View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews
seaf81 wrote:
Just want to say a big thanks to all the effort that goes in to the online league. Really enjoy the commentary and as much as my horses are coming last at the moment I’m really looking forward to getting more seasons done to hopefully be able to compete soon. I’ve even set up a group sweepstake with 10 mates where we all pick a horse out of a hat and we have 50p on each race.. (gives me something to cheer for lol). Keep up the good work guys! Loving so7! Have a good season!

Hang in there Mate.
2 1/2 seasons ago i was in your shoes, yeah its a struggle but it lit a fire in my belly and the next season i was fighting it out in the group races.
As your horses get their ratings all it takes is a rail run and you will score a win in the handicaps.
The first 2 weeks are always cut throat.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:24 am
Group 1 winner

seaf81 wrote:
Just want to say a big thanks to all the effort that goes in to the online league. Really enjoy the commentary and as much as my horses are coming last at the moment I’m really looking forward to getting more seasons done to hopefully be able to compete soon. I’ve even set up a group sweepstake with 10 mates where we all pick a horse out of a hat and we have 50p on each race.. (gives me something to cheer for lol). Keep up the good work guys! Loving so7! Have a good season!

Aim all your horses towards the low handicap/rated races and keep racing them in those races - things will happen - some of your horses will find themselves in the right race at the right time and trust me, you and your mates will be cheering it home like you're at Ascot.

Keep breeding.....keep racing and keep having fun.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:47 pm
Group 1 winner

No flat runners today and one of my best chasers falling , I better get use to that :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's been surprising Woodland Flower now has a second and a win to her name , she's by a game stallion and is just about the only horse I've breed over 2m4 and so she has not run in any trials but she looked very good in game . The jumps game is easier to read than the flat game. :D :D

Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Flat game is driving me nuts, just cannot find that break out horse to breed with and my fillies are mostly garbage. Have breed another 180 in the last two days all of which are ready to be hitched up to a plough. :)

Day one write up to follow at some point.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Week 2

Day 1

Flat

Any win on the flat for me marks a good day.

Favourable Verdict -8th - Or not. Put himself in an ideal position, simply outpaced.

Wants to Stay Forever - 4th - Not a dreadful showing but always outpaced. Will do better in the handicaps.

Whiskey Marmalade - 4th - Cannot fault that effort either and in listed company. Good late headway. Just need to find that one horse to lift the team to the next level.

Dimension of Time - 1st - The sold and gelded version has now won back to back Melbourne Cups and I thought my 2m crop, after week 1, might not be bad. Only a 0-90 but happy with any win and he did it well

New Jack Hustler - 3rd - Again a solid performance albeit in a 0-90. Will maybe sneak a win at some point.

Its A Trap - 23rd - No it is just rubbish.

Doughnuts for Frank - 8th - Remains a disappointment and really undelines the flaws in my flat team.

Derby Day & Dantes Inferno - 10th & 11th - Both need handicaps neither is up to snuff off even weights. Dantes Inferno who was gelded and sold has now accumlated 9 G1 wins in game. Game form pfft.

Zulu Dawn - 5th - Always going to be too short, needs 1m plus probably 1.2m, but no disgrace. Has bred a few promising sorts in my last cycle.

Jump

Picked up from where I left off on Day 3 Week 1. Too many sodding seconds.

Word To The Wise - 1st - Another brutal front running performance, responded well when challenged in the closing stages to make it two from two. Has recently bred something that looks very special with my other week one winner Floats Like a Sommerfly. Maybe look for 'The Monster' in week 5.

Tip Top - 3rd - Very decent performance and nothing much to split the top three. No complaints with that.

Barca - 2nd - Two runs two seconds. Cannot really fault the effort, just likely beaten by a better horse on the day.

The Groom of Doom - 3rd - Well bugger me with a stick and call me borris.........................still it is a leap year.

All Looks Good - 5th - Not with my 2.4m chasers it does not. Had expected a little more from them, this one especially. Handicap was ok too. Disappointing again.

Bride of Doom - 2nd - Beat the LVR machine, thats like a win in itself, but had to find one other who hit a purple patch too.

Test Of Faith - 2nd - Did everything I would have wanted, out jumped at the business end. Another with two 2nds to his name. Back to the barn, daddy needs to find a new 3m monster.

Archangel - 2nd - Who would have thunk it another sodding second............slow last jump cost him the race.

Hope Springs Eternal - 4th - Phew, did not think I could cope with another 2nd. Wide run and some sloppy jumping ended any chance before halfway.

Rumbas Last Dance - 4th - Respectable enough, she is someway off my top two 2m chasers, and there is a Monster looming in the wings.

Josh

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Much better day today, plenty of good runs!

