View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The SO7 Experiment? 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The SO7 Experiment?
I Vote to suspend Josh & Leon from the jumps for the next 2 seasons and do a reset just for the jumps :lol: :lol:

My Jumps squad is totally brutal apart from my 2milers who are at least competitive in group 3s & 2s
I could have given up after week one but didn't and have enjoyed every single one of my 13 jumps victories
I actually enjoyed Red Rose Cafe's win in a hunters chase more than my grade 2 win because she is totally useless
and thought she'd be lucky to place in any low grade race. I have really enjoyed managing a low tier yard over the sticks
and have found it a great challenge to try and squeeze out as many wins as possible.

I am exactly were I deserve to be over the sticks as I have put in very little time on the jumps side I even rushed putting
a team together just to be involved and have really enjoyed it yes its been challenging but fun.

the lads at the top are where they deserve to be I have no right to expect to be challenging them when I just have not put the
time in it would not be right.

Sat May 30, 2020 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Anyone remember this season now you're talking domination

STU you were a member of the elite :lol: :lol:

Sat May 30, 2020 8:44 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Thanks for the replies of encouragement, i am sure they are with good intention.
But please let me be clear. My post has zero to do with my current or future form and everything to do with the League (Flat races).

Clearly the overwhelming opinion is that the changes have been an improvement.
Its great that the trainers feel this way and is a good thing for the League.

I totally agree that breeding with the new format is so much more interesting and no longer a grind.

In my opinion the changes have done little to resolve what i thought, at the time they were being debated, were the dominance of some trainers and the encouragement of new trainers with some success.

My fear is that maybe a small handful of trainers might join in the feeding frenzy at the top of the table next season, but the gap to the mid level trainers will be even wider.

I'm also concerned that a brand new player in a season or two, will have an even bigger challenge to get a foothold in the league.
New or returning players this season had the same level start as everyone due to the refresh. That wont be the case going forward.
At least in the past a new player had the opportunity to look at the stats and work out if he had a half decent horse or a donkey.
And we still had at least 5 new trainers drop off this season.

So i guess if nothing else we have improved the breeding enjoyment which cant be a bad thing.
It will be an interesting next couple of seasons.

P.S. To avoid any confusion about where i stand....
If there was a vote tomorrow to bring back the stats i would vote "Yes".
If there was a vote to bring back TTF's i would vote "No"

Whats the biggest difference from this game to every other starter orders game!!!

This game has finally got a working computer stallion barn , lets be frank the other games stallion barn was a massive pile of u know what :lol: :lol: It never worked , it wouldn't put in very good horses . U would watch a computer horse hoping that it would get in but knowing the computer wouldn't let it and if some how will did slip the net it would last a year or two at most :cry: :cry:

This game has a fully working barn and the best horses will almost certainly get in and give u a chance to bred to and improve u lines .

By this stage of the last 3 or 4 SO games I was bored and just going through the motions of breeding for the league but I still love playing my game , its not just all about the league . :D

Sat May 30, 2020 8:51 am
Group 1 winner

Paul that was my first ever season , I was down the bottom with 1 win in both flat and jumps :shock: :shock: Have a guess at what race I won that year the Cesarewitch Trial :lol: :lol: and I would have won the Cesarewitch if my horse hadn't got blocked it :cry: :cry: Even in those days I loved a stayer :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Andy was a hexing cheater :lol: :lol: Looking back on his trial races he used to show every horse would finish within a Length and that just doesn't happen in any trial I've ever run. :lol: :lol:

Another thing I remember about that year was Becky claimed the title because he won more prizemoney because he won the Melbourne cup and Andy had a strop :lol: :lol:

Sat May 30, 2020 8:58 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Anyone remember this season now you're talking domination

STU you were a member of the elite :lol: :lol:

Bite your hand off now for a 10% strike rate on the flat :D

And something for everyone to read the SOPL forum from the days of old being we are reminiscing :lol:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/gallopr ... b2ca499af6

Sat May 30, 2020 10:44 am
Group 2 winner

I'm feeling old now, given I even pre-dated that season

Sat May 30, 2020 11:11 am
Group 1 winner

what was that dodgy forum we used? absolute nightmare to navigate oh the "bad old days" such a massive improvement now seems light years away

Sat May 30, 2020 11:52 am
Group 1 winner

That was a right weird site ! I’ve just realised how am l still soooooooo bad at this game after being a part of it in some way from day 1 :? :lol:

Sat May 30, 2020 12:10 pm
Group 1 winner

I came aboard in season 2 had a G1 winner in my 1st season (more luck than judgement) the old scattergun breeding programme really didn't have a clue what was going on back then every week was a drama. funny to look back and realise where we are now different world!

Sat May 30, 2020 12:48 pm
Group 1 winner

I remember finding the Game in a Woolworth's on a Disc I not seen Stable Master since I had it on the Amiga so when I bought it took it home and loaded that's when I went online to look and found that site but never joined and I didn't join this Forum until 2011 so it already shut down when I started taking Part.

Gray

Sat May 30, 2020 4:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Where are the Jim Cougars the laurel racing were they part of the cheating and Hexing.

Gray

Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Not sure about Jim Cougar, but Laurelracing was I believe Paul Moores who died and had the Moores Millions created in his memory (correct me if I'm wrong!). Neither were involved in the hexing and I can't frankly remember who was!

Amazed someone found the forum! Time to scroll through!

Sat May 30, 2020 6:40 pm
Group 1 winner

That sure does bring back some memories gees.

Can we have the Brag and Rag thread back please :lol: ?

Sun May 31, 2020 2:06 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
3 - Once you have success it is fairly easy to get stuck, as your as likely to degrade your lines as you are to improve them as you cannot really see what your doing, either by breeding your own stock or by sprinkling in new gamebreds. I also think most of the top tier have experienced some horses that simply never produce at stud.

I do so hate proving myself right, now my Uber breeder has passed the potential on my NH team is definitely in decline, from seasons where I produce 50 odd horses who fill out at 8yo. My last three breeding years that is closer to 5. Nearly everything coming through now gets stuck about 95-97%. As more die in the barn this seems to look set to continue.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:31 am
Handicapper

Needed a pause from SO and was away for a longer time, just wanted to say hello!
Seems the usual suspects are still around and reading this thread I thought about giving
SO7 a chance after the summer (still not bought this version, wasn't sure hiding stats is a good idea).
I'm normally not a friend of playing games when summer comes, but Corona and Home Office let
me play as much on PC like in my twenties, especially PoE, CoH and Trackmania. :roll:
Seems the hidden were a nice idea and there is enough time till next league so maybe I will give it a try!
Good luck for the remaining race days all and see u on the track hopefully!
Moliets Surfer (Holger)

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next