View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 League/kit improvements suggestions thread. 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League/kit improvements suggestions thread.
Lordedaw wrote:
Hemz wrote:
The above improvements would be very sweet.

Also below from another post would make it more enjoyable and speed up the process of in game play.

All these improvement would even make it easier for new players wanting to join the league. As we've seen you don't need many season to get something competitive. It's finding that base stallion to move thing's on quicker.

Hemz wrote:
I agree Leon it's made it a lot easier. Another feature which i think would be great and make it even more enjoyable is to be able to breed multiple stallion at any one time.

So for instant your first pairing will breed first and so on after that. You could literally do all your breeding in one go and not worry about it throughout the season.

I believe this would be an awesome feature and speed up the in game even more.

This is something I have thought would be good for a while. It would make it almost like a proper 'book of mares' as they used to say. Each stallion could have a certain number of slots per breeding season and you could slot the mares in in the order of preference. Then you would just have to check back periodically to see how far they were getting through the list with some stallions having a higher fertility rate. You would also need to have the ability to move and add to the list as you bought new broodmares or retired horses through the season. An alert to say the pairing ha been used before similar to the inbreeding one would be useful too.

I think it should be unlimited for a stallion to cover has many as possible. You can easily get to 100s of horses after playing 20/30 seasons.

The alert warning been more obvious would be another great feature instead of the flashing left indicator.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:20 am
Group 1 winner

I think its good that u can race u horse against each other to find its best age , it will mean running more trials though :lol: :lol:

I've got to admit im against a lot of the other things being said in here , it feels like we trying to make the game go quicker so u can get through more seasons but to me it feels like u trying to get the game back to a ttfs style game where u can breed millions and move on quicker . Its a slippery slop and we could end up back where we started from. It feels like people are trying to suck the fun out of the game again and we know what happens then.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:15 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I think its good that u can race u horse against each other to find its best age , it will mean running more trials though :lol: :lol:

I've got to admit im against a lot of the other things being said in here , it feels like we trying to make the game go quicker so u can get through more seasons but to me it feels like u trying to get the game back to a ttfs style game where u can breed millions and move on quicker . Its a slippery slop and we could end up back where we started from. It feels like people are trying to suck the fun out of the game again and we know what happens then.

No just removing the tedious stuff, which makes game less fun and more like hardwork and probably also deterring new players. Season is still taking me a long time. I managed a massive total of 2 seasons this week, but trialing was a pleasure rather than the tediousness of adding horses one at a time to a group. I will manage to get 2 seasons in before week 5 and that will have to do. Just can't play at the pace of some other people as a.) Don't have the time and b.) I actually like to watch a load of races in game.

And to be honest I don't think you need to. I have loads from before season 25 ( and I autoran 5 seasons so only 20 played) in the league and they doing well. A great game horse early on and your horses can run really well in league

And GI Joe was bred before season 30, and he is a real monster

Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:21 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

No just removing the tedious stuff, which makes game less fun and more like hardwork and probably also deterring new players. Season is still taking me a long time. I managed a massive total of 2 seasons this week, but trialing was a pleasure rather than the tediousness of adding horses one at a time to a group. I will manage to get 2 seasons in before week 5 and that will have to do. Just can't play at the pace of some other people as a.) Don't have the time and b.) I actually like to watch a load of races in game.

And to be honest I don't think you need to. I have loads from before season 25 ( and I autoran 5 seasons so only 20 played) in the league and they doing well. A great game horse early on and your horses can run really well in league

I disagree because by making the game quicker the top players from this year will be so far in advance that anyone starting new next year will be so far behind they will have no chance to catch up and probably stop playing . This feels like people want to get back into a nuclear arms race again , cut out things that slow them down so they can get the good horses quicker . The quicker the game play the quicker u get u horses rated around 100% and the less chance any one new has to keep up . New plays cant get their horses rated high enough to keep up with the best players in here, we all pros that know the game inside out . U only have to see in the other forum new players don't really know the game and lot are complaining about how hard it is .

Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 pm
Handicapper

I think I'm in agreement with Ghostzapper74.

I disagree with the statement that new players would be put off by the inability to breed hundreds of horses very quickly. Myself I have only been breeding 15-20 horses a season. There isn't enough races to enter hundreds of horses in so it's not really in the spirit of the game.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:

I disagree with the statement that new players would be put off by the inability to breed hundreds of horses very quickly. Myself I have only been breeding 15-20 horses a season. There isn't enough races to enter hundreds of horses in so it's not really in the spirit of the game.

