View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Split all group 1's on turning courses 

Split G1's on turning courses for rest of season 20 in G1 rest into G2 FLAT ONLY
Split G1 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
Don't Split 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 13

Split all group 1's on turning courses 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Split all group 1's on turning courses
I'm not sure if we have more trainers this season or the same amount of trainers but with bigger/fuller stables.

Regardless, it is a good thing to be discussing this situation as maybe somewhere in the near future (if the league grows) that the 2 runner rule may not be applicable to Group 1 races or all Group races.

Sun May 24, 2020 2:14 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
The problem races this week were

Race 8 a 0-90 should be split

Race 21 ( im not getting into G1's )

Race 23

Race 28 0-110 ( which was split as the race was a farce of horses running through the trees and rerun )

Race 30 0-90 Southall maybe should be moved to another course like Newcastle but should be split

The courses above aren't designed for that level of entries. Maybe double entries should be removed from these races.

But from now on I think they should be split until the schedule can be balanced but that is for next season ( Not the group races that needs some sort of other decision ). It's a lot of extra work for me but better to have fairer races.

I have posted and mentioned to Mark about the horses not getting in on the bends. Maybe there will be a fix.

I agree with using Newcastle more , its one of the best tracks we have . I use it in my trials because u get a fair race :D :D

Sun May 24, 2020 2:20 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
I'm not sure if we have more trainers this season or the same amount of trainers but with bigger/fuller stables.

Regardless, it is a good thing to be discussing this situation as maybe somewhere in the near future (if the league grows) that the 2 runner rule may not be applicable to Group 1 races or all Group races.

Yep that seems more than fair. All I would ask is for a bit of notice on new rules so people can
adjust the way they build their team if it was to go back to 1 runner per trainer there would
not be a need for 2 derby horses 2 guineas horses etc and maybe you could add more horses
at different distances.

on another note we certainly have less trainers than the peak 2 seasons ago but as you say the trainers
we have have fuller yards

Sun May 24, 2020 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

We can't change rules mid season so won't happen.

The classics were fine there weren't too many entries in them. The problems are elsewhere. The balance of people's stable have changed. Less sprinters and a more all round stable. And there are more older horses.

With small tweaks the schedule can take care of this next season. For this season all the oversubscribed handicaps can be split. It's only the G1's that have an issue. Especially over certain distances like 10f.

There are only 2 solutions for this season. I can manually add races to reduce the pressure on the races that will be over oversubscribed. Will need to be done before entries open. Or split the G1 with those that would have missed the cut going into a G2. Else they just won't run or add to a problem elsewhere. And I don't think its fair forcing non-ruuners on people.

For Stu I am thinking of everyone and just to restate handicaps are not an issue. If the field is too large they can just be split into 2 races. There is no problem having 2 0-90 handicaps for example. But you can't have 2 Sussex stakes

Sun May 24, 2020 4:36 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:

The classics were fine there weren't too many entries in them. The problems are elsewhere. The balance of people's stable have changed. Less sprinters and a more all round stable. And there are more older horses.

With small tweaks the schedule can take care of this next season. For this season all the oversubscribed handicaps can be split. It's only the G1's that have an issue. Especially over certain distances like 10f.

There are only 2 solutions for this season. I can manually add races to reduce the pressure on the races that will be over oversubscribed. Will need to be done before entries open. Or split the G1 with those that would have missed the cut going into a G2. Else they just won't run or add to a problem elsewhere. And I don't think its fair forcing non-ruuners on people.

For Stu I am thinking of everyone and just to restate handicaps are not an issue. If the field is too large they can just be split into 2 races. There is no problem having 2 0-90 handicaps for example. But you can't have 2 Sussex stakes

If u going to split them then I think the second race should be a listed race so it almost becomes a limited h'cap where if a group winner gets in then he has to give the lesser horses a good bit of weight , evens the race out .

Sun May 24, 2020 5:38 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:

Should be a few other Australian G1 10f races that can be added or other 10f G1's from Japan and HK.

Mon May 25, 2020 3:40 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
leonvr wrote:

Should be a few other Australian G1 10f races that can be added or other 10f G1's from Japan and HK.

I'd like to see more Japanese races added to the Flat schedule. They have some great varied races over a variety of distances.

Mon May 25, 2020 5:15 am
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
leonvr wrote:

I'd like to see more Japanese races added to the Flat schedule. They have some great varied races over a variety of distances.

Maybe some from NZ?

Mon May 25, 2020 9:19 am
Group 1 winner

They have some decent races and courses for that matter.

I'm originally from the UK.

Really do like the Japan schedule and the price money is the best anywhere in the world. I'd like to see a schedule of the best races added to the Flat league. I see some 2yo races towards the end of the season in japan.

Mon May 25, 2020 10:17 am
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:
They have some decent races and courses for that matter.

I'm originally from the UK.

Really do like the Japan schedule and the price money is the best anywhere in the world. I'd like to see a schedule of the best races added to the Flat league. I see some 2yo races towards the end of the season in japan.

Their prizemoney is crazy you just have to look at Deep Impacts Progeny earnings to know that

$594,165,851 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon May 25, 2020 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

No more G1's will be added to the flat schedule as there are enough.

So unless people can find G1 handicaps in Japan and NZ we can't put these countries in. G1 handicaps are mainly in Australia , USA and SA

It's clear from other distance entries that if trainers are even given a choice they will avoid G1's. But horses need handicap marks and trainers wnat to see their horses run so you can't blame them for entering their horses in G1's.

What the schedule needs is for there to be more choice at certain distances. And this needs to be done by adding a lower handicap like a 0-90, possibly a maiden in some weeks and a G1 handicap ( which there now is a mandate for). These races all will help smaller trainers. Big trainers don't need any more help. The G1 handicaps will be at same distance as the biggest race of the day, thus given smaller trainers a shot at winning decent prize money and glory. Smaller trainers will have more chance of winning a G1 handicap because of the weights and that the big trainers horses will be elsewhere, which will give them a much bigger chance of victory. The league should be helping smaller trainers and this should help achieve that.

Also some courses need to go. Southall and Wolverhampton aren't fit for league purpose and Newcastle and Chelmsford are probably better replacmenets.

As for this season not much can be done. We can split the lower rated races. But the group races will just have to deal with the bigger fields as there is no mandate to change anything.

Mon May 25, 2020 1:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Two of the best flat courses get 3 and zero races . :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brighton gets 3 and Chepstow gets zero , whats that all about.

Mon May 25, 2020 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3