View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The Everest 
Group 1 winner

Post The Everest
Just need Gray to confirm this but the Everest is only open to Group winners and preferably Group 1 winners over 5, 6, & 7 furlongs.
This race is for the best SO7 sprinters only.

Doug.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:18 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The Everest
NPG319 wrote:
Just need Gray to confirm this but the Everest is only open to Group winners and preferably Group 1 winners over 5, 6, & 7 furlongs.
This race is for the best SO7 sprinters only.

Doug.

So does that mean Lightening Bolt who has been 2nd in 4 G1 races would not be allowed to run
I'd say he is in the top 3 sprinters over 6 furlongs since the window and is rated 125 if you want
a field with the best sprinters he certainly deserves to be in it but if thats the rule fair enough

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

A min rating should take care of this. A min rating of 100 should ensure it's only the best sprinters in the league. Let me know if this ok or if something else needs to be done. I can implement code to exclude all non group winners for next season but hard to for this season. Also Bad Moon Rising ( 4 starts ) 2nd in 2 G1's and 4th in another would be excluded but if she is no big deal.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:39 am
Group 1 winner

This would make more sense for next season if we saw a number of returning horses. Runs the risk of a small field this year but I am easy either way. If rating it maybe 110+ but again not sure how many that would make eligible.

Also does a group handicap count?

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:50 am
Group 1 winner

Here's the wiki link for the real race so you can all get an understanding for the race.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Everest

Personally I would like it if maybe Gray, myself and say Mart could debate and choose the 12 runners - that could make for an interesting preview show.
Not sure how all you trainers would like that as it would be us making the decision on who races and no doubt it could court a little controversy but that would be all part of the craic.
I think there is a couple of other G1 sprints in the final week so if your gun sprinter didn't make the cut it's going to be a real show in the other races.
No doubt I have left this too late for this season but well worth putting out there.

I think a small field no larger that 12 would be best for a race like this.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Fo this season we can do a min rating.

Next season whatever people want

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Group 2 winner

I wasn't gonna enter Xinyi Player in this because she's better at Flemington :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:27 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I wasn't gonna enter Xinyi Player in this because she's better at Flemington :lol: :lol:

:D

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:26 pm
Selling plater

NPG319 wrote:
Here's the wiki link for the real race so you can all get an understanding for the race.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Everest

Personally I would like it if maybe Gray, myself and say Mart could debate and choose the 12 runners - that could make for an interesting preview show.
Not sure how all you trainers would like that as it would be us making the decision on who races and no doubt it could court a little controversy but that would be all part of the craic.
I think there is a couple of other G1 sprints in the final week so if your gun sprinter didn't make the cut it's going to be a real show in the other races.
No doubt I have left this too late for this season but well worth putting out there.

I think a small field no larger that 12 would be best for a race like this.

I like this idea for next season, invitional race with field decided by commentators, for the best 12