View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews
Anadin wrote:
I hopefully will be back RR this week and to stop Martin (he cant do 50+ a week) going on at me,
the league may have to listen to my comms again, tho I promise to be good for those who may not
want me back :wink: (you can always mute!)
:

Fantastic mate I love you dulcet tones and hope you feel better soon

Anadin wrote:
It looks as though the proposed changes to the league have been positive and total domination will be a
thing of the past, but lets see how the league progresses.

:lol: :lol: :lol: THING OF THE PAST :shock: :lol: Have you not looked at the DCC table there is someone very dominant :lol: :lol:
and the tables have a very familiar look but its all good mate. My only hope for the season is the newcomers will stick with it
we have about half the number from the leagues prime Around 3 seasons ago and if they quit we might struggle to fill fields & I NEED
SOME COMPETITION in the hunters chases :lol:but some of the newcomers have made a very bright start which is always great to see
and even the second season trainers are doing well which is fantastic too

Anyway get well and get back here we miss you and your comms.

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

You can't really call me a dominate flat trainer from the past though :D

Past 4 flat seasons finish positions 8 / 8 / 23 /24. No group success at all :D So definitely not a doiminate trainer from the past :D At the speed I play I'm sure people will catch up but will enjoy it while it lasts :lol:

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:52 am
Handicapper

I completely forgot when the league was starting again and haven’t checked the forum for ages. Is it week 5 when I’ll be able to upload a full team or can you only upload a certain amount in week 5?

Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:29 pm
Group 1 winner

AdamA405 wrote:
I completely forgot when the league was starting again and haven’t checked the forum for ages. Is it week 5 when I’ll be able to upload a full team or can you only upload a certain amount in week 5?

U might be able to enter today !!!! If not fully in week 5

Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:37 pm
Handicapper

Ah, I would but I don’t have a team! Off work now due to covid19 so will be able to get through a few seasons a day! Hopefully by week 5 I’ll have a decent enough team to at least be competitive in handicaps haha

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Only the two worth talking about on day 1 for me. I'm over the moon to finally have a true league monster in Avokovadro. She just got caught on the line by a good one of Davy's. I only hope the ground is soft for Ascot over the next few weeks as she heads to the Pavillion followed by the Commonwealth Cup and potentially a tilt at the top 6f races and the Everest after that.

James E Cornette ran a blinder in fourth in the 7f 0-110 and there will be plenty of good handicaps for him to aim at.

The rest should be competitive in lowly handicaps but I do expect Dutchforward to improve for the step up in trip so is one to watch.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:24 pm
Selling plater

I won my first race of the season with Napapijri :D a listed mares hurdle as well which is now my biggest achievement in the league.
Looks like a perfect horse for the Mares Hurdle at cheltenham i can't wait :)

My 2yr old Bosun Briscoe slightly under performed in the brocklesby considering he was one of the favs. I think the ground was against him but wasn't beaten far in a deep race. I will look to step him up to 6f which i think is the preferred distance, could also be a fair horse for the top 2yr old 6f races we will see.

Thanks again for the great comms and the effort put in! Race days are becoming my favorite days of the week now :)

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:02 pm
Handicapper

Im getting tired of last places now :lol: , i really dont know what im doing wrong. The horses i thought that would have a good chance came dead last. Dreading to see what tomorrow is gonna be like :lol:

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:39 pm
Group 2 winner

WK 2, 1st Day

Race 2 Elsharh 3rd 2m2f was to short, ready for Ascot Gold Cup
Race 5 Mutafawwig 10th set the pace then had nothing left with furlong to go, off to the butchers wk5
Race 7 Ojooba 8th, another off to the butchers wk5
Race 8 Khataaf 3rd, ran well & hopeful of a good rum in the Derby
Race 8 Scatzo 4th, ran well bettter over 1m6f
Race 12 Mootawel ran ok but had no chance drawn in the sticks, inside draw maybe would have been different result

Thanks for all the work you did again Gentlemen to get the races done & thanks you gents for the great comms again.
Cheers all

Steve

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:55 pm
Group 1 winner

NH

R1 Shogun 6th -- Badly outpaced will need further or back to bumpers
R2 Treasury Matters 7th -- Clearly not in this class. handicaps beckon
R3 Daenerys Targaryen 2nd -- Mistake late cost her the race but no complaints as always good to see trainers getting their first winner of season. And Napapijri will win again
R4 Volcanic Eruption 1st -- Won dspite some sketchy jumping. already a faller in week 1 so doesn't bode well for future
R7 Unendliche Geschichte 3rd -- Got tired late causing a slow jump at the last. Never could quite get away from them, and she probably wants more testing ground and/or testing course. Well done to Hemz with the winner
R8 War Leadership 1st & Recruiting Agent 6th -- Recruiting Agent got a shockling ride so put a line through that. Happy with War Leadership stayed on well at the finish., wearing down John's horse, and will be big player in all the 3m1f races
R9 GI Joe 1st & Lateral Thinking 3rd -- GI Joe showed he is a lively contender for the Gold Cup. Lateral Thinking got baulked for a run at a crucial stage when she wanted to make her run. Might be better than the run suggests, although 3rd is a good performance here
R11 Kentucky Fried 1st -- Her jumping won it for her took a number of lengths out of the field on numerous occasions, very weird ride though. Also pretty much given the race when Taverner made a bad mistake 3 out. Could have been a lot closer

