View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Trainers Notes - Trial Day 4 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers Notes - Trial Day 4
Congrats to all the winners.
Some consistent results for my bunch without a winner on the board.
My game time as been minimal over the last few months.
Will try and get more seasons in before the start of the league.
My flat horses are more consistent that my jumpers.
Not played much of my NH game. So there is room for some improvements before the start.
Having watched the races mine seem to travel very well and just fade out which is a worry. I was also considering giving jockey instructions. I've had to do that in previous games for league mode.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:51 pm
Group 2 winner

I've decided it's not the instructions that's the problem, my horses, are running exactly the same way as they did last season, and the season before, all being sort of held up, an all challenging very late but seemingly not actually staying. Come to the conclusion my trials are a waste of time so I'm focusing on making my trials as fast as possible now, with as much pace as possible, an still concentrating on horses that like to lead. I have also got different games going now, a sprint, a 1m, a 1m2-1m4 and a stayers. I also have my original, which I will be using as many cross breeders as possible.

Using the game stallions was how I started my game, but I have to admit, I did drift off from it so I'm working on that again, mostly because I bought a 6f game horse in season 30 that actually wins my trials quite convincingly. I'm not reading too much into these trials either as they were the tightest tracks ever, an none of my horses ran anything less than 10 wide.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:12 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I've decided it's not the instructions that's the problem, my horses, are running exactly the same way as they did last season, and the season before, all being sort of held up, an all challenging very late but seemingly not actually staying. Come to the conclusion my trials are a waste of time so I'm focusing on making my trials as fast as possible now, with as much pace as possible, an still concentrating on horses that like to lead. I have also got different games going now, a sprint, a 1m, a 1m2-1m4 and a stayers. I also have my original, which I will be using as many cross breeders as possible.

Using the game stallions was how I started my game, but I have to admit, I did drift off from it so I'm working on that again, mostly because I bought a 6f game horse in season 30 that actually wins my trials quite convincingly. I'm not reading too much into these trials either as they were the tightest tracks ever, an none of my horses ran anything less than 10 wide.

One of the reason's I didn't put any horses in these races is because at this stage its to late to worry about them , u cant change running styles over night and why get hung up over these races . Believe in what u do because even when u horses run great/poorly in big field maidens it doesn't mean they are great or poor because all races in the league are run differently.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:10 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm 100% with you on this, I thought most of mine were front rank at the very lest though to be fair. Most of my best CK horses are front runners, it's just that at most distances these get caught very late on by a hold up who ends up with more points. I'm not necessarily gonna change everything, I'm just a lot more likely to use the one finishing 2nd all the time by a half length but tried to make it all, rather than the hold up horse that gets more points in the trials.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:30 pm
Group 1 winner

So true John.

I personally keep my trials as quick and simple as possible, right now it is even easier as quality is so hard to come by and thus pretty easy to spot. 21 horses so a page on the ck, 2 races, photograph the whole bottom page and bin anything that features in the bottom group twice, add back to 21 rinse and repeat working down the horse list, and start recording results when I am into say the last 10-15.

My only recent disappointment came when trialing a random bunch of 4yo horses from my Australian flat stable at 2m hurdle to watch four of them romp up and beat my jumps horses comfortably. There will be a combined game in my future but not in time for this league.

Josh

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2