View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Monsters!!!! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Monsters!!!!
Utterly agree with that, remember there are hidden stats and even in the old game a 80% cruise and speed horse with low potentials beats a full potential will less cruise etc.

My Oaks winner Belladona never got higher than 80% potential. And small build does not matter for flat, it may and I stress may, effect jumpers.

You joining for next week?

Thu May 14, 2020 8:14 am
Selling plater

Githyanki wrote:

You joining for next week?

I can't upload a full stable as not enough maidens for them all but will will upload about 10 flat and 10 NH horses.

I have no idea what to expect. Some of these horses look great on paper but the league is another matter.

An awfull lot of them are going straight into group races as there is other race for them. They will either do well or have their h'caps ruined for rest of season.

Fri May 15, 2020 10:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Tam King Wrote "I can't upload a full stable as not enough maidens
for them all but will will upload about 10 flat and 10 NH horses."

Great to hear you are joining us Tam

On another note work has begun on next seasons team and this has to be the best bred league
horse I have ever produced.

By Dual Guineas Winner Tajikstan
Out of Dual Guineas & 3 time Group 1 Winner Tunisia

and the beauty of this game is he could be a complete dud ha ha

P,S His name is the capital of Tajikstan

Sat May 16, 2020 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The boom to bust ratio is massive, even with my breeding stock on the NH side out of about 450 horses bred and raced I got only 20 keepers. Of which only 5 are super stars. Just ditched 140 breeding mares in my barn refresh about 100 new ones added.

Sat May 16, 2020 11:07 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
The boom to bust ratio is massive, even with my breeding stock on the NH side out of about 450 horses bred and raced I got only 20 keepers. Of which only 5 are super stars. Just ditched 140 breeding mares in my barn refresh about 100 new ones added.

Could be as low as 5% or even lower its heavily odds on that he will be rubbish but they are both young 3 & 5 and will have at least 10 cracks
at producing something decent out of the 2 HOPEFULLY

Sat May 16, 2020 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Is nice when you get one you think will be great and it goes on to be so. ‘The Monster’ recently added one such example.

Sat May 16, 2020 12:37 pm
Group 3 winner

This is one of the reasons why this game is miles ahead of any other SO. :D :D

I bred this horse many years ago , i sent a mare to a computer stallion and i bred him but didn't think he was good enough and sold him early in his 3yo seasons ( mistake :lol: :lol: ) and he must have improved as he got older and hes turned out to be a super stallion .

The good thing with this game is u can go back and have a look at its history and who he breed , well funny/lucky enough two of his best daughters Titain( 23 group1 wins) Jeed (9 group1 wins) came up for auction last season and i had to buy them :D :D :D . Without all the details this game has i probably would never have known about them . Perhaps they do nothing for me but its good i still get to try to breed some of their lines into my stayers. :D :D Solo is a busy lad :lol: :lol:

Sat May 16, 2020 2:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Thoughts? Is this a good or bad approach that I just started?

With a voluminous amount of 2yo's each beginning of the season I train them up to shape and then export them to a temporary export file that only has that group of horses. I then trial them at all the main distances from 5f to 24f. I determine the best performers and keep those when I continue the save. I'm trying to keep a smallish amount each year because manual training a ton of horses is slowing me down (I like manual training so please don't suggest simple training :wink: ). I end up selling a bunch of prospects with great potential.

Am I getting rid of horses that may bloom later on and not show their true CK form until further on in their careers or is the beginning of the year CK trialing usually a good barometer of which of my 2yo's is a good CK horse?

Sat May 16, 2020 9:41 pm
Selling plater

Hi Sirius

Flat:
I am a novice compared to many on this forum but I have a big cull of yearlings, usually based on potential. If the realised potential isn't withn 25% of actual potential they are culled. The reason for this is in my saves I never get a horse to improve more than 25%. If I breed 100 foals, I probably keep about 65.

I race the remaining horses as 2yo. This is where I see the biggest rise in realised potential. Only those horses whose potential is within 10% of their max are exported to the ck for trialling. There is no cull of horses however. I have had many horses be duds in the ck as 2yo who go on to good things later in their careers.

Again all horses are raced as 3yo. Some have their potential rise as 3yo some don't. Again only those horses within 10% of their max are exported to the ck. Usually at the 3yo trial stage I get a better idea of a horses ability. I cull a few horses after the 3yo trials but these horses have been so diablolically bad in the ck. Maybe about 15 - 20 out of the 65 foals I started with.

Because my flat horses peak at 4yo, this is the cut off point for me. The 45 or so horses that make it to 4yo are exported to the ck if their potential is within 10% of max.

Like I said above, some are great as 2yo but rubbish thereafter. Some are rubbish as 2yo but are great as 4yo.

I have just uploaded a few horses during the latest window. This will tell if my methods are any good.

