View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 100 Potential 
Group 2 winner

Post 100 Potential
Has anyone else noticed since coming out of BETA that horses have suddenly got 100% potential? I have spent over a hundred seasons playing and never found one 100 Potential horse. I was away until this weekend so first time I'd played since it came out of BETA. I've so far come across 4 mares in my barn that are 100, none of them were before, and I haven't even finished checking yet. Can't be a coincidence.

I did have a theory before that if you first bought an downloaded the game during a certain patch (the one where you couldn't get 100 pot), then no matter the patch, you never could. I was talked out of this idea, but now I'm 100% convinced this is true. I'm not saying the horses that were say 95 in my game, but should have been 100 werent still as good, just they were showing differently.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: 100 Potential
I had a horse that got full at 4 on the flat.

The potential has gone up and down with certain patches and perhaps it went up again when it came out of Beta , not played it since it came out so im not sure if my horses has moved.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 pm
Group 1 winner

I played today and as it happens cleaned out my breeding barn. Did not notice any changes at all.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Having started a new combined game, I've had a few 100% potential horses. My previous game the highest i got was 92%.

It's nice see a full 100% bar but still means nothing when trailing in the CK in my honest opinion. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm exporting everything even the ones that look poor stats wise.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Hemz wrote:
Having started a new combined game, I've had a few 100% potential horses. My previous game the highest i got was 92%.

It's nice see a full 100% bar but still means nothing when trailing in the CK in my honest opinion. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm exporting everything even the ones that look poor stats wise.

Short term I think you're right, but long term a 100 potential line will reach better standards from my experience. You just need to get the best CK horses that aren't 100, bred with them to try an get the best CK horses as high as possible. It might not be as much of an advantage in this one either as you don't know what the background stats are, it was always combined with those being 100 too. But I'd imagine still an advantage

I'd say we will see a lot more of trainers just dominating one distance now. it won't bean overall domination, but likely to see one person best at sprints, someone else mile an someone else the longer races. It'll be tough to control them all

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry to say I disagree, I think we shall see an even wider dominance by single trainers. Those able to play hundreds of seasons and trial in between to work out what to breed and what not too from the ck. without the tff, there is not way to overcome the time sink, ironic really given getting rid of the tff was designed to be a leveller I think it will achieve the exact opposite.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:02 pm
Group 2 winner

I think once a season or 2 has passed the horses will start to max out, so if you've not got the background stats, an there's no way of knowing if you have, then the others will be able to catch up. I agree the first couple of seasons may see a few dominate, but not being able to max out horses like in previous breeding will likely then see it level out.

From my first couple of games I've played too, you always seem to get only one really good line going, so I have a game with 1m-1m2 going well, and my other game has sprinters going really well, but nothing else in those games comes close to being decent. So in theory you'd need to put all those hours in over 3 or 4 games to dominate every distance. That may be too much even for the people who get to play the most. The best solution I can come up with is to start a game, see which distance it leans toward then streamline that. So I have a Sprint game miles ahead on my trials, and my other game is miles ahead on 1m an 1m2 races. If I now just concentrate on maybe getting 10 or so of the best trialling horses in those games I could fly through season. BUT I would have to have about 4 games at least streamlined. To find every distance I would probably need to play a proper 15 seasons an just restarting f I didn't get the distance I wanted. Those restarts would take so long

No one really knows with this one though I guess, it's so far removed from the league seasons I've seen go before.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:18 pm
Group 1 winner

The trick will be holding everyone’s attention through those first seasons, and this assumes your right. The randomness of breeding coupled with the fact I cannot really tell if a horse is any good or not makes the game a tiresome cycle of racing loads of crap horses season after season after season. It is basically guess work. Magnified by the fact the CK then throws it into another level of random.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:05 am
Group 1 winner

My original flat game i have seen improvements from 5f to 2m+ and it's still ongoing now. So it's hard to gauge until the league does start how well players horses fair against one another. Even the trails shows how close it is and for me ridden handy horses seem to have a slight advantage from hold up horses.

The one thing i have noticed which i mentioned in another thread, is you don't get true stayers from just a flat game. Previous versions of the game i used a flat only and had real stayers. Not so much in this version, or what I've done is breed out all the stamina for speed.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:54 am
Group 2 winner

I've not had a decent horse over 1m4 yet in my flat games. Gonna start on my Combined game later

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:45 am
Group 1 winner

I'm getting an abundance of 100% horses now ( have about 20 ) but only happens when they 6 and can't say it is reflected in their performance.

At the start of the game it's one distance but after a while you get good horses at all distances. I'm 28 seasons in and have decent at all distances. The problem I am having is that sometimes the really good ones are just terrible sires so for example my milers have gone backwards because all my decent milers have been bad sires

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:21 am
Group 2 winner

I'm so torn, I still think streamlining each game to a distance or 2 an limiting the foals you breed could be the way to go. However, each game takes so long to start that I would be practically writing off the first League season for hopefully, future success. I remember back in the day when I first joined the league, this game is very similar now, in that there was no background stats then, and it was all about finding the very best horses to start your breeding line. It' looks very similar now, however if it's wrong an I have to start again, it would be such a slog to get competitive again.

The furthest any of my games is in so far is 17 season, that one is definitely a bit more diverse than the others that are only 7-10 seasons in

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm not so sure that you have to play a long time to be competitive I had game breds run well in the trials and some of the horses I bred early on are still competitive in trials. My improvements have come over distances other than the starting line. It's much harder to maintain lines horses don't just improve as easily as previous games and good horses can easily be dud sires. I've mainly been gearing my stable for NH so breeding soft ground and jumping into lines so horses are maturing later hence full.potential at 6 for me

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:44 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm loving it tbh, at least everyone's on the same playing field, no one really knows. The breeding within the game is likely meaning that you can still find game horses lots of seasons in, that can be reasonably competitive.

Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:17 pm
Group 3 winner

Question
why is it everyone is talking about potential
when the most important bar is the speed bar which we cant see i was told by all the best people on here .. 1st is speed .. 2nd is potential .. 3rd in is stamina
my last 2 seasons in SO6 i was voted as best new trainer in pauls Dual Code Championship
i only and a few horses at 100% potential but every horse had 100% speed bar
sign polar who DID win the ARC twice lol he had 95% potential but 100% speed
i am loving the game as it is now
im off to Malta tomorrow for 5 days all inclusive :lol:
then december 8th im off to thailand till january 9th
will miss you all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark as changed the game the best for us league players THANK YOU MARK
and no Gray im not drunk
and get fifa lol
Del.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next