View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Stable size changes 

Change stable size flat
Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:39 am
Reduce Stable size to 20 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
Keep stable size at 25 but max nominations now 20 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
No change 72%  72%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 25

Stable size changes 
Group 1 winner

Post Stable size changes
Flat stable size for next season

Reduce size to 20

Keep size the same but max entries in a week now 20 not 25 thus reducing number of runners in a week

No change keep as is

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:39 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Stable size changes
Can we confirm, as I posted in the other thread, that we are having a minimum number of individual votes ?
12 people voting is not a good enough gauge IMO for such a major league change, I would suggest that it needs a minimum of 60/70% of the current trainers to cast a vote.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 am
Group 1 winner

I agree if we don't get enough votes then we will leave things as they are. As this is a huge change and if not enough people support it, it shouldn't be done

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 am
Group 1 winner

I’m not sure why this is even being voted for tbh! 25 is just enough, for me who will be entering a full team of 2yo and 3yo/4yo 25 is a struggle tbh! You sometime have a filly and male that you can’t split at 1 distance so you them both in as we have filly/colt only races. I know like myself trainers run filly’s /colts only trials and enter league with those results and not even trial a mixed race. So in my opinion 25 is a must, there has been races this season with 5 or 6 runners, without the 25 that could be 1 or 2. I think below the schedule overhaul discussion is what we need again. Although it is fantastic now the demand for some distances has increased so needs attention....

With the knowledge and IT skills that Leon has and is very good at making changes through the programme I think with himself and maybe a couple of others they can make a schedule in the off season that accommodates every age at every distance for most distance. They can see demand with this year races and see which ones had too many entries at what tracks and add an extra race next season same distance same same track to split it up. I do think 1 entry per trainer is a think that has to come in, I know this is frowned upon but I think it’s the majority of the problem not the race tracks but time will tell. Limiting it to 1 entry per trainer will mean you then have to aim your horses at certain targets from the start!

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:43 am
Group 2 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
I’m not sure why this is even being voted for tbh! 25 is just enough, for me who will be entering a full team of 2yo and 3yo/4yo 25 is a struggle tbh! You sometime have a filly and male that you can’t split at 1 distance so you them both in as we have filly/colt only races. I know like myself trainers run filly’s /colts only trials and enter league with those results and not even trial a mixed race. So in my opinion 25 is a must, there has been races this season with 5 or 6 runners, without the 25 that could be 1 or 2. I think below the schedule overhaul discussion is what we need again. Although it is fantastic now the demand for some distances has increased so needs attention....

With the knowledge and IT skills that Leon has and is very good at making changes through the programme I think with himself and maybe a couple of others they can make a schedule in the off season that accommodates every age at every distance for most distance. They can see demand with this year races and see which ones had too many entries at what tracks and add an extra race next season same distance same same track to split it up. I do think 1 entry per trainer is a think that has to come in, I know this is frowned upon but I think it’s the majority of the problem not the race tracks but time will tell. Limiting it to 1 entry per trainer will mean you then have to aim your horses at certain targets from the start!

Going back to one entry would be a huge backward step because that would mean that the middle/lower tiers had less chance of a win and they would start dropping out again which was what was happening in SO6 until Doug spent weeks doing the new schedule.

The top G1 monsters that couldn't get into the G1 would end up in the G2 G3, listed and high grade handicaps. Just take some of Paul and Leon's horses that have finished 1-2 this season. If it was one entry those 2nd place horses would have won a race elsewhere thus depriving whoever did win that race of a win.

Since when did rookie trainers clock up 70 odd wins by week 11.Without double entries there is no way we would have had 70 odd winners and multiple G1s toofor rookie trainers.

We have to be very careful here that we don't go backwards.

The league has the potential to be better than it has ever been.

One or two problem distances of 8f and 10f should not be resulting in all the good changes of the last few years being thrown out on a whim.

Add a few races, cut a few races, change a few tracks but for goodness sake leave what works alone.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I voted 25 with a max 20 although i would rather leave it alone if we get a increase in trainers next Season then i can see a Max being the way to go and the races that over subscribed are Mostly Handicaps and mid to low tier Races maybe adding more lower rated Handicaps bringing in more Max/Min Rating Races even in Big Handicaps a G1H should not have any horse under 80 in the race as they will be so far out of the Handicap it is pointless running it when you have other races Catered for the low rated horses.

Gray

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

There are a few problem distances and this can be sorted out. Have used code to analyse the schedule and will make small changes to fix the problems Agree with Martin going to back to 1 entry is a backwards step and I don't think there is much support for that at all.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:49 am
Group 3 winner

I voted to Keep stable size at 25 but max race entries now 20.

Assuming the current rule applies where the first to be dropped are double entries and then on lowest rating.

I could be wrong but considering this is the first season from a game refresh i think/hope that future seasons will see a better spread of distances and ratings in trainers stables, avoiding the clustering that is happening this season.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:11 pm
Group 1 winner

To Many Trainers are Having horses around the Classic Distances 5f to 1m 4f Trainers need to spread the 25 Size of stable Over the all Range 5f to 2m 5f instead of having 3 or 4 horses at 1m 2f try and have a stayer or 2.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

The problem is the campeign for 14f plus horses. Will look at fixing this so it makes sense to balance stables a a bit better

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:20 pm
Group 1 winner

I think there is some confusion max entries means you can only enter horses in 20 races in a week. So 5 will need to be rested. If you try enter more than 20 a message will pop up saying you have reached your quota for the week

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:23 pm
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:
I think there is some confusion max entries means you can only enter horses in 20 races in a week. So 5 will need to be rested. If you try enter more than 20 a message will pop up saying you have reached your quota for the week

OH! (Leon, maybe consider changing the wording from "entries" to "nominations")

Still works for me, by the time i have reached around the 20 nomination mark i am starting to throw horses into races just for the sake of it.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 pm
Group 1 winner

i voted no change as this season was mean't for ironing out the cracks and as Leon says a few tweaks to the schedule might be enough

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:30 pm
Handicapper

Lordedaw wrote:
mwesty1 wrote:

Going back to one entry would be a huge backward step because that would mean that the middle/lower tiers had less chance of a win and they would start dropping out again which was what was happening in SO6 until Doug spent weeks doing the new schedule.

The top G1 monsters that couldn't get into the G1 would end up in the G2 G3, listed and high grade handicaps. Just take some of Paul and Leon's horses that have finished 1-2 this season. If it was one entry those 2nd place horses would have won a race elsewhere thus depriving whoever did win that race of a win.

Since when did rookie trainers clock up 70 odd wins by week 11.Without double entries there is no way we would have had 70 odd winners and multiple G1s toofor rookie trainers.

We have to be very careful here that we don't go backwards.

The league has the potential to be better than it has ever been.

One or two problem distances of 8f and 10f should not be resulting in all the good changes of the last few years being thrown out on a whim.

Add a few races, cut a few races, change a few tracks but for goodness sake leave what works alone.

I totally agree, changing stable sizes isn't the answer for me. Making more races (R2s) will sort it out, just because we had one race this week that should have been split doesnt mean we have change everything or something this drastic.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:54 pm
Group 1 winner

also look at this week do we need 4 g1s over a mile for juveniles that could free up 2 races and change them to something else

Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next