View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Custom Silks from SO6 
Group 1 winner

Post Custom Silks from SO6
Hi guys, I finally got round to buying the game today and have a couple of questions before I get started.

1. Are the custom silks we used in the SO6 league compatible with S07. The silks I have are numbered D_6, then D_83 to D_91 (Jockey_body_D_6, Jockey_head_D_6 etc).
2. Can you guys recommend a decent UK combined schedule.

Thanks lads
Kev

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Custom Silks from SO6
Same Silks Kev nothing new on the Graphics at all.

I would offer mine up but you would have to Put it in the Mods Folder and choose it when you go to the default don't forget if you want to play on League you must Highlight League Mode no more TFF files in League if you don't want to play in league then you can use the TTF but the race Kit now detects Non League Files and kicks them out and deletes the files in the Documents Folder.

Gray

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Kev defo combined
i played all my games flat only no progress
then went combined
started 5 season auto and now in 12 season got 100% better horses and breeding so much better in combined then flat only also you buy better horses in sales

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:40 pm
Group 1 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
Kev defo combined
i played all my games flat only no progress
then went combined
started 5 season auto and now in 12 season got 100% better horses and breeding so much better in combined then flat only also you buy better horses in sales

Thanks for the headsup Del.

simpleminds wrote:
Same Silks Kev nothing new on the Graphics at all.
I would offer mine up but you would have to Put it in the Mods Folder and choose it when you go to the default don't forget if you want to play on League you must Highlight League Mode no more TFF files in League if you don't want to play in league then you can use the TTF but the race Kit now detects Non League Files and kicks them out and deletes the files in the Documents Folder.
Gray

Thanks for the info Gray. Managed to get the silks installed eventually, couldn't remember where the .png files in the BMP folder went so had to search the forums and got lucky. I didn't use the ttf file so glad to see it gone for league purposes. I doubt I'll have anything ready for the start of the new league but I might upload a handful of horses during the upload window to give me a baseline for season 2.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:03 pm
Group 2 winner

Don't forget to make sure you are playing in league mode.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Don't forget to make sure you are playing in league mode.

First thing I did when starting up Martin.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Combined seems to be the choice if you only want to play one game. But I have had decent success breeding jumps horses from a jumps only game. Jumps horse also age more realistically now, don’t be surprised if you cannot compete until your horses are 7yo+

Hope your well.

Josh

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Combined seems to be the choice if you only want to play one game. But I have had decent success breeding jumps horses from a jumps only game. Jumps horse also age more realistically now, don’t be surprised if you cannot compete until your horses are 7yo+

Hope your well.

Josh

Hey Josh, I'm grand thanks for asking.
I might start a jumps only game once I get properly under way with the combined one.
Does that mean jumps horses for the league are useless at 5 and 6. I haven't run any trials yet but was planning on trialing flat and jumps at 5, then 6+ for jumps only.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Kevcon wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Hope your well.

Josh

I might start a jumps only game once I get properly under way with the combined one.
Does that mean jumps horses for the league are useless at 5 and 6. I haven't run any trials yet but was planning on trialing flat and jumps at 5, then 6+ for jumps only.

I have found them to be useless at 5. They can still be ok at 6 over shorter distances below 3 miles but 3 miles + it's 7 and sometimes 8. ( 9 /10 for 4 miles + ) Also if they haven't run over hurdles or fences they won't trial well. The days of using flat cast offs seem to be over

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:30 pm
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:
Kevcon wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Hope your well.

Josh

I have found them to be useless at 5. They can still be ok at 6 over shorter distances below 3 miles but 3 miles + it's 7 and sometimes 8. ( 9 /10 for 4 miles + ) Also if they haven't run over hurdles or fences they won't trial well. The days of using flat cast offs seem to be over

I have found this too. Horses that have been totally useless suddenly blossom at 7 or 8. It is also rarer to get dual purpose horses now. Sent some good hurdlers chasing and they just kept falling , back to hurdles and won the top races again. Also horses that just can't win over hurdles go chasing and become world beaters. One thing though is that you seem to have to go the natural route. None of the straight into the top races business, seems you have to pay your dues as a novice for a season first. Far more realistic now but takes much longer.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Have to agree. Most of mine are either hurlders or chasers, not both. Also have to follow novice path as straight to grade 1's doesn't work for me either even with a top ex-flat horse

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:35 pm
Group 1 winner

I have a few horses who trial well over both codes, but literally 3 or 4 and they are not stars at either. And I only trial my jumpers at 4yo (2m hurdle only) and 8yo. 9 or 10 for the 4m+ chases.

In terms of game play I get 5 NHF races into them at 3yo, 5 juve races into the at 4yo. I rest them at 5yo, run novices races properly at 6yo to work out what they are best at and only start going after feature races at 7yo+. I struggle with 4yo's generally and I think this is where a combined game that can get flat potential into your jumps lines helps. My flat game horses age entirely differently, most of them are in decline after their 4yo season. I would also echo Leon's comment, you have to get your chasers game races or they seem to trial badly over fences.

It is all a learning curve right now, my only issue is that your really limited by what game stock your game throws up, breeding with game horses is the key to everything and since you cannot see the bars anymore it is worth being a little forgiving with your horses, I have plenty of trial stars who look bad on paper and did absolutely nothing in game coupled with multi G1 winning game mosters who are dreadful at trial.

Josh

Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks for all the advice guys, it's much appreciated.

Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]