View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews
2 Winners Today on the flat

Park Royal
Wins her 4th G1 of the season winning the nunthorpe she really is a freak
over 5 furlongs she will most likely only have one more run which will be
in Paris in the Prix Abbaye as its a waste of time running her over 6 furlongs
she just is not the same over 6 but right now she is queen of the sprinters.

Vogart
Nice trial by my leger hope when winning the March listed stakes he has been
solid all season and should be a leading contender in next weeks classic.

well done to the winners and placers
thanks to the team and brilliant comms as always

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Quote:
You will see next season big improvements from everyone in both leagues and the gaps will be a lot closer.

I think your probably right, I certainly think the lower and middle tiers will all take a big step forward. I think the top tier will also progress though, just by smaller margins. On the NH of say 400 exports i tend to get 5-10 new trial horses in each breeding cycle, so the rate of return is low, I keep improving my 2 - 2.4m chasers and my 2.4m hurdlers. Everything else is largely stuck right now, so folks can and will catch up.

Less convinced on the flat as I don’t play it much, but that was always a huge time sink to break into the top.

Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:31 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:
You will see next season big improvements from everyone in both leagues and the gaps will be a lot closer.

I think your probably right, I certainly think the lower and middle tiers will all take a big step forward. I think the top tier will also progress though, just by smaller margins. On the NH of say 400 exports i tend to get 5-10 new trial horses in each breeding cycle, so the rate of return is low, I keep improving my 2 - 2.4m chasers and my 2.4m hurdlers. Everything else is largely stuck right now, so folks can and will catch up.

Less convinced on the flat as I don’t play it much, but that was always a huge time sink to break into the top.

It's been a good learning curve by all. I've made some mistakes with the league format and not paying much attention to the Novices races and rushing to get a full team together. But overall i'm happy with this season.

This will be rectified next season and i'll have a much more balanced stable, this will also be for the flat which i don't care much about.

I've already made major improvements throughout my team for next season and the margins will be much more closer you'll see :o But i'm sure everyone will have which makes it even more exciting.

Lastly. It's great to be back after many many years away and very much looking forward to next season :D

Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:05 pm
Group 1 winner

well happy my 5 uploads 4 have won 2 x G1's so at least I know i'm going in the right direction

congrats all runners
as always many thanks to the team

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:08 pm
Group 1 winner

2 Winners on the final day of week 9

ULTIMATE ANGEL
When I just started to think a 3YO stayer has no chance against their elders
2 3 year olds dominate the lonsdale cup and once Leon's horse blew by I thought
my boys chances were totally gone and I was going to watch him fade into 5th or 6th
but NO he had other plans and put in the gutsyist performance by any of my horses ever
to fight back the heart of a lion and this race had the feel of a huge momentum change in
the championship sounds totally ridiculous but that performance filled me with pride and
choked me up a little and im not one to get emotional. ONTO THE LEGER He will certainly
be a big player in the final classic of the season.

IN THE HUNT
Class out and out stayer just found 1 too good in the Ascot Gold cup this was a long over
due win there really is not much for a 2m4 horses during the season unless you do what I
did and drop them in trip so if this was to be his swansong he goes out a winner not sure
whats left for him this season delighted with his return even if he missed his intended target.

Congratulations to all the winners and placers
I see 18+ trainers have now got into double figure winners
HUGE thanks to the team for all the time you put in
Excellent comms as always lads I think I speak for us all in saying
just how much we appreciate them they add so so much please keep going.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Got my first winner this week and then followed it up the next day with another one . I'm delighted. Both won well but not surprising coming off the back of two good runs and only going up a couple pound .

Enjoying the league only got the second half of season, been worth the wait after yrs of wanting to play but not enough time.

Keep up the good work guys ye do a great job. A lot of time and effort goes in to what ye do. If I can help in anyway get in touch.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Dslatts1978 wrote:
Got my first winner this week and then followed it up the next day with another one . I'm delighted. Both won well but not surprising coming off the back of two good runs and only going up a couple pound .

Enjoying the league only got the second half of season, been worth the wait after yrs of wanting to play but not enough time.

Keep up the good work guys ye do a great job. A lot of time and effort goes in to what ye do. If I can help in anyway get in touch.

Well done they are two winners u'll never forget :D :D

Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 pm
Handicapper

Dslatts1978 wrote:

Well done

Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:23 am
Group 1 winner

Congratulations on your first two winners mate, hope you nab a few more before the season ends.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:32 am
Selling plater

Thanks guys its still making me smile. I was just delighted to get in in the league never mind a winner so chuffed. Good look to all for the rest of season.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:56 pm
Handicapper

first group win on the flat made even better by a tremendous commentary and followed up with first cheltenham festival winner though granted just a handicap still chuffed to bits . Great work as ever guys and well done to all the winners big and small

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:48 pm
Handicapper

first group win on the flat made even better by a tremendous commentary and followed up with first cheltenham festival winner though granted just a handicap still chuffed to bits . Great work as ever guys and well done to all the winners big and small

Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:49 pm
Group 3 winner

scrudley wrote:

Congrats! So good it's worth saying twice :) . Never mind "just a handicap" your just been modest. Well done to all winners!

Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:46 am
Group 1 winner

3 winners on the flat for me today

ZERO TOLERANCE
Came from a wide draw and absolutely flew home to land the Irish Champion Stakes
first of my subs to win a G1 brings up 21 Group 1 wins on the flat all by 3 year olds.

TUNISIA
Queen of the mile wins her 5th G1 of the season she is a belting horse had a tricky
draw but the jockey did a great job and she won very well delighted with her.

OLYMPIC DREAMS
Her 4th win of the season and her second G2 just got up to win the flying childers
not sure whats left for her like Park Royal she does not stay a yard past 5 furlongs
but might have to have a crack at the G1 Cheveley Park.

HUGE congratulations Josh on your classic win thats another brave horse boy your
horses have so many guts. Vinny congrats on your G1 sprint win. Paul O'Neill mate
WOW many many congratulations on your win in the Royal Lodge I bet you are
chuffed with that.

Well done to all the winners and placers at Cheltenham I see there were a good few shocks and
Mr Hemz is BACK with a bang. I just dont have the team to compete this year but pleased with
some of my runners boxing well above their weight Buenos Aires a solid 4th in the champion hurdle.

Huge thanks to the team and a massive thanks to Martin and his media team the preview show was
fantastic.

Best of luck tomorrow

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

No complaints from me on a day where I bag three G1’s, though two disappointing runs too from The Monster who just switched off when it mattered and When The Demon Comes who let the race develop around him rather than taking it up.

Delighted with Lana Del Rey in the Mares she deserved a G1 and Word To The Wise battled bravely to hold on in the Queen Mother, a race despite all my NH success that I have never won.

On the flat grabbing the st leger was a massive bonus, the Hooded Claw ran an absolute blinder and exactly as he does in trial, loitering in last before making a punishing final charge, he was entered for this but had been poor up to now. He even looks like Belladona on paper, though the only connection in the lineage is in the great great grandparents. 80% potential when 5yo :) got to like that.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next