Depends what you play. If you only playing flat then yes. If you playing combined then it's different. I only have about 15 or so over 4's running on the flat. But NH you have novices, hurdles, chases, juveniles so lots of horses is fine. My game is geared for NH, flat is an afterthought but a big stable to play both is the only way I could play both as don't have time for 2 games.

Are you both saying that you want all the tedious clicking in the game. Even if I wasn't playing the league I would find some of these things annoying. Game should be fun and not dominated by monotony. Watching races, plannning breeding etc. Not scrolling through 500 horses to find your injured every few days or clicking 30+ horses individually to add them to groups. Anyway game is way more pleasant now.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:

At this moment its a tactical game where if u have 200 mares in u barn it will take u longer to play a game than someone having 50 mares, u have to pick how u breed but if its a free for all breeding barn then there's no tactics in it . The most a stallion can breed is if u lucky to 40-50 mares a year but if a stallion could be used many times a day then u could use 1 stallion for every horse in u barn , there is no tactics in that . Under that system ( like the ttfs) find 1 great horse and breed it to everyone . The way the game is played now is u have to use u brain to breed and work out how u going improve u horses with u stallion or the computer ones. If the game is easy then u get to a stage like the last few start orders game where the computer stallions will be useless and u wont need to breed to them . In the last few starter orders games I used the computer stallions for the first three months and never needed to use them again because my horses were just to far in front to help me.

U have to use u brain to play this game the way it is now but lets be frank a brain dead zombie could have bred horses with the ttfs , it was just a case of rinse and repeat.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry yes I definitely agree with that.

Breeding is fine as is. 100's of mares to stallion would be back to ttf so no good.

I thought you were talking about the tedious clicking. No stallions should be limited as they are now. The most my stallions get a season is 9 or 10 anyway.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:26 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Dhughes wrote:

At this moment its a tactical game where if u have 200 mares in u barn it will take u longer to play a game than someone having 50 mares, u have to pick how u breed but if its a free for all breeding barn then there's no tactics in it . The most a stallion can breed is if u lucky to 40-50 mares a year but if a stallion could be used many times a day then u could use 1 stallion for every horse in u barn , there is no tactics in that . Under that system ( like the ttfs) find 1 great horse and breed it to everyone . The way the game is played now is u have to use u brain to breed and work out how u going improve u horses with u stallion or the computer ones. If the game is easy then u get to a stage like the last few start orders game where the computer stallions will be useless and u wont need to breed to them . In the last few starter orders games I used the computer stallions for the first three months and never needed to use them again because my horses were just to far in front to help me.

U have to use u brain to play this game the way it is now but lets be frank a brain dead zombie could have bred horses with the ttfs , it was just a case of rinse and repeat.

What I was suggesting was just being able to have all that info that we keep on a piece of paper on a screen instead. I know you work with paper John because I remember when we did that interview a few years ago. What I do is get a notebook have a page per stallion and then make a list on each stallions page of the mares I want to send to it that season. Working from my best ones down to my worst. Then when the mating is complete I tick it and breed him with the next one. My suggestion was that if that was available on a screen I could type it in there instead of using a notebook and that if it was automated so it went on to the next one without you needing to click it it would be less tedious. Wasn't suggesting you should be able to breed with hundreds of mares. Not sure what the maximum is you can do now in a year but it would be exactly the same. Is it still 2 weeks per pairing like it was in SO6, if so that would be a maximum of 26 mares to each stallion. The number of mares you could send to each stallion wouldn't be higher as the mating time frame would be the same. Would just mean you could plan your seasons breeding, or the majority of it, in one sitting and input it. It is no different to writing it in a book really.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Sorry yes I definitely agree with that.

Breeding is fine as is. 100's of mares to stallion would be back to ttf so no good.

I thought you were talking about the tedious clicking. No stallions should be limited as they are now. The most my stallions get a season is 9 or 10 anyway.