Flat

R2 Dragon Keeper 1st -- Took it up a long way out and powered home. Still not sure of best distance. Might try a 2m race next up
R3 Super Trouper 8th -- Looks like he might want a step up in trip. Not getting his own way up front is not helping
R4 Vinyl Cafe 1st -- First shock of day for me. Stayed on well to win. I didn't think my 3yo's were any good. Probably helped that best 3yo's were in the G1's but happy with win
R5 Disintegration 1st -- Second shock. Came from near last to win going away. Although not sure if he would have won if Tajikstan wasn't so badly interfered with. He goes to Guineas with a chance, but with the way he runs will need some luck. Still running really well for a 9f horse
R7 Geralt Of Rivia 0 -- Only likes Epsom and showed that again
R8 Bloodstone 0 -- Moved forward into 3rd before fading badly. Clearly doesnt stay. Hemz has a good one and Rosiemary must have a huge chance in oaks
R9 Wild Sight 7th -- Race was too hot for her and ran well enough behind some high class sprinters
R10 Unlikely Spy -- Ran on. Never looking threatening, but should pick up a race or 2 with her when the ground dries out.
R12 Big Gamble 3rd -- Really needed the extra 1/2 furlong. Going to a big player in the G1's this season. Well done to Practice though who looked good again and must have a huge chance in the Guineas

Thanks to everyone invloved in putting this together. Thanks to Nick Doug & Martin for all the comms. Really amazing that all races have comms, Martin doing all 12 on Nh again, really appreciated

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:58 pm
Group 3 winner

pnf123 wrote:
I won my first race of the season with Napapijri :D a listed mares hurdle as well which is now my biggest achievement in the league.

Congrats and well done, its a good feeling.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 pm
Group 1 winner

pnf123 wrote:
I won my first race of the season with Napapijri :D :)

F A N T A S T I C Mate delighted for you well done

jockeyryan321 wrote:
Im getting tired of last places now :lol: , i really dont know what im doing wrong. The horses i thought that would have a good chance came dead last. Dreading to see what tomorrow is gonna be like :lol:

Stick with it Ryan the first 2 weeks are the most difficult maidens are like group one races just stick with it you will be rewarded

Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

4 winners today 1 jumps 3 flat

MAXIMUS GALACTICUS - MAIDEN WINNER
Wow how brave he was to hold off some potential Grade 1 horses - Starting to think
my 2milers could well be group class horses but time will tell but delighted to get my
2nd win of the season.

PHANTOM - CONDITIONS WINNER
Derby number 1 running 2 furlongs short of ideal but stayed on very strongly
to wear down Dan's horse in the last couple of strides. Took an age for his stamina to
kick in but when it did he came home very strongly.

PUNKZIPP - HANDICAP WINNER
Thrown into this race at a trip that would be the best part of 2 furlongs
too short for him carrying 5 pounds more than any other horse. I was that
unconvinced of his chances I never picked him for my weekly lucky 63. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But wow he flew home my chin is on the floor totally shocked to be honest.
That was some performance.

HYPERION - HANDICAP WINNER
My Oaks number 1 made very very hard work of winning a 0 to 90 handicap
I very much doubt going by that form she will be a player at Epsom but at least she
has got a win under her belt so thats job done.

Huge thanks to the team appreciate all the hard work and effort you all put in.

Many Thanks to the commentators fantastic as always
and good to see Doug back in the saddle

well done to all the winners and placers especially the newcomers

Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Just 2 worth mentioning for me on the flat;

Toronto Knott - Running off a flyweight but looked good, Pauls just too good for her on the line in the Lincoln. She may well not get another look in till Ascot

Kaiping Slick - Ran an absolute blinder to finish 2nd in this, was originally uploaded as a 1m6 horse, and had to come from stall 36 or something to get the rail in this. I still think has a squeak at as place in the Derby, might be tough to peg back with a better draw.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:08 am
Selling plater

Just want to say a big thanks to all the effort that goes in to the online league. Really enjoy the commentary and as much as my horses are coming last at the moment I’m really looking forward to getting more seasons done to hopefully be able to compete soon. I’ve even set up a group sweepstake with 10 mates where we all pick a horse out of a hat and we have 50p on each race.. (gives me something to cheer for lol). Keep up the good work guys! Loving so7! Have a good season!

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next