Sat May 16, 2020 10:34 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:

With a voluminous amount of 2yo's each beginning of the season I train them up to shape and then export them to a temporary export file that only has that group of horses. I then trial them at all the main distances from 5f to 24f. I determine the best performers and keep those when I continue the save. I'm trying to keep a smallish amount each year because manual training a ton of horses is slowing me down (I like manual training so please don't suggest simple training :wink: ). I end up selling a bunch of prospects with great potential.

Am I getting rid of horses that may bloom later on and not show their true CK form until further on in their careers or is the beginning of the year CK trialing usually a good barometer of which of my 2yo's is a good CK horse?

I would send them to grass and bring them back and trial them again at 3. This will give you a better idea, but will still speed up your game. You can then sell all the bad ck horses at 3. If you find from doing this you have no improvers in the 3yo's then maybe stick with your approach. I'm probably not the right person to respond given when my horses mature, but I also base all my culling on ck and ignore stats like potential as have found full potential horses that were bad in ck and in fact usless in game as well. I have stats I am more interested in. but playing manual training you in a position to improve these anyway so don't have to breed them as I do.

I would sell everything below 50% potential though before even racing them . No good keeping these as they will never be good enough.

Sun May 17, 2020 2:13 am
Group 1 winner

So far Tunisia has been a poor broodmare only produced average stock
But even though they have been false trials with so few runners it does
appear that Tajikistan has produced something decent in My Spartacus he was a gun
2YO in game but was not up to much at 3 but has trialed very well but until I get another
10 or 12 in the CK I have to count them as false trials but this one could be exciting.

Sun May 17, 2020 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:

I don't have the time other people have to play so I've always used the same approach with breeding , if a colt at 2 doesn't look like he will get full or near full to his potential then I will sell them . I need to know their full potential to breed to them otherwise u could be breeding anything plus if they become good and go in the computer breeding shed then u can always breed to him again.

I do it differently with fillies , I keep as many of them as possible ( apart from really low light green potential) . If they are decent or bred really well( good family) then I will race for a bit then put in my breeding shed even if they never get to go in my CK . I've only had 300 horses go in my CK on the flat and 250 over jumps . I've been able to keep running trials to as little as possible . :D

I breed like they would in real life with good family lines . Solo Mio wouldn't have been born with other peoples game because her mum couldn't win a race in game but because she had a god family line she went in my barn.

Another horse who wouldn't have been born is my grade 1 winning(possibly best) chaser Another Schedule , she was average on track and never got near to going in my CK but had a nice line . My breeding barn is not full of top class mares but lovely breed mares. I've said a few times in SO7 I do things 100% different to the other boys so this game is all about finding something that works for u.

Sun May 17, 2020 10:45 am
Group 3 winner

SiriusChill wrote:

Have a look at this horse who im racing now.

Average as a 2yo then he was useless as a 3yo, i stopped racing him and then hes come alive as a 4yo.

Sun May 17, 2020 2:37 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
SiriusChill wrote:

I don't have the time other people have to play so I've always used the same approach with breeding , if a colt at 2 doesn't look like he will get full or near full to his potential then I will sell them . I need to know their full potential to breed to them otherwise u could be breeding anything plus if they become good and go in the computer breeding shed then u can always breed to him again.

I do it differently with fillies , I keep as many of them as possible ( apart from really low light green potential) . If they are decent or bred really well( good family) then I will race for a bit then put in my breeding shed even if they never get to go in my CK . I've only had 300 horses go in my CK on the flat and 250 over jumps . I've been able to keep running trials to as little as possible . :D

I breed like they would in real life with good family lines . Solo Mio wouldn't have been born with other peoples game because her mum couldn't win a race in game but because she had a god family line she went in my barn.

Another horse who wouldn't have been born is my grade 1 winning(possibly best) chaser Another Schedule , she was average on track and never got near to going in my CK but had a nice line . My breeding barn is not full of top class mares but lovely breed mares. I've said a few times in SO7 I do things 100% different to the other boys so this game is all about finding something that works for u.

Not quite that different mate, this is pretty much how I've done it with my mares. I keep all the perfect bred ones to breed with regardless of their CK form, and they go to the new colt that has different lines. I find they actually do best sending them to the game stallions now though. Most of my 5 new uploads are from these mares with no form at all but good breeding

I only ever trial my 2yos as an afterthought for the league, all my trialling for breeding barn goes on at 3. I'd think you're definitely losing out on progressive horses doing it at 2, although as Ghost says, these do tend to still pop up as game horses later to breed with. I cull all 2yo's with less than 70% potential though, to keep the numbers reasonably down. I find I'm saving time not trialling 2yo's

Sun May 17, 2020 2:46 pm
Group 3 winner

Is this normal :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've gone back to breeding to a very old stallion of mine ( he was 17 when i went back to him) and he's 21 and still in the breeding barn. What age will they go!!! I dont mind i get another year with him :D :D

Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next