View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Cheltenham Trainers Preview 
Group 1 winner

Post Cheltenham Trainers Preview
Supreme Novices

Looks The Part

Does not really look the part, though oddly is the only one of my 2m hurdlers to hold his trial spot as a 9yo for next season. On on her day she is as good, if not better than anything else I have and could be due a big race, but there will be others with stronger claims.

Arkle Novices

The Monster

One mis jump aside she has hardly put a foot wrong, and holds her place as a 9yo for next year so Arkle and Queen Mother double in mind. Is the one horse in whom I have the most faith right now, if she gets it right she will be very difficult to beat, will relish the test of the hill.

Words That Hurt

Early season form has fallen away and she is getting caught more often than not now, this is also a staying test and she is not know to last beyond two miles so the hill will really test her. Will probably set the pace and is here instead of the Grand Annual to take the front running burden from the Monster.

Champion Hurdle

Dominatrix

Single G1 winner of the 'Fighting Fifth' but she has 4 seconds to her name and is my best performing 2m hurdler right now, she is not without a chance in what will be her only season but others are preferred.

Mares Hurdle

Lana Del Rey

3 wins now up to G2 and has performed well on Good to Heavy ground, run style and race pace is important as she likes to do her best work late, 2m hurdle speed but I have no doubts about her staying power either. Good chance if form holds, no longer holds a place at trial.

Close Brothers

All Looks Good

It has not really has it, which is a little disappointing as he trials well. Should be reasonably well weighted with this, and since I trial only on Cheltenham this may be his time to shine, but the evidence is not compelling.

Neptune Novice Hurdle

Reap What You Sow

3 time league winner with 2 G2's to her name, at her best when she is restained early, but needs to be pushing herself into contention from the second half of the race. Has also fallen off the trial sheets so this is her main chance for glory. Should not be discounted in this hotly contested division.

Sins Of The Angels

2 wins but nothing at group level, though her second in the G1 Challows marks her quality, still likely the lesser of my two in this. Needs to do make her move really early to have any chance. Others are preferred.

RSA

When the Demon Comes

Has been in outstanding form of late with 4 wins in his last 5 races and the other result was a 2nd, and if you ingore the hurdle blip the rest of his form is a 1st and a 2nd. Has been targeting this all season and I have very high hopes. Needs to do it from the front as he lacks top end speed, and will need to push them hard from 8f, if he does that he will stay on pace all day. Very good chance.

Hope Springs Eternal

Only a single novice chase to her name, but has been consistently in the money. The stamina test here will suit as she really needs 3.2m+, and does like cheltenham. Will be in the mix but I would not back her over her stablemate.

Coral Cup

Angel On My Sholuder

Could well go off at top weight, will certainly be carrying a heavy burden and that will diminish his chances considerably. The Aintree hurdle is really the race for him. Could be in the mix but I expect he will fall away in the closing stages.

Archangel

Trialed as a hurdler but has wins now over both codes and I did not see any chase potential at trial. This is still what I think he is made for, but again I expect he will be weighted out of any serious chance. Could be in the money.

Queen Mother

Words To The Wise

4 wins including a G1, though the Monster has her number at trial. Out and out front runner and she will will also like the hill as she more than stays 2 miles. Was run down in the Tingle Creek so is not invincible and she has been about my worst jumper with two falls. If she jumps soundly they will have to catch her, and she won't go down without a fight.

Rumbas Last Dance

2 wins up to G3 but has, as trial form dictated, been in the shadow of her stablemate all season. Also likes to front run, but without the same gusto as Words to the Wise, and stays to 2.2m so the stamina test here will suit. I expect her to be in the money, but Words To The Wise is my pick.

Golden Millers

The Machine

Has had a few odd races after his debute win where he has not run as expected, needs to have a little restraint early on and take the race on just after halfway. Has every chance in my opinion but this will be a hotly contested affair and there are others with strong claims and more form to back it up. Chances if he gets it right.

