View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Flat Group 1 minimum ratings 

Should there be minimun rating for G1's on the flat - week 1 and 6 not included
Poll ended at Sun May 24, 2020 9:23 am
Mimimun Rating 85 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
Mimimun Rating 90 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
No Miminum Rating 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 21

Flat Group 1 minimum ratings 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Flat Group 1 minimum ratings
I have gone over my notes from when I re-adjusted race ratings.

When I did the ratings, I broke the races up into 5/6f - 7/8/9f - 10/11f - 12+f.
The 10/11f group were quite light for the majority of the season, even when factoring in 9f races.

If there is room to move each week of the season then we should make sure one race is free to cover needing to split a race into two legs and the other spare race/s should be dedicated to 10f races to fill what ever void there is - whether it is a 0-70 race or a Group 1 race.

Sun May 24, 2020 5:49 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks Doug

I split a race manually this week, but will write some code so Gray can do it with a click of a button. The split race will then always be the exact same race but a leg 2. I will split more races manually this season. The horses all get split randomly. I can't see what they are as just see the horse id. So just move every alternate horse into new race. Most courses can't handle over 30 and will need to be split. If it gets flagged up just before entries close I can do this. I work from home every Friday so no issues for me doing it until I write some new fiunctionality in the off season.

We can't split group 1's though so besides sprints and straight miles we might have to look at limiting these to 20 or 24 especially on tight tracks. I can split of the double entries and bottom rated into a group 2 equivalent. Let me know if that is accetable. So for excample Eclipse this week would have had 20 runners and the balance would have been in a group 2 equivalent ( double entries first and then loweest rated ) You still get hard luck stories ina 20 field race but drawn 30 at Sandown you may as well not even be in the race

Please note this is for flat ONLY. 40 horses in a grade 1 NH race is perfectly fine.

Sun May 24, 2020 8:42 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Thanks Doug

I split a race manually this week, but will write some code so Gray can do it with a click of a button. The split race will then always be the exact same race but a leg 2. I will split more races manually this season. The horses all get split randomly. I can't see what they are as just see the horse id. So just move every alternate horse into new race. Most courses can't handle over 30 and will need to be split. If it gets flagged up just before entries close I can do this. I work from home every Friday so no issues for me doing it until I write some new fiunctionality in the off season.

We can't split group 1's though so besides sprints and straight miles we might have to look at limiting these to 20 or 24 especially on tight tracks. I can split of the double entries and bottom rated into a group 2 equivalent. Let me know if that is accetable. So for excample Eclipse this week would have had 20 runners and the balance would have been in a group 2 equivalent ( double entries first and then loweest rated ) You still get hard luck stories ina 20 field race but drawn 30 at Sandown you may as well not even be in the race

Please note this is for flat ONLY. 40 horses in a grade 1 NH race is perfectly fine.

I don't think you can split a G1.
I think the best scenario there is to accept one runner from each trainer and leave it at that or accept the second string horses from the highest rated down until the field max' is reached.

Sun May 24, 2020 9:38 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
leonvr wrote:
Thanks Doug

I don't think you can split a G1.
I think the best scenario there is to accept one runner from each trainer and leave it at that or accept the second string horses from the highest rated down until the field max' is reached.

If this is the case maybe reopen entries for an hour so if your horse is balloted out you can relocate
your horse

Sun May 24, 2020 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
If this is the case maybe reopen entries for an hour so if your horse is balloted out you can relocate
your horse

That's why I suggested creating a new G2 for these leftovers, but it is not popular. Opening entries again, will probably just move the problem elsewhere. A extra race is the best solution but if it is not wanted then not much can be done about it.

Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
your horse

That's why I suggested creating a new G2 for these leftovers, but it is not popular. Opening entries again, will probably just move the problem elsewhere. A extra race is the best solution but if it is not wanted then not much can be done about it.

With different time zones I don't think it's posibble open up noms' for an hour or so.

I think Gray can give all trainers at least 24 hours notice that if the noms are more than the field limit that one horse from each trainer with be implemented.
In fact this can be added to the rules that the head race runner (Gray) has the discretion to make changes to all races and the examples why he can.

Sun May 24, 2020 1:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Neither of these will work

The first because of the different time zones as Doug says

The second because most people only enter in the last 24 hours

Sun May 24, 2020 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6