he is now 19, usually into low potential game mares, and he is still delivering quality. I only swap them out if I have a new clear cut star and even then I tend to keep a few of each distance and discipline in stud.

And you’d love my jumps horses John I have stacks of front runners, both stallions and mares, over fences 2m and 2.4m and 3m hurdle, have yet to make it stick in my 2-2.4m hurdlers and 3m chasers (a few almost there), but I am working on it.

My lorry Is on the way to pick them up :lol: :lol: I've yet to breed any 2m hurdlers and only a handful of 2m4 hurdlers and a few 2m+2m4 chasers . There is this irish 2m chaser I've been following the last couple of years that will hopefully get into the breeding barn that I can throw a good few at him. :D :D

Now I can see why u and Leon would have so big barns with u carrying on breeding until 18 plus. Leon said he has over 80 stallions :shock: :shock: When I get around 6 I think I've got to many :lol: :lol:
I suppose u have to have a massive barn to be breeding at all distances and that's why u two are top , think big :D :D I'm happy to have a small barn and have a small team ,i'll stick to being a small trainer :D :D

Sun May 03, 2020 9:55 am
Group 1 winner

I've been following this irish horse for over 2 seasons and im glad he finally made it into the breeding barn :D :D This is one of the big things that works unlike all the other starter games. Lets hope I can get some nice 2m+ chasers of him. The kitchen sink is coming his way :lol: :lol:

Sun May 03, 2020 2:27 pm
Group 1 winner

I hardly ever get foreign horses in my breeding barn, it says international sires but they almost never are.

Sun May 03, 2020 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next