View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews
Firstly i need some new silks. Myself and James Shea are pretty much identical in the league.

Just finding the right ones. Will probably go with the JP McManus colours. Don't think anyone as them in the league and will be good to see his colours in the NH.

Another great day with 4 winners and a bunch of placed efforts again. This is very promising in regards to my current combined game. As previously mentioned before i'm only 4/5 generations into my bloodlines, so you can expect big improvements to come.

R25 - Daltawa Mattino (1st)

This mare is very versatile over both codes around 2m4f+. Was great to get another win on the board on day 3. Looking back at the race, myself and Gray's horse pulling away from the field by nearly 8L. Two very promising horses for season ahead.

R27 Occasionally Castle (PU)

Pull up late on in his race. I never even saw him throughout. Back to drawing boards with this one.

R28 Estertide Jubilate (1st)

Slopping jumping for most of the race, you would think she was a chaser with how high she was jumping the hurdles. This beautiful grey mare as great potential this season. Can run some flat spot but she stays on well over 2m4/2m7f over hurdlers. One to watch out for in the coming graded races.

R29 Aztec Humour (5th)

Got beaten by better horses. No excuses from me. Will see how she goes in the coming weeks. Already have better novices to upload, but will give her another chance.

R30 Stopped Chuzzlewit (3rd)

Decent run behind a very talented 4yo from Davylads stable. Happy with a 3rd place finish here. Room for improvement i hope.

R31 Answer Layne (3rd)

Another solid effort behind 2 speedy 2m chasers. Kept up with the pace and jumped well throughout the race. Happy with this result and onto week 2.

R33 Power Gamba (1st)

Made an absolute mess of the final fence and nearly came down. So to pick herself back up and win was a very pleasing run indeed. Not many can come back from a mistake like that. Good novice mare who loves Cheltenham.

R34 Dawn Runzz (1st)

B Geraghty came to me after the race smiling and said this could be a machine and would love to ride her again. This is one of my newer horses in my game and trails and shows awesome bursts of speed around 2f from home. I expect this one to go to the very top and to win on ground she doesn't like, very happy man. Will improve even more on softer ground.

R35 Subya Near (3rd)

Jumped high and was out paced for most of the race. Having gone back and done some more trails she is also very good over the bigger obstacles. Cheltenham is were she excels and comes alight. Very pleasing run all the same. Nice front running performance by the winner.

7 winners and a bunch of very good placed efforts. I wasn't expecting this at all. Seems i'm on track with my breeding in game and will be an even bigger force in week 5 when i can upload another 5 potentially good NH horses. This is a great learning for everyone involved to see where their horses are at in the league.

Thanks again for all the hard work which goes into these races for our enjoyment. The comms really add to the whole experience.

We are coming for you Leon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 am
Group 1 winner

Just 1 winner for me today but hit the bar a right few times in
Meydan (Some very promising runs) but finally came away with a Group 1

PARK ROYAL - G1 WINNER
just got back up to win the Al Quoz sprint it did not look like it near the finish
but when you see the angel from the other side she did just nick it.

We might not see her until the Kings Stand at Royal Ascot now as she can really
only run in Group 1s after that hopefully she will be a big player in the sprints
throughout the season.

Well thats week one in the bag and I think we have all learned alot
Leon is off
to a flyer and will be a very tough nut to crack and could win the grand slam
this season but will be fun trying to chase him down.

Flat team are off to a good start for me even the ones who did not win or place
ran with promise and can see them winning races and some of them big races.

As I suspected the National Hunt team are mainly handicappers a few bright moments
in week 1 but mainly will be trying to plot some big handicaps and that is kind of a new
thing for me and I am really looking forward to the challenge.

Delighted to see some of the Rookies get in the places I'd like to congratulate Dan Hughes
on his amazing Group 1 win Dan was a newcomer last season and has obviously got the
bug for the league its great to see you get off the mark in group 1 company and your horse
did it in style mate.

Finally Id like to thank Gray - Racerunners - Commentators & Handicappers and all involved that
give up so much time to make this possible and make it so enjoyable also to Leon who does an amazing
job with the site.

Wish you all the very best for the season ahead.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

First off, congrats to Dan Hughes for that G1 win, I ran that race and was cheering your horse home. Huge Win.

And congrats to Leon for cleaning up in Dubai, record breaking season in the making for your stable.

Week 1

Day 3

Flat

Well I never...........

Zulu Dawn - 1st - Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and again.

Brave New World - 2nd - Very pleased with that showing, ran much better than I had expected.

Nimrod - 20th - Front running showing but thought this would be too far, will do better in a 0-60 which is about his level.

New Jack Hustler - 10th - Also a bit oo far, not a dreadful showing, but also wants those 0-90's.