After I ran my trials I went and had a look at all the breeding of them horses and since dec22 I've only played 10 seasons and most of my best horses came from Encosta About but I have totally messed my breeding up in those 10 seasons and I'm left with totally crap ( breeding with the wrong sires) because I didn't run any trials and I don't think my star stayer Colzean Bazaar will breed any more good horses and improve them and unlike the last game I could have gone back all the time as many times as I wanted and repeated the breeding . My only hope might be his son McBirney Empire carrying his line on but hes not a 2m4 horse . I might never breed another horse over 2m4 better than Colzean , :cry: :cry: Encosta influence in my breeding is on the wain and I'm just hoping his son Directing can keep it going or my game will go backwards :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
Dhughes wrote:

What I was suggesting was just being able to have all that info that we keep on a piece of paper on a screen instead. I know you work with paper John because I remember when we did that interview a few years ago. What I do is get a notebook have a page per stallion and then make a list on each stallions page of the mares I want to send to it that season. Working from my best ones down to my worst. Then when the mating is complete I tick it and breed him with the next one. My suggestion was that if that was available on a screen I could type it in there instead of using a notebook and that if it was automated so it went on to the next one without you needing to click it it would be less tedious. Wasn't suggesting you should be able to breed with hundreds of mares. Not sure what the maximum is you can do now in a year but it would be exactly the same. Is it still 2 weeks per pairing like it was in SO6, if so that would be a maximum of 26 mares to each stallion. The number of mares you could send to each stallion wouldn't be higher as the mating time frame would be the same. Would just mean you could plan your seasons breeding, or the majority of it, in one sitting and input it. It is no different to writing it in a book really.

U want to see the state of my computer table with so much paper and crap written on it :lol: :lol: I think if u could tick them in a breeding barn and let the computer get on with it wouldn't be a bad idea instead of every 6 or 7th day going in and clicking another one . Whats the most u could breed to now about 40 in a season if a horse finishes once every time and that's probably about the right number because probably 10 of those are useless any way with no potential . I think the way the league game is set up is by far the best its ever been and u don't have to play 40 hours a week to be at/near the top and u can find a gem anywhere at any time to improve u game.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm
Handicapper

A queuing system would be fine, so you would select a stallion to breed with Mare A, Mare B and Mare C. Mare A would take 2 weeks (as usual), then the stallion automatically moves on to Mare B in weeks 3-4, and then Mare C in weeks 5-6. A stallion shouldn't be able to cover any additional mares than it can do now, but it would save you going in and making a selection every two weeks.

I think I was objecting to selecting a stallion and breeding him to 100's of mares in a single week.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:25 pm
Group 2 winner

Dhughes wrote:
A queuing system would be fine, so you would select a stallion to breed with Mare A, Mare B and Mare C. Mare A would take 2 weeks (as usual), then the stallion automatically moves on to Mare B in weeks 3-4, and then Mare C in weeks 5-6. A stallion shouldn't be able to cover any additional mares than it can do now, but it would save you going in and making a selection every two weeks.

I think I was objecting to selecting a stallion and breeding him to 100's of mares in a single week.

Yes, a queueing system, that is exactly what I meant. Would save a lot of clicking and moving from screen to screen. You would still have the option of course of selecting 'repeat unsuccessful pairings' or not so there would still be a degree of time management involved to make sure the stallion completed his allotted mares in time. None of it would give anyone an advantage or anything, would just be more efficient.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Dhughes wrote:

Yes, a queueing system, that is exactly what I meant. Would save a lot of clicking and moving from screen to screen. You would still have the option of course of selecting 'repeat unsuccessful pairings' or not so there would still be a degree of time management involved to make sure the stallion completed his allotted mares in time. None of it would give anyone an advantage or anything, would just be more efficient.

That's what i was getting at, like a Queuing system for the breeding barn.

I'm just trying to simplify things for everyone in the league. The days of the TTF which i never used back in the day. I think lots will be in agreement it could be less time consuming and tedious work.

The latest updates are very promising and makes it much better now.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Hopefully it’s not a major fix but I have a couple,

1. Can we make the gallops a straight track, as currently I have 30-40 2yo and I use the gallop to see the best but currently the gallop at is on a bend. Could we make 5f,6f,7f gallop track straight with no draw bias?

2. Can we have an email alert or something to show that a horse needs diagnosis as with 200 horses it’s hard to scroll up and down every couple of days to see if any are injured,

And lastly l have to totally agree with the suggestion of queing stallion breeding at the beginning, would be so much better than every 7 days clicking on breeding screen to choose a mare! It’s a must I think

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next