View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
 Monsters!!!! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Monsters!!!!
Potential wise they are in step with my 1yo’s.

Never had a 27 G1 horse but then I rarely race them that hard, have too many horses in breeding.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:11 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't have anything with that potential at 1, possibly not even at 2. I don't know if I want that potential that young. Really want them maturing at 6,7, 8 as they currently do. Almost all of mine now hit full at one of those 3 ages if not all 3 those ages.

ghosty wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
UK Jumps only Hemz I can only do one thing at a time I cant imagine breeding and trialing a bunch of horses
at different distances in different codes sounds like too much hard work to me

I have no idea how people can play a combine game with all the different trials u have to run. I've made a right mess of my flat breeding by not run enough trials. I've had a good start to the flat season but I think i've fluked it because i've ended with a game full of awful horses. Lol. I think Lady Luck has been on my side. Even though i've not done many trials over jumps my game is lovely and neat and tidy for when I start breeding for next season.

Use notes. Use n to put a note on a horse. It stays with the horse in the breeding barn. Put horses in folders in the CK , separating flat hurdlers and chasers per distance. All very organized, and runs smoothly

Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Guess it depends how fast they mature mine go full usually at 7, often unrealised and full out at 8. The potential tends to creep to 90 by about 4 and then full about 7. They start to decline at 9 but does not seem to effect performance too badly.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Guess it depends how fast they mature mine go full usually at 7, often unrealised and full out at 8. The potential tends to creep to 90 by about 4 and then full about 7. They start to decline at 9 but does not seem to effect performance too badly.

Seems so, also my 70/80% 2yo, 3yo and 4yo horses are winning on the flat. Don't have anything with full potential at 4 and the very rare one at 5. Red Harvest is 75%, Hood Sickle is 80%, Vinyl Cafe and Disntegration are both about 75%. They all doing fine. I don't think the potential bar is the be all of everything

Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Agree with that, I view it as the cherry on top once you have the base though it can still lift a line. My 80% 2yo horses follow the same progression path the 75% fill out more often than not, the 65 to 70% like ‘The National Awaits’ never get to full.

Josh

Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Does anyone know what the oldest age a horse has won a group 1 in the flat league is. Seriously thinking about adding this to my team. A real monster at age 9

Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Whilst I love the addition on the NH that horses now age properly I hate it on the flat, it basically makes me want to just stop playing it, I don’t need another game I have wait until 8/9 just to see when a horse matures.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Whilst I love the addition on the NH that horses now age properly I hate it on the flat, it basically makes me want to just stop playing it, I don’t need another game I have wait until 8/9 just to see when a horse matures.

This is very rare. 6/7 is the max age for the flat. After they normally plummit in ability. And if horses weren't sent to stud so quickly in reality they would be running well at those ages. I used to hate that 3yo's won everything in the league. Those days are over

Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:48 pm
Group 1 winner

The NO MORE HEROES Gold Cup League Sub Breeding project going well
He is a serious sire has produced a far superior Gold Cup horse for me in No More Wars
and even a new Grand National horse No More Princesses

He seems to be still producing too much stamina even No More No War is really competitive
over the national trip of 4 miles 3 & 1/2 furlongs. Even when he covered speedy 2mile mares
the offspring would stay well over 3 miles

Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Jesus you fly through seasons, I have done two since the league started.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:

I've not played my jumps game and so there will be no new jump horses for me , I like to enjoy my jumps game so I don't want to play it just to find horses for the transfer window. Come summer i'll play it again and enjoy it. :D :D

I've bred some flat horses but they are for the next league season , got to fit it in when I can with the flat. I've got a nice 3yo 2mile+ plus horse called Buckskin , one of the last ones to come from Colzean so we'll see how his next 2 seasons pan out.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:18 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Does anyone know what the oldest age a horse has won a group 1 in the flat league is. Seriously thinking about adding this to my team. A real monster at age 9

My Gold Cup winner Coigach won at 7 :D :D

Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:55 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:

Wow you are flying through seasons in my book, I've managed 4 months, just about to make Cheltenham entries, I do have a lot of excuses though.

Until the jumps game is sorted out I think the combined game is the way I shall go and try to wrap up my flat games. At least now the league has started it gives an insight into where my games stand and makes it easier to cull lines.

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:33 am
Group 1 winner

I hadn't been playing the game much. Too many distractions. Got around to it again and threw together a team literally at the last second. I have 2 saves - a US game that's 10 seasons long and an AUS game that's 8 seasons long.

This is manual training and I had been collecting many, many mares with the hope of getting good stock through sheer numbers. I had to speed up my playing so I shed all sorts of runners and broodmares who failed to meet my required potential number. This is the AUS game, when I get back to the US game I have to do the same to it.

I collected a enough exports that I finally got around to doing a proper trial program for them. 2,3, and 4yo's and all the distances. God I hate doing the trials. It's got to be done and it's got to be thorough. But now I know which exports are the best and I can breed them right moving forward in my games.

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:56 am
Group 1 winner

END OF PROJECT

A couple more gold cup winners and top 100 horses :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next