Coffee And Doughnuts - 3rd - Promising enough run, get beaten by these old horses all season is going to grate pretty soon I think.

Favourable Verdict - 6th - Not as bad as I thought sadly, probabaly rated himself out of his level for the next 4 weeks.........

Whats the Verdict - 9th - Pants, thats the verdict off to the glue factory you old puffer.

Black Rider - 11th - pfft

Jump

The only thing I dislike more than flat racing is coming sodding second............

Reap What You Sow - 4th - Light years away from the top two, but promising enough for the handicaps to follow.

Hope Springs Eternal - 3rd - Bad mistake two from home, not sure he was going to run down John very impressive front runner. Least its not 2nd.

Return of The Royal - 2nd - And so it begins

Tip Top - 2nd - ..............

Fantastic Fiction - 7th - Confirmation that breeding line needs to close. Crashed her away around, onto the handicaps my dear.

The Groom of Doom - 10th - Week five chop looms, don't see the point in wasting a slot for 4yo's right now, need a combined game.

Rumbas Last Dance - 2nd - Godamit.

Going to be All White - 3rd - Small field makes this look more flatering than it is. Always the worst of my 2m crop.

Barca - 2nd - Breath Josh, just breath.........

Test Of Faith - 2nd - Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Dominatrix - 2nd - Feck you racekit, just feck you. :)

Words That Hurt - 1st - I could give you a big sloppy kiss. Least three seasons ago for my 'Chess' Martin, 2nd in the Champion Hurdle her best result.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:26 am
Group 1 winner

NH

NH title looks like it's going to be agreat battle, which is going to make a very interesting season. I have only won the Nh title once so hopefully I can come out on top but will be tough. As I thought and said in write ups people may have caught up to me and so it has proved. I haven't improved my NH lines since trials, well not until this last season I have just finished. There was a lull as I waited for the siblings of most of the horses in my NH team to get to the right age. Anyway onto the races

White Ships 8th I was worried about heavy ground before teh race and he didn't like it one bit. Will avoid it in the future
Kentucky Fried 2nd Ran on for second but very one paced and never looked like troubling the impressive winnwer from John's stable
Swordbearer 3rd Never nearer than the finish and not very impressed with her run
Rough Weather 4th Never quite got going. Wasn't given teh bets right, but he just might not be good enough. Davy has a good one
Treasure Matters 6th Very poor rated well though so will go for handicaps until I can replace him with something better
Red Iron Nights 1st My best novice hurdle. Comfortable winner. Will run in a bumper in week 2
Volcanic Eruption fell A rare fall for her.
Beowulf fell An even rarer fall for him
Unendliche Geschtichte 1st Never looked like losing. She only ever just does enough.
Chess 3rd Lol a very poor 3rd

NH championship is tight, going to be a great season

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
First off, congrats to Dan Hughes for that G1 win, I ran that race and was cheering your horse home. Huge Win.

And congrats to Leon for cleaning up in Dubai, record breaking season in the making for your stable.

Week 1

Day 3

Flat

Well I never...........

Brave New World - 2nd - Very pleased with that showing, ran much better than I had expected.

Nimrod - 20th - Front running showing but thought this would be too far, will do better in a 0-60 which is about his level.

New Jack Hustler - 10th - Also a bit oo far, not a dreadful showing, but also wants those 0-90's.

Coffee And Doughnuts - 3rd - Promising enough run, get beaten by these old horses all season is going to grate pretty soon I think.

Favourable Verdict - 6th - Not as bad as I thought sadly, probabaly rated himself out of his level for the next 4 weeks.........

Whats the Verdict - 9th - Pants, thats the verdict off to the glue factory you old puffer.

Jump

The only thing I dislike more than flat racing is coming sodding second............

Reap What You Sow - 4th - Light years away from the top two, but promising enough for the handicaps to follow.

Hope Springs Eternal - 3rd - Bad mistake two from home, not sure he was going to run down John very impressive front runner. Least its not 2nd.

Fantastic Fiction - 7th - Confirmation that breeding line needs to close. Crashed her away around, onto the handicaps my dear.

The Groom of Doom - 10th - Week five chop looms, don't see the point in wasting a slot for 4yo's right now, need a combined game.

Going to be All White - 3rd - Small field makes this look more flatering than it is. Always the worst of my 2m crop.

Words That Hurt - 1st - I could give you a big sloppy kiss. Least three seasons ago for my 'Chess' Martin, 2nd in the Champion Hurdle her best result.

We cannot let you have all the fun and glory Josh it wouldn't be fair.

The veteran is back in action :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:14 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:

Week 1

Day 3

Flat

Well I never...........

