View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Flat Group 1 minimum ratings 

Should there be minimun rating for G1's on the flat - week 1 and 6 not included
Poll ended at Sun May 24, 2020 9:23 am
Mimimun Rating 85 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
Mimimun Rating 90 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
No Miminum Rating 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 21

Flat Group 1 minimum ratings 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Flat Group 1 minimum ratings
ghosty wrote:
I think if we all can't agree on something then it's a bad idea, we agreed with changing the window but we are miles apart on this. This is not a league problem but a game problem, the bends need tightening up.

It is a game problem, and I have pointed it out to Mark. But nevertheless 10f have too few races at all levels in relation to other distances. I don't see the harm in adding 1 or 2 more 10f races a week to alleviate the pressure.

I have not really taken much interest in the flat before this season to notice this before, but from what I have seen this season it's clear that this is the distance with all the issues. And if there is an issue it should be fixed.

Fri May 22, 2020 7:50 am
Group 1 winner

Take this week as an example there are 2 10f races . One has 26 entries and the other other 36!!! and entries haven't even closed yet. There is no low rated 10f race at all this week, so even if a small trainer didn't want to enter a group 1 but wanted to have a runner like most trainers do. They have no choice but to enter it in a group 1 if it is unraced, and you can't blame them for this because every one wants their horses to run every week except for John. And 10f race issues have been the case every week. You have 4 or 5 mile races plus 7f races to choose from. Loads of 12f and sprint races etc.

The schedules needs tweaking to solve this. It is easy for me to correlate the data and entries to sort this out for next season.

Fri May 22, 2020 8:11 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Take this week as an example there are 2 10f races . One has 26 entries and the other other 36!!! and entries haven't even closed yet. There is no low rated 10f race at all this week, so even if a small trainer didn't want to enter a group 1 but wanted to have a runner like most trainers do. They have no choice but to enter it in a group 1 if it is unraced, and you can't blame them for this because every one wants their horses to run every week except for John. And 10f race issues have been the case every week. You have 4 or 5 mile races plus 7f races to choose from. Loads of 12f and sprint races etc.

The schedules needs tweaking to solve this. It is easy for me to correlate the data and entries to sort this out for next season.

I do think the schedule needs tweaking but I also think league squads need to be thought out too, your example above mate with 26 runners, 8 trainers have 2 entries ! So before anyone else enters that 16 horses which l think should only be 8. That’s an additional 8 trainers that could have entered and made the field size acceptable. I think it’s a bit of a grey area to make more races at a distance when trainers are putting 2 in a race. I think 1 entry a race has to come in as trying to convince people to agree to something when seeing this is difficult. This then leans towards the uploading of your team to aim at the schedule rather than aiming the schedule at trainers horses ?
Just a thought

Fri May 22, 2020 8:30 am
Group 1 winner

I voted for the min rating of 90 by the way I just think 1 entry a race is vital to every race no matter what distance or race type

Fri May 22, 2020 8:35 am
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
I voted for the min rating of 90 by the way I just think 1 entry a race is vital to every race no matter what distance or race type

This is probably a step backwwards.

The solution is to have a look at all the entries this season and fix where there are problems. It will probably require 1 or 2 extra races a week. It is a balancing issue. NH is well balanced and doesn't have these issues. There used to be some but the schedule was balanced ages ago to take care of it. The flat schedule needs the same

I am NOT proposing large changes to schedules. Just small tweaks to get it more balanced. I have done some anaylses and there are far less 10f races than 6, 8 or 12f races. This should not be the case. Some of the most lucrative/prestigous races are at this distance. It is so in game as well and as a result trainers will want to upload at this distance and the schedule should take this into account.

After the season ends I will submit the proposed changes after I have used some code to analyse the data for each week It will probably be 1 or 2 changes, at most 3, a week except for week 6 and 7. People can then look at the propsed changes and make their comments

Fri May 22, 2020 8:51 am
Group 1 winner

As an example. For this week I would have added a 10f maiden and a 10f 0-90 handicap and possibly a listed or group 3 or g1 handicap 10f race. Its clear the schedule needs it and it will be changes like this that will be added to the schedule

Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
The only way to stop so called elite trainers is to limit play time
it will always be the case that there will be several tiers of trainers no matter
what you do.

A whole host of changes were made some pretty huge changes and it still does
not seem to be enough

I thought everyone was content with the changes made last season ?

