View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Breeding Help 
Selling plater

Post Breeding Help
Hi i'm not new to the game as such but i have never been able to breed anything good or close to 100% potential i usually get frustrated and just delete my game after not being able to come up with anything. I have a current saved game with 2 decent enough mares in the barn but all my yearlings come out looking near enough the same can anyone advise on what i should be doing? I have tried breeding to multiple different in game stallions but with no luck.

https://imgur.com/a/x93anwo mare 1
https://imgur.com/a/8AsGUHS mare 2

https://imgur.com/a/qpK7Hz1 2yr old 1
https://imgur.com/a/rWKfnxW 2yr old 2

This is probably the best to come out of anything i have bread but he trials awful.
https://imgur.com/a/jVodbRm 5yr old

Thu May 07, 2020 11:40 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding Help
Is this a flat game, I play combined so my game info may be different

Those 2yo's look like mine. I don't have anything full potential under the age of 5. But the 80% ones are doing ok in the league. Best is just to keep playing. Go to all auctions buy anything that has won a group race. If still, young and potential and other bars are bad just sell it straight away. Old ones keep as their potential bar may have been high. Ignore their offspring history as I have found amazing mares where the ai hasn't had much success. Buy as many group winning game mares as you can, only keep the ones with decent stats

Go to the breeding menu. Top left. Click on the 3 horses so the single horse is highlighted. Sort by group wins. This will give you a list of stallions producing best horses in game. Breed with these not the ones who have one the most group races. Follow horses that you see running well in game, breed with these when they enter the barn. Use the drop down menu to go to the other countries. Look for the top stallion there as well. In my game France normally has something decent.

If you get lucky you will find a stallion that improves your bars and performance a lot. When this happens send loads of mares his way. Make you sure you autorun 5 season when starting a new game so there is some form. You should be able to get a decent stable together in under 30 seasons, including the 5 autoran seasons. I have a lot of horses in my team from pre 30 seasons and they are all running well in the league.

As age doesn't matter in the breeding barn on S07, you have lots of time to use the excellent stats available to you.

Once you have decent horses you cna start concentrating on other things. In my case it is improving acceleration for my hold up horses, improving jumping and agility and getting more soft ground horses. In So7 it is still worth going to the auctions no matter how long you have been playing for. I even have a game bred in my league team. Never had that before in any other versions of SO

Oh and trial every season as you want to breed with the ones who trial well and not the ones who run well in game. Early on in the game there can be a huge variance in game and trial performance

Thu May 07, 2020 11:57 am
Group 2 winner

What are the Colts you're breeding with mate? Early on in the breeding process those mares looks ideal. I'd be using them with all the best game stallions in the breeding barn. It will take a while but you will hopefully find one that improves the potential line. Personally I go through all the foreign horses and try and find one that has a high win %. Doesn't need to have won loads of group 1's, although that helps, but 3 group1 wins from a total of 6 races or something I've found are the hidden gems. I spend 10-15 minutes at the start of every season now, looking through the game stallions to see which ones to use that year. It's still hit an miss, but the more you do it, the more you will start to figure out what ones are likely to produce. Also use the UK horses obviously, use the same technique, although I've found the superstar ones with over 10 group1 wins are best for these.

On a side note regarding potential line. I don't think getting 100% is vital in this version. I haven't got any solid 100 potential lines in mine yet. I get the odd one. But I do have a league group1 winner that only had 85% potential. Most of mine are coming out around 95+ now. I'd say to aim realistically for anything above 90

Thu May 07, 2020 12:06 pm
Group 2 winner

Haha differing advice on the group winning horses to use :lol: :lol: :lol: Look at the league and definitely go with Leon :)

What I will say, and this is more as a conversation point to you Leon. I have found that the very best 'Super Colts' I've found, have had high group wins themselves, and produced loads of winners as offspring. If you do it your way, on the top producing horses unfortunately some horses only get put in the barn for a few seasons, and this way you would miss them completely because he would be gone by the time his offspring are doing all their winning

Thu May 07, 2020 12:11 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Haha differing advice on the group winning horses to use :lol: :lol: :lol: Look at the league and definitely go with Leon :)

What I will say, and this is more as a conversation point to you Leon. I have found that the very best 'Super Colts' I've found, have had high group wins themselves, and produced loads of winners as offspring. If you do it your way, on the top producing horses unfortunately some horses only get put in the barn for a few seasons, and this way you would miss them completely because he would be gone by the time his offspring are doing all their winning

Yes that's why I follow horses and breed with these as well. The ones I like how they run in the game or who run really quick times or jump well.

But when starting out or just in general these charts are good.