Ryanair

Floats Like A Sommerfly

Stable Star and with 6 wins and 2 seconds he is probabaly one of my best horses in the league. If he gets another win he will stand alone on 7. Has one G1 to his name, 1 G2 and 3 G3's but not had it all his own way since the up load window and there are a few who will challenge him. I do not worry about his staying ability but does not have much in the way of a turn of foot so needs to grind them into submission. Off the trial sheets now, though has breed most of the replacements. Will be there at the end if jumping holds.

In The Nick of Time

Played second fiddle to her stablemate above, and has not really delivered in the league, 2 wins one a G2H. Will be suited by the stamina test but I cannot like her more than Sommerfly on league form regardless of the fact she trials as well if not better. Should be there for some money.

Stayers Hurdle

Full Court Press

2 wins and 3 seconds marks him as my best 3m hurdler on league form, and only narrowly missed out on the Cleeve which is a good indicator for this, at his best when he applies a little early restraint and challenges from around the half way mark. Will need to break them in the later part of the race and make them earn it. But there are a host of good horses in this division so he will still need to find another level today.

The White Witch

This entry could be madness since it comes at the expense of G1 winnner 'Tigris of Gaul', but the ground is more in her favour and I still cannot ignore repeated trial form that tells me she is my best 3m hurdler who has gone on to breed better whilst still holding her place for next year. Recent form as been as good as ever and includes a G2 win, her only one of the season. I still prefer her stable mate above, but she could be ready to show her best side.

Troll House Mares

The Big Easy

Another example of my sub par 2m hurdlers, and whilst she has been consistent she has only found the winners enclosure once, and that on the Week 1 maidens. I expect her to be in the money though I also expect her to find at least 2 that have her measure.

Kim Muir

Great White Hope

Week 1 maiden win, but largely down hill from there, hangs about on the trial sheets as a 9yo but at 3.4m, and his form does not encourage a shot at the Gold Cup. Slow starts and getting bogged down in the rear have hurt him since his is better when he holds just of pace. Will need to monitor his weight as we may yet switch, but I think he may have enough to play with too make this his best shot, but I will not be betting on him. Entry TBC.

Triumph

Coffee And Cigarettes

The flat horse experiement has not gone too badly with a 2nd and 3rd at G2 level, but I fancy there are others here who still have his number. The extra furlong will help to a degree as will the run in, but I would not be going beyond EW money if I were a betting man.

County Hurdle

Bride Of Doom

Not won a race all season, but has had a G1 2nd, which is why she is rated out still. Probably too heavy and will likely make the switch to the Champion instead, where I doubt her prospects are much better.

Albert Bartlett

Return Of The Royal

Three wins up to G2 but recent form has not been great, will benefit from the likely fast pace of his stablemate as he does not have raw top end speed, though his acceleration through the gears is awesome. Will need to sit off the pace and punch out from about 6f from home, if he can do that and if he can steal a march on his rivals, I fancy he will stay on up the hill, if not then he will have no chance.

Gloria

Not lived up to her trial form over 3m hurdlers, and I do not really fancy her to do much more than set the race up for her stablemate. Will front run and if she remains true to form give way about 5f from home.

Gold Cup

Test Of Faith

Dispite his 160 rating has never won a race, sodding GI 'sodding' Joe. 4 2nds and a bunch of other places, but he remains my best 3m horse, and that is still so when he is 9yo. Speaks more to me not being able to breed 3m horses than it does his talent. The ground is a positive though, as will the slightly longer trip, but you can make a far stronger case for others.

Nickerbocker Glory

No wins to his name, but a few decent places. Needs 3.4m to 3.6m so even with the hill this is less than suitable, but he is too highly rated to go anywhere else. Will drop out if I swith Great White Hope and maybe go to the Glenfarcas. Could be in the top 6.

LVR Cup

The National Awaits

Not had a suitable race since week 3, so will enjoy going back over the correct distance, already too heavy for the National I fear so this is the best logical option. If he takes it on from about the 8f mark, after sitting quitely mid race then he could be a major player today. Chances

Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Cheltenham Trainers Preview
Thought i'd mention some of my runners for the best weeks racing in the whole league. Getting very excited for the action ahead. Brings back so many good memories of my jumpers I used to have running here back in the day.

