View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews 
Selling plater

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews
Hi Guys, hope ye are all well. Paul hope you are doing well and on the mend. Well done to everybody that makes this possible its very exciting to be involved in it and I've had great fun and have really looked forward to watching the horses run.

I though the majority of my horses ran well with Ballinargh Train turning out to been right little gem. If I knew what I know now he might of won another one or two more but that's half the fun in this game. There is realisum in the game just like in real life and it does help a lot lol,Makes you think a bit and, offline your always working on improving them. Only thing I dislike about the game is getting a bad draw and you are caught wide but then again I've had some that won because the fancied ones were caught wide. So I guess it kinda works out in the end.

Well done to everyone who took part and to the winners big round of applause.

Well done Ryan on the commentary. You did a great job.

Nick all the best mate, you will be missed you did a great job. We will all look forward to reading you in the post now I know who you are and look forward to racing you in the future.

Have got us two more trainers for next year my better half and the brother in law so there will be right banter going on.

Anyway guys look after yourselves and see ye all for next season. Am I right in saying sept / oct.

All the best
David

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:34 pm
Handicapper

Well its safe to say im the worst trainer in Starter Orders History!!! :roll: :oops:

Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:27 pm
Group 3 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:
Well its safe to say im the worst trainer in Starter Orders History!!! :roll: :oops:

Nah Mate

I would hope by now that one of the experienced trainers is helping you with some advice.
Having been a race runner in the last season i watched a fair few of your runners.
All things being equal it often appeared to me your horses were running in the wrong distances.
I would be curious to know what percentage your Potential stat was?

Cheers

Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 pm
Group 3 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:

How do you come to such a conclusion?

You won races and like Jango I believe some of your horses ran over the wrong distance, in fact I mentioned this one week during the season.

You had a 1-2 in a 2m6f chase I remember because I was third. I'm over the the moon just to win a low hcp never mind get the first 2. Also if you can win a hcp then you can win better, nobody enters hcp'ers into the league we all expect/hope to win G1 races.

OK some of your horses dropped out very tamely and I would also like to know the stats, did you just throw them in because they had good form in game? I like others have had great G1 winners who look like sellers in the ck.

Keep playing, improve your stable by breeding your know league winning/place horses and do more ck work. Now you have experience of the league and know what is needed in the league you have a new advantage.

Check out Pauls post on how he tests his new 2yos so he only has ck horses in his stable.

Last edited by dragontrainer on Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:28 am
Handicapper

yes i actually bought all my horses from the auctions and put them straight into the team, i had no clue about the league, how things work etc. I wanted to get a full stable. The rest like view lizzie i bred and milano matrix. Also Johns spirit and fathom five who i bought from a auction they were the ones that was a 1-2. Thankfully Leon, Vinny, Craig and Mike are giving me very good advice and i hope to do better for next season!

Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:34 am
Group 3 winner

Haha! Then that's the advise you should give to others.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:48 am
Group 1 winner

Ryan take heart i have spent the past 5 weeks completely experimental breeding throwing alot
of mud at the wall and nothing has stuck I did this because basically gave up trying to beat what
I had so in desperation I tried anything and everything nothing has worked :lol: looking at the trials
too people have already caught me up I doubt I will get anywhere near defending my flat champion
trainers crown.

This game is a great leveler and even if you get a head start like I did last season unlike other versions
you dont keep that advantage season after season at this rate I will be delighted to bag 1 classic win.

It also works the other way if your along way behind at the start you CAN catch up because basically the
people at the top will hit a very large brick wall and spend endless amount of time getting fractions of
improvement.

Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

At this point race 20 will be a walkover for me if no one else enters.

Race 20 | Horse Racing Free Bets With Bookmakers at Newmarket | Maiden | Max Rating : none | 1m7 | Flat | 4+ | Good to Soft | Open

Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:25 am
Handicapper

sadly not able to join the league from week 1 but ill be jumping in on week 5 or 6 whenever it is with as many bullets as i can fire great to be back lads all the best

Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Sadly no time for stable tours as im working on a big new project and time is scarce

FLAT
What i will say is im expecting a very tough season ahead I think it will be seriously
competitive people will have caught me up and some will have passed me I see we
have some big trainers from the past back and my tip for glory is HEMZ my gut says
he will have made huge strides.

JUMPS
Expecting to be fighting out the handicaps made a bit of progress since last year where
i boxxed well above my weight getting as many winner as I did and it will be hard to
replicate this. Expecting nothing and hope for a surprise along the way - My tip is a
resurgence of the GHOSTZAPPER.

Best of luck for the season ahead may you all have winners and fun

Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Hi Paul.

Any chance of unpinning this thread for a new one with a header saying Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 Season 2?

Your still the one to beat on the flat along with Leon. I'll be much better prepared this season than last.

Thank

Craig

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:22 am
Group 1 winner

Good idea Craig, be good to get a new thread going for the new season.

@Sirius - I saw your comment on Fri morning and swtiched Well Articulated from a 1m6f with a lot of runners to this race, as I know she stays up to 2miles - so thanks for pointing it out. Hopefully she runs well and justifies the switch!

Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:16 am
Group 1 winner

yes mate do it now

Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thanks Paul

Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24