View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next
 Monsters!!!! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Monsters!!!!
Nice find, not had much luck with my 4m chasers. Have a couple for the team but with no real expectations, I may yet be able to squeeze one more mass NH trial in before the off. Finishing up my flat trials today and tomorrow, they still don’t look good:(.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:29 pm
Group 3 winner

Got to admit haven't done much breeding or running any trials yet, im now finished so i'll have time on my hands, there's only so much gardening can be done. :lol:

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Did mine last weekend, the wife is now making plans for me to paint the house....... :(

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Thought i'd update with a few ultra talented horses for my NH league game. My breeding as starting to take shape over the past 10 seasons. I'm hopeful to get another 10+ seasons in and have a real team to go to war with. My mares are unreal right now it's finding the right stallions to improve my lines even further. Feel in a much better place having time to concentrate on my game. Not had much time over the past few months.

Seriously talented speedy 2m Hurdler.

Still a baby even at 7yo and room for improvement and will hopefully get 100% peak. He's been winning the Cheltenham Gold Cup with ease.

This mare can burn the candle at both ends. Stats wise not very impressive but on the racecourse she's a monster at both disciplines.

Awesome tough stayer winning the Grand National easily off top weight 166 and 170 rating. The 2nd run even more impressive.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:03 am
Group 1 winner

Looks like you got some good horses there Craig, possibly could reclaim your S04 champion trainer status

Here is an example of a useless flat horse becoming a star hurdler ( 3 world hurdles and a total of 11 3mile grade 1 hurdle wins so far). How a horse with a flat sprinter sire and dam who was miler gets 3 miles is a bit puzzling. Only upped him in distance after getting repeated messages that he needed further.

Flat form, couldn't even win a 0-90 handicap.

From that to star hurdler ( take note of the stamina bar !!!! )

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi Leon. I'll be pleased to be competitive mate. Still A little behind you i think.

If i get enough game time in. Which in the current situation been self isolated i can improve my lines even more.

Hopefully from trails I've improved on all distances. The trailing though is so hit and miss.

Got a issue with Punchestown only going to 1m7f which isn't right.

That's crazy a 6f horse been a class 3m Hurdler. I've had similar findings in totally crap flat horses turn out to be world class NH horses.

What i'd like to know at Cheltenham is which is the old and new course? There is Hurdles 1 and Hurdles 2 same for Chases. Need to figure out which ones are for the championship races.

The start bar what does that represent in terms of hidden stats?

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:37 am
Group 2 winner

Hemz wrote:
Hi Leon. I'll be pleased to be competitive mate. Still A little behind you i think.

If i get enough game time in. Which in the current situation been self isolated i can improve my lines even more.

Hopefully from trails I've improved on all distances. The trailing though is so hit and miss.

That's crazy a 6f horse been a class 3m Hurdler. I've had similar findings in totally crap flat horses turn out to be world class NH horses.

What i'd like to know at Cheltenham is which is the old and new course? There is Hurdles 1 and Hurdles 2 same for Chases. Need to figure out which ones are for the championship races.

I did some analysis into the bars during SO6 which I confirmed using the legend editor. A full start bar means it prefers to front run. A low one means it prefers to be held up. In between is drop in and drop out. It doesn't represent how fast it gets away at the start as some people thought. Some of the bars have values between 0 and 1000 . Some only 0-2. It is worth looking at. Mind you as you can now only see the red bars it isn't as much use as it was when you could see green ones too :lol:

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thank you for the explanation below.

Lordedaw wrote:
Hemz wrote:

I did some analysis into the bars during SO6 which I confirmed using the legend editor. A full start bar means it prefers to front run. A low one means it prefers to be held up. In between is drop in and drop out. It doesn't represent how fast it gets away at the start as some people thought. Some of the bars have values between 0 and 1000 . Some only 0-2. It is worth looking at. Mind you as you can now only see the red bars it isn't as much use as it was when you could see green ones too :lol:

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Nice to see some decent jumps horses being prepared for the league.

My flat team are set and generally rubbish, have higher hopes for my NH string, just trying to get another hundred odd out for trial.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:48 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:

My flat team are set and generally rubbish, have higher hopes for my NH string, just trying to get another hundred odd out for trial.

As of 3 days ago i had 1100 horses for Flat and NH trails. I've whittled that down to 380 now. I've just been playing multiple seasons and leaving them to build up.

Will now keep tabs on exporting each season before the start of the league.

Trailing is still after all these series of the game so hit and miss. It's frustrating to say the least.

Wish Mark would add an icon box at the side of each horse, so you can choose multiple horses for a particular distance would save so much time and effort instead of individual exporting into the correct distance folders. It's so time consuming.

How difficult could this be? Can you please have a look into this Mark. Once the horse is ticked in the icon box you can drag the horses into the correct folders.

Last edited by Hemz on Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:49 am
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

As of 3 days ago i had 1100 horses for Flat and NH trails. I've whittled that down to 380 now. I just been playing multi seasons.

Will now keep tabs on exporting each season before the start of the league.

Trailing is still after all these series of the game so hit and miss. It's frustrating to say the least.

Wish Mark would add an icon box at the side of each horse, so you can choose multiple horses for a particular distance would save so much time and effort instead of individual exporting into the correct distance folders. It's so time consuming.

How difficult could this be? Can you please have a look into this Mark. Once the horse is ticked in the icon box you can drag the horses into the correct folders.

I have asked for this too. A drag and drop to export horses in select groups and also to move into folders. Having to click almost 500 exports individually each season for trials is really time consuming and the reason why each season takes so long for me. I trial each season as it helps with breeding and noticing horses that trial well but havne't performed well, also needed for culling as I have to make room each season for the 150 or so new ones. Ticking boxes would work as well but something is needed

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am
Group 1 winner

Trialing erratic performances are caused by all your horses been very similar in ability and the jockey's having widely different skills thus causing a difference in performance per race. As soon as soon as you get a superstar they tend to win 90% of trials. I have a few of these, but in the distances where I don't performnces vary.

Where they vary it's probably best to take horses that challenge early or run near the front as hold up horses seem to be at a distinct disadvanatage unless they challenge early

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:38 am
Group 1 winner

Boys how are u getting some many horses , I finished my breeding for the jumps and after 40 seasons I've breed 160 horses for my barn. The good thing is it didn't take stupid amount of hours to trial them . :D :D Are my the only person to use pen and paper to write things down about my horses so I know exactly who they are .

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:40 am
Group 1 winner

I play combined, so only abourt half of those are for jumps trials. yes trialing takes ages, but its the most important bit in my opinion so happy to take my time with it. I breed 140 to 150 new ones each season so that's why so much

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:42 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
I play combined, so only abourt half of those are for jumps trials. yes trialing takes ages, but its the most important bit in my opinion so happy to take my time with it

I've always said running u races the right way is 20% of the battle , how the races are run and where they are run. Chelts over jumps can be a bit odd because u got one or two sharp bends that can cause problems so I tend to stay away from that course and Aintree and that awful bend.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 31  Next