View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Potential Developmemt 
Group 1 winner

Post Potential Developmemt
After tinkering with the game at best until now, I have finally thrown myself into two of my jump games wholesale and I am trying to get a handle on potential. Playing a jumps game I am seeing a little 3yo movement after racing and then what seems to be simple year after year from then up to around 8-10yo. Anyone seeing race related development when they are older than 3yo?

Are the flat games giving more potential growth when running as 2yo?

Have my first mass trial 1800 horses to do next find out which of my donkeys are best, early trials seem to show that G1 game horses can be as rubbish as ever in the CK, and that there distance and discipline is also not transferable, have a 10x G1 winner 3m+ chaser that the CK has turned into a hurdler, sucked at those in game, and she does not come close in the chases usually getting beaten by 2m hurdlers :)

I am not even sure I see the point in playing the game at all right now, since it has no apparent connection to the league.

Josh

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Potential Developmemt
You can solve the disconnect between the ck and game by limiting breeding with horses that are bad in ck and maximising breeding with horses that are good in the ck. Took a while but my game is in sync now. If they good in the game they will he good in the ck as I have concentrated on the ck lines

Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:36 am
Group 1 winner

Exactly why my first trial has about 1800 horses in it, is some 10 generations from two games that will then drive a complete reorganisation of my breeding. I have a restore point to return too when the trail is done.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:03 am
Group 1 winner

how on earth have you bred 1800 horses so quick Josh I'd say im no where near that number since the release of SO7
one thing is for sure is I dont envy you one bit trialing them all :lol: :lol:

I'm having fun trialing my flat cast offs over sticks hope to have a national hunt team of 15 to 20 which will be no doubt
targeting major handicaps

Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Exactly why my first trial has about 1800 horses in it, is some 10 generations from two games that will then drive a complete reorganisation of my breeding. I have a restore point to return too when the trail is done.

That is mad crazy :lol: I wouldn't know where to start with all them. I've put in less than 200 in my stable and when I run races i have to put in some computer horses just to make the numbers up otherwise I couldn't run any races.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Sounds more dramatic than it really is as they cover ages 7-10, few 4yo’s for good measure. Likely 450 to 500 individual horses. I’ll trial them at 4yo and 8yo and start to delete, I also expect significant gaps as they are not all full potential etc. Is more about working out ck talent and distances etc for a more league targeted breeding pool.

Are you seeing potential or speed development as the result of more racing or just yearly progression, I am not sure I have seen it much before the first bunch of races.

I hardly touched the flat game yet, may not have a team.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Sounds more dramatic than it really is as they cover ages 7-10, few 4yo’s for good measure. Likely 450 to 500 individual horses. I’ll trial them at 4yo and 8yo and start to delete, I also expect significant gaps as they are not all full potential etc. Is more about working out ck talent and distances etc for a more league targeted breeding pool.

Are you seeing potential or speed development as the result of more racing or just yearly progression, I am not sure I have seen it much before the first bunch of races.

I hardly touched the flat game yet, may not have a team.

Progression for me is slow i have found only 4 new team members for the flat team since before the last trials day
unlike other version you never completely rule or own the game you have to fight all the time to keep going its a great
challenge.

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]