Swift Rumble - 4th - Stayed on for a solid 4th in the highest grade. Hopefully can pick up a graded race somewhere but King's Stand is the aim.

Party At The Post - 11th - Ran respectably and better than the result on paper.

Chocolate Pioneer - 3rd - Excellent run in suiting conditions, may yet go to Royal Ascot for something like the Windsor Castle.

Seventy Star - 10th - Very worried now, but hopefully there will be a chance in a very low handicap.

Caltide - 5th - another solid run, think she has Queens Vase/Ebor written all over her but I'd like to get her over two miles at somepoint.

Swift As Air - 3rd - Another big run and likely to race at the highest level with the Foret on the agenda.

Fantara - 3rd - Big run and came clear of the pack, hopefully she's good enough for a run in the Albany.

Carnelian - 14th - Very meh run, hopefully he can bounce back.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 pm
Handicapper

Well done all,
hopefully my horses get better as they are all running last, bit annoying but ill get them in a easy enough race but will be hard work :lol:

Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:20 pm
Group 2 winner

Another disappointing day for me, few poor runs, 2 to note;

Kaiping Scrapp - Ended up about 8th, but not a million miles off an staying on, despite running about 10 wide the whole way

Hanghu Leary - 2nd an a 1st now, looks a decent horse, shows the same quality at home up to 2m4, an looks like it needs further than the 2m it just won over. Tempted to take it the Gold Cup now

Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Week 2
Day 1

Nice winner on the flat with Rosiemary in a field of about 1 million horses. Lively Oaks contender after that i think.

3 winners in the NH. Have a Triumph Hurdle hopeful and a Champion Hurdle contender.

Week 2
Day 2

Shocking day at the office. Nothing worth mentioning.

Maybe tomorrow will bring about a change of luck.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:19 am
Group 1 winner

4 winners on day 2 of week 2 (2 in each code)

PARK ROYAL - 2nd G1 Win
2 from 2 and her 2nd group one victory that has to be my most impressive
performance in a group one ever came home on the bridal she really is a star.
Might be the Kings Stand at Royal Ascot next.

OLYMPIC DREAMS - Maiden Winner
My 2 year old 5 furlong sprinter is off the mark on debut and the Norfolk
Stakes at Royal Ascot is his main target.

TIGERMOTH - 2nd Bumper Win
Makes all again to win his 2nd bumper of the season again very brave to hold on
I think he will be vulnrable up the hill at Cheltenham he almost ran out of petrol
this time but held on.

SIR MICHAEL CAINE - Maiden Winner
6th on debut and managed to get off the mark this week I'd say after that he
will have to step into graded company after winning by 2 lengths not sure he is
Grade 1 material but a nice prospect going forward and I dont have too many
of them in the jumps team.

Huge thanks to all involved

Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:13 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

cant buy a win at the mo tho had a few good runs from sprinters/milers tho anything up is struggling roll on the h/capps

Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 pm
Group 3 winner

Baile West rescued my chasers this week, I think my horses fall a lot in game and it's started that way in the league. With Furzen falling I could plot a course to the National and get a low weight but that's not how I work, the group1 race at the festival is still the aim with him. It was good to see Colzean win and now it's on to the welsh and ascot gold cups.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Another mixed day for me but over the moon with a winner and a G1 second

Post Girl World - 1st - one of the last in the stable to make the cut and managed a win so happy with that, arguably prefers 1m1f which played to her favour but with Creme Carnations 2nd in the G1 she maybe isn't as bad as I'd thought as she gets close to her at home.

Diamond Law - 8th - flew home from the back but the mile is probably too short.

Kaskmark - 22nd - not sure what went wrong here, will hopefully get a good mark to play with.

Coniferous - 8th - Expected better but drawn wide and went wide whole way around, there will be chances for him.

Alysson Felix - 10th - finished better than bare result, depending on mark she'll either go to the Guineas or a handicap.

Creme Carnation 2nd - Wasn't expecting that at all! Awesome run and something like the Duke Of Cambridge at Ascot has her name written all other it.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:35 pm
Handicapper

another frustrating day today, all last or second last.

hopefully next week i will get some horse to shine!

great commentary.
well done to everyone.

also i think we are missing 3 races on the NH
R30
R31
R32

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:42 pm
Group 2 winner

2 winners picked up today

Hanun Colony - low Handicap, but for trouble in running it would have been about 3-4 lengths I reckon, hopefully that will help it's mark to pick up another H'cap or 2.

Phar Mai Blue - Astonishingly a winner on the NH side. I've only played 4-5 seasons of this game and my whole NH team are game bred horses to help me to decide what I should use to bread, guess this guy's in now

Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next