Race 1 - Honor Robbers Could get me off to a flying start this week and this as been the aim since uploaded, I've been very fortunate to win this race few times in the past. Was going to be my Champion Hurdle horse so i hold him in very high regard. Will be in the mix at the business end.
Race 2 - Aztec Humour Still a big baby and was uploaded at the wrong age. Not expecting much at all to be honest. Still saying that loves this place and the hill won't be an issue at all.
Race 3 - Dawn Runzz/Seraphina Cerise On form Dawn Runzz as a major chance from week 1 G2 win. Another one of mine who are the wrong age. Seraphina Cerise is weighted to run a good race as well.
Race 4 - Universal Rule/Megans Xiara - The plan since my new uploads for UR as been this race. Will have to be on top of his game to challenge the super mare of Leons. Megans Xiara as been running well enough in top company all season. Another race I've fortunate to win in the past. Both should be thereabouts and i could surprise the favorite but highly unlikely. Great race all the same like most this week.
Race 6 - Estertide Jubilate Her form as been hit and miss this season but on her Hatton Grace 2nd she should be right there and the hill will most certainly play to her strengths. I've so much better at home it very exciting for next season. Will have an each way shout this week.
Race 8 - Daltawa Mattino/Athene Bailiwick Tough assignment today for both of mine . DM is more fancied to run a good race, but i feel she is just below G1 class. Again I've so many new types for next season.
Race 9 - Definightly Parnell Didn't have many 3m Chasers when i started my uploads for the start of the season. Let's just say he long gone out of my trails and even been deleted. But saying that could run into a place this week.
Race 10 - Suttonia Demure Not without a chance today of a placed finish. Trails back home are so different to league form. But could just be poor in general.
Race 11 - Andhaar Revere/Answer Layne Looking forward to this race and seeing how Andhaar Revere runs this week. He is top class and will be thereabouts. Another race I've won before in the past. I've a serious freak at home who blows him away very easily by 6L+. He will be in the league next season. As for Answer Layne he's performed well most of the season and could be in the top 5.
Race 15 - Powder Gamba Not expecting much from her this week. Only thing in her favor is the course and hill.
Race 17 - Zomaradah Alarab/Access Prospector Another one of new uploads and the aim all season been this race. Looking forward to this race a lot and if he's close up around 5f from home he will run massive race. AP as been consisstnt all season without getting his head in front in the big races. Still as a live outside chance.
Race 18 - Yeomanry Implication Earlier form puts him right in the picture for this race. He will be in the top 3 this week. Course, trip and hill will play to his strengths. I've so much better at home now he doesn't make my top 20.
Race 19 - Lyons Mayhem - Not sure chasing his her game but so well handicapped had to give her a go here.
Race 21 - Heart Paces My 3mC+ horses haven't been good at all and this horse is one of them. Having said that he is very handicapped today. Next season you will see a much improved division of these horses. Usually my strongest horses from previous leagues.
Race 25 - Stopped Chuzzlewit - On early form (G1) has a good chance but totally lost his form of late. Will lead them along as he does and hope he can stay there this time.
Race 27 - Occasionally Castle Will be staying on and that's all he does. Doesn't have any tactical speed for these races.
Race 28 - Landscape Road/Chingford Cross Having been in this league for many seasons this is one of the only top class races still missing from my cabinet. I've had some unlucky stories with this race. All that been said LR as a great chance today to put all my previous nightmares in this race to bed and finally get it in my trophy cabinet. He's a class act on his day like he showed in the Hennessy Gold Cup Chase. Shame he'd fallen last week. Hope that was a blip and he as a clear round of jumping. CC is a another who performs great in my trails but come the league total flop. Very excited and nervous at the same time. If i don't win it this year it will be next :lol:
Race 31 - Woodcote Amoray/Subya Near Woodcote is very well handicapped on my trails form and expecting a good run. SN on hurdles form would be thrown in here off 106 rating.

Good luck to all runners this week. Looking forward to the previews and build up to the races.

Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]