View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 League/kit improvements suggestions thread. 
Site Admin

Post League/kit improvements suggestions thread.
Please post any suggestions for improvements to the league/kit here rather than the development forum. Posting on threads on the main forum may end up with your suggestions getting lost.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:13 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League/kit improvements suggestions thread.
I hate pressing the skip trial races because I think it gives out bad results and when u watch them in full but makes it goes quicker it can still take time so can we have a even faster speed button when running races in CK.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:23 am
Group 1 winner

Here are some points

1. Multi select to add to a group folder. Its really tedious adding 30 horses individually to a folder. Basically like windows so you can drag and drop multi selected into folders or add to folders

2. Allow same horse of different age to run against itself. really hard to determine best age for a horse now.

3. Add 6yo only and 7yo only race filter, currently stops at 5. With Nh changes meaning horses are better at older this would be nice

4. Fix the Irish jumps courses as they don't go past 1m7 at present

5. When you select a foreign course run a race, delete some and go back to race it has gone back to UK. So for example you have to select France all over again. Can it please stay on the selected course

6. Same thing happens when you select a chase, go delete some horses and come back race will be hurdles again or flat depending on course. Can it please stay on chase or the orginal selection

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:27 am
Group 1 winner

Not a big problem but agree with comments above I have entered horses in the League that was exported with Visors They don't show up in the race kit races neither does any additional blinkers etc. I have never been sure if these gadgets work but just in case can you sort that out and Mark any chance in the future we can have different colour Blinkers etc all the horses wearing same Blinkers and nose band a bit boring a trainer could design his own Blinkers.

Gray

Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

don't know if this is just my game but get random crashes at Newmarket in game and ck

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:09 pm
Group 1 winner

2 more points

1. After you run a race and the results appear. If you click on the horse the game crashes. Either the link needs to be fixed or removed if that is not possible

2. I'm not sure if this is possible. But it would be nice if the races in the ck store the form results. With the ability to clear the form if required. Even if the form is just stored for the current session. It would make it easier to decide who has performed well over a number of races

The most important change is to remove the tedious adding of 1 horse at at a time to a group. I export some 450 horse each season for trials and its is really painful moving horses into groups

Either a check box next to horse to allow multi horses to be added. Or some sort of drag and drop to move a large nymber of horses

Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:57 am
Group 1 winner

I agree 100% with the above comments.

This would make it so much more enjoyable and less time consuming. Having 100s of horses can take hours to filter out into they distance folders for trails.

I would also add the ability to be able to export multiply horses within the game. Even thought the export all function is good if you have horses out to grass and injured, they too get exported when they are not ready for trailing and need another 1/2 season at least.

This is more so for the NH game than the Flat, but either would make it easier. You have to go into the CK to delete the horses out on grass.

All in all this would streamline the game and make it less of a timely task each season and definitely more enjoyable.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:08 am
Group 1 winner

I know its probably a 0% chance but I'd love to be able to run 2 or more races at the same time , that would save a lot of time. :D :D

Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:16 am
Group 1 winner

Not quite the CK but the racekit. The 4th place display in the race kit is incorrect. Always displays the incorrect horse as finishing 4th, normally a random horse, even the same horse that finished in the first 3.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:31 pm
Group 3 winner

Both the CK and the race runners kit sometimes bugs when in a dead heat and calls the gap as 1 3/4 lengths instead.
Its a real shame when this happens in a League race.
An example.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEuEZH3A6PM&list=PLtAqpiPW--wluVYWbvWJU6zdu8EEcVjah&index=2

Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:32 pm
Group 3 winner

just a quick one .. i tried to enter a horse in league named Portia's Delight but could enter because of the symble ' in name and we are not allowed to change the name of horses so if possible can this be take of horses names to enter in league
so Portias Delight would look like that

Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:30 pm
Group 2 winner

These are probably unimportant and impossible but speaking from a league commentators point of view it would be good if it was possible to change the jockey caps in the race kit to another colour if people are using the same silks. Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate if there are more than one in the same silks or two are from the same stable.

Also the fences negotiated graphic would be more use if it had fences remaining as sometimes it doesn't change over until some time after the previous fence has been negotiated.

Otherwise I agree with al the things posted above especially the racing the same horse against itself at different ages in the CK.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
First of all thanks to all of those who put in the hard work to make the league so enjoyable. The commentaries especially are of the highest quality.

Now the league is underway I would remind everyone that strictly speaking we are still in the 'testing phase' although so far only small kit tweaks have come up. My big concern was that the pace improvements and jockey AI tweaks that came along with SO7 would possibly result in results being heavily biased towards front runners but from what I can see this is not the case. It looked like maybe the balance is right but it's something to keep an eye on.

So as stated before post any issues that are specific to this league in the thread here. It will be easier for me to keep track of if the posts are in one place. http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/vi ... 16&t=19105

Some suggestions

1. In my game front runners win almost all group 1's. I have to use challenge early to win a group 1 on the flat. It may be why game and CK form vary as this does not happen in CK. On the plus side I know my hold up horses are good if they manage to win group 1's on the flat. NH doesn't seem as bad

2. Horses go too many horses wide on the bend sometiomes 10 or 12 wide. Even in small fiields where this is not necessary. Jockeys will go very wide.

3. Horses shift across to allow horses to pass them on the inside. And this sends horses further wide on the outside. There is no way a jockey will do this in reality. It happens very often

4. Jockey sits motionless as loads of horses pass the horse he is riding. I think the horse may be getting outpaced, but can the jockey at least be animated as it looks like he/she is simply not trying

Those are all I can think of right now. Hopefully that helps

Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:52 pm
Group 3 winner

This was from a different thread about how some new players missed the "league game: option and were eliminated from taking part , but i hope it would be possible one day. :)

Jango wrote:
Satyam wrote:
It definitely would be better if starters orders new game would be default league mode and the user has an option to uncheck it if he does not want to play league. Else we would be loosing a lot of new trainers.

For League players that would be ideal, but i think it would just fire up the "Anti League" trainers.
Also runs the risk of the unknowing beginner player missing out on the features of the Non League game.

Making it that a player MUST select one of the options, League or Non League game, would be a good catch all and also make new players aware that there is a League.
Something like this....

Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm
Group 1 winner

The above is a good idea. Will make things much clearer

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next