I was for getting rid of the ttf's (ALWAYS WAS ITS BEEN A GODSEND)
i at the time was against hiding the bars as i believed if you
are completely new to the game you will be completely lost if you have experience with the
game you will adapt but thought it would be at a big disadvantages to complete newbies.

But with Thomas and some of the newcomers actually doing very well that has proven me wrong
and I think the changes have been very very positive.

Fri May 22, 2020 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The only reason I came back was because the tff file was removed. I was done with the league. It took an email from Gray letting me know of the changes for me to return.

The changes proposed are not major they just tweaks to improve the league

Fri May 22, 2020 9:29 am
Group 1 winner

Regarding the 10f races, I will look into this on Sunday when I am back in my shop.
From memory I think I kept all my notes.
Not sure why I would have over looked 10f races.

From memory, when we did the changes to the schedule, we also adopted the two runner rule but we also expanded the flat stable by five horses which 'may' have been counter productive to the first two changes.

Maxing out the card to 40 races each week may balance things up a little but if there are a couple of race slots vacant then they should be used first to fix any minor issues in the schedule.

Fri May 22, 2020 9:35 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Regarding the 10f races, I will look into this on Sunday when I am back in my shop.
From memory I think I kept all my notes.
Not sure why I would have over looked 10f races.

From memory, when we did the changes to the schedule, we also adopted the two runner rule but we also expanded the flat stable by five horses which 'may' have been counter productive to the first two changes.

Maxing out the card to 40 races each week may balance things up a little but if there are a couple of race slots vacant then they should be used first to fix any minor issues in the schedule.

I can use some code at the end of season to analyse the field sizes and races and we can fix according to those stats. Like I said it is just minor tweaks in the schedule and everything a mile and below should not be touched

Fri May 22, 2020 9:38 am
Group 2 winner

I think the answer has been put in hasn't it? It just involves adding more races to the schedule. Not swapping any, just adding a few more each week. I know this isn't as easy as it sounds, given the workload for everyone behind the scenes is already massive. But I think it's probably the fairest way of doing it, given no one really wants to limit trainers putting their horses in the group1's, but the way the race kit handles large fields, it's just the easiest solution to a fairer race. Has anyone checked the number of uploaded horses compared to previous years? This has to play a part if it has gone up. If there's more horses, but the same amount of races then it will obviously cause bigger fields. I think of there are more horses this season, i.e more trainers, then the solution is just to add a few races.

On another note, I'd happily volunteer to run a few races next season, but only races my horses weren't in I really would hate seeing the results of mine without any comms or waiting an build up.

Fri May 22, 2020 9:58 am
Group 1 winner

It's not more horses but compisition of stable that has changed. In the past more sprint/ milers were uploaded. That has changed there are way more 10f and up horses been uploaded now and the schedule does not reflect this. This is just that the league has changed and as I have pointed out it will be easy to fix.

Fri May 22, 2020 10:03 am
Group 1 winner

I uploaded more 10f horses than normal as I was scrapping the barrel somewhat and that’s all I had that showed some trial form. Next year will not be the same. Don’t dispute there maybe too many 10f horses this year and not enough races but we should not change the schedule to suit uploads but balance the schedule and let the trainers work it out from there.

Still missing the point of this on a G1 rating thread but I guess we’re off piste right now.

Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I uploaded more 10f horses than normal as I was scrapping the barrel somewhat and that’s all I had that showed some trial form. Next year will not be the same. Don’t dispute there maybe too many 10f horses this year and not enough races but we should not change the schedule to suit uploads but balance the schedule and let the trainers work it out from there.

Still missing the point of this on a G1 rating thread but I guess we’re off piste right now.

It has gone off track a bit but I think it all flows together. When changes are made the polls can be used as a mandate of sorts

This week there are 7 ( yes thats's right) 7f races and only 2 10f races. No matter what people upload that is not balanced. Not withstanding the fact aren't even that many 7f races compared to 10f races in reality. No wonder there are almost 40 entries in race 28 and over 30 in race 21

Fri May 22, 2020 2:57 pm
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

It has gone off track a bit but I think it all flows together. When changes are made the polls can be used as a mandate of sorts

This week there are 7 ( yes thats's right) 7f races and only 2 10f races. No matter what people upload that is not balanced. Not withstanding the fact aren't even that many 7f races compared to 10f races in reality. No wonder there are almost 40 entries in race 28 and over 30 in race 21

I did notice the lack of 10f this week, maybe add two new maidens, 9f and 10f (3up) for week 7 next year.

Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next