Jump

This is quality

must admit i shouted at 4 of my jockeys this morning feckin clowns some of them

NOTHINGS CHANGED :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Well what a complete and utter total disaster that was !!

30 flat horses and my best finish was 7th and about 20 now boast the form figure 0. Not quite sure what to make of it as most horses have full bars in speed and acc and the majority are 90+ on potential. All pretty bewildering and quite disappointing as I was just breaking into the second tier in SO6 and won the Winter Derby and a couple of week one maidens last season so kind of thought I knew what I was doing and might do ok.

Did a little better over the jumps with a 2nd a 3rd and a couple of 4ths but again a mile behind where I was on SO6.

Not really worth mentioning any horses as the ones that did ok weren't the expected ones. Hopefully the jumps will be ok once the handicaps kick in and I may spend a bit of time trying to find a few new ones for the NH (Can I have all 10 transfers on jumps please !! :lol: as I can't see any hope of success on the flat)

Thanks for all the kind words about the commentaries and thanks to Doug for sticking at it despite having no stable. Thanks also to Nick for stepping in and helping. Hope you are up for a few more next week. Finally I am still working on everyones favourite grumbler Mr Stu Grey and hoping he will come back and do some commentating on the NH side. Especially as next week is his favourite race and the Hunter chases start as well and we al know how much he enjoys educating us about obscure point to point places.

All together now … after 3 … we want Stu …. we want Stu :lol: :lol:

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:

30 flat horses and my best finish was 7th and about 20 now boast the form figure 0. Not quite sure what to make of it as most horses have full bars in speed and acc and the majority are 90+ on potential. All pretty bewildering and quite disappointing as I was just breaking into the second tier in SO6 and won the Winter Derby and a couple of week one maidens last season so kind of thought I knew what I was doing and might do ok.

Did a little better over the jumps with a 2nd a 3rd and a couple of 4ths but again a mile behind where I was on SO6.

Not really worth mentioning any horses as the ones that did ok weren't the expected ones. Hopefully the jumps will be ok once the handicaps kick in and I may spend a bit of time trying to find a few new ones for the NH (Can I have all 10 transfers on jumps please !! :lol: as I can't see any hope of success on the flat)

Thanks for all the kind words about the commentaries and thanks to Doug for sticking at it despite having no stable. Thanks also to Nick for stepping in and helping. Hope you are up for a few more next week. Finally I am still working on everyones favourite grumbler Mr Stu Grey and hoping he will come back and do some commentating on the NH side. Especially as next week is his favourite race and the Hunter chases start as well and we al know how much he enjoys educating us about obscure point to point places.

Yes WE WANT STU :lol:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:

take a look at my jumps team :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yes Stu please.

Martin it only takes 1 gamebred monster to totally transform your lines so hopefully you will get one soon

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:47 pm
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:
Yes Stu please.

Martin it only takes 1 gamebred monster to totally transform your lines so hopefully you will get one soon

This is spot on, u can improve 10L with the right gamebreed. I had a look and i've only played 10 seasons this year and i've not bred a flat horse since early March, find that one horse and u can jump forward.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Will continue to do comms for the season Martin if needed. Just let me know on a weekly basis which ones you need me to do, as mentioned before flat only (although if you are planning to do the National comms where each commentator does a section of the race I'd be bang up for that again!), 10-15 a week maximum will suffice but if you need extra help just ask!

Nick

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:57 pm
Group 1 winner

This game in league mode just takes one good horse or rather one good colt. My jumps stable a good example of that, you just need to get lucky. It is not so much about time as what your offered to breed with, and game stars are not often the answer. Be prepared to walk away from a line you think is good to try something new. Look for lightly raced horses with high win percentages, most of all stick with it, when you find that CK monster you will know it as it will beat everything else you have.

And get your arse back here Mr Grey, as much as anyone these are the changes you wanted to see.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
And get your arse back here Mr Grey, as much as anyone these are the changes you wanted to see.

:lol: If only my arse could move a mouse.

I hopefully will be back RR this week and to stop Martin (he cant do 50+ a week) going on at me, the league may have to listen to my comms again, tho I promise to be good for those who may not want me back :wink: (you can always mute!)

A stable is unlikely, not for the want of one but health has dictated this.

It looks as though the proposed changes to the league have been positive and total domination will be a thing of the past, but lets see how the league progresses.

Imagine how frustrating it is not having a stable and not be being able to "moan" its driving me nuts! :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:44 am
Group 1 winner

You would like the new format. You don't need massive seasons to get a good horse. One amazing game bred can give you awesome horses and that game horse could come at any time. Got one early in my game and another one a bit later both totally transformed my stable. Also a second season trainer, Dan Hughes, won the dubai world cup, which is a massive plus

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next