Jake Antonius won 2 group 1's in game, but has taken some of my sprinting horses to almost 100% potential and all sprint winners in my trials are now from him

Royals Stop has improved my acceleration bar to almsot 100%. Never won a race in game

Thu May 07, 2020 12:22 pm
Group 2 winner

How many races did Jake run in Leon? Think that's what I was getting at when I say look at the ratio of wins to runs for the foreign horses. I find the best Foreign horses breeding wise don't always get kept long. So best to use the ones with good win ratios rather than just how many group1s they won.

There are probably many ways to find these 'super colts', early on especially it's about throwing darts, but educated darts if that makes sense. I wish I knew at the start of my games what I know now. I think it would have saved me about 20 seasons easy.

Is jake Atonius your horse or a game horse you've used a lot?

Thu May 07, 2020 12:44 pm
Group 1 winner

About 25, most times he was in top 3. He didn't win much but had multiple places in group company and was up against Hood Sickle in a lot of those races. The Hood Sickle -Jake Antonius daughter is now my best sprinter and by some way.

Jake Antonius is a game horse I followed so bred with him a lot. Royals Stop I only noticed after a while and started breeding with him when he had some 20 g1 winners, and having good success with his offspring

Thu May 07, 2020 12:52 pm
Group 2 winner

Ah ok, that is the one I forgot, but I usually use, if a horse has been ultra consistent, i.e always laced in loads of group1s. They are tougher to find once in the barn though, unless like you, you have been following their careers

Thu May 07, 2020 1:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Here is a sprint trial. I think this is pretty quick but John, Paul or Steve would have to confirm as have never bred a g1 winning sprinter in the league. Only since Jake Antonius have I started hitting these times.

All those filllies :( Could do with a stallion!!!!

Thu May 07, 2020 1:07 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for the comments.
Im currently already in 2033 lol. I have 4 mares in the barn 2 the ones i shown and the other 2 very similar (flat game) They are all from 1 colt who was by far the leading stallion had over 80 g1 winners but he has gone from the game now. The current game roster stallions seem to be very poor e.g 15yr olds with maybe 15 group 1 winners from there offspring i have probably bread 10 different horses with my 4 mares and all the bars come out like the ones i pictured.

I do have that colt i shown in pictures he run a 57.50 over 5f by far the best sprinter i have bread in game wise but trial wise he gets smashed by some previous season horses i have in the waiting so i'm thinking there is no point breeding to him if he performs so poor in the trials?

I have allot of seasons like these i get good mares i breed them and keep getting 2yr olds looking like the pictures and i just give up thinking it's never going to happen lol. I suppose i just need to keep going and keep breeding to different stallions and hope one works.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Breed with the fast stallion that trials badly, but try breed him with something that trials well. This will start improving your trial horses and hopefully start synching your game and trials. You need more mares, buy some group winning game mares. I find at least 40% of what I breed can be sold without even racing them. Anything with potential below 40% can be got rid of. So unless you Paul you need a large number of mares or else you run the risk of getting just bad horses.

I have 125 mares in breeding barn. But starting out you want at least 40, considering 10 yearlings will probably go straight away and only about 5-10 of the other 30 will amount to much after racing.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Leon I think times is misleading and I've never taken a bit of notice of them . I don't know if its like it used to be where a faster computer would run a faster race.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:29 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Leon I think times is misleading and I've never taken a bit of notice of them . I don't know if its like it used to be where a faster computer would run a faster race.

I have gone on times this season and works well for me, especially finding horses to breed with. Also helps me decide on what horses need pace and what don't. All the horses that are running good times in my trials are winning the G1's in the league. There must be something to it. It's not like S06 anymore where times where useless.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:34 pm
Group 2 winner

My first advice would be to buy as many females as you can mate, 4 is nowhere near enough, I know Leon has well over 100 in his game, in mine I have 50 but that is just for 1mile horses, I also have 4 other games with the same amount in.

Buy as many as you can, trialling those starter fillies isn't as important, just make sure they have high bars (above 70-75) potential, and maybe high speed an acceleration red bars. And breed all of them with the game horses. Once you get offspring with decent lines from those, hit the trials with those horses.

If you notivce a very good trialler, that's the game horse you want to send most of your mares too in the barn. The rest keep using with new Game colts

Thu May 07, 2020 1:41 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

I have gone on times this season and works well for me, especially finding horses to breed with. Also helps me decide on what horses need pace and what don't. All the horses that are running good times in my trials are winning the G1's in the league. There must be something to it. It's not like S06 anymore where times where useless.

But are u winning because of the times or are they just the best horses , I think u would have to trial over many different courses to work out optimal times. It goes to show how different we all breed and trial :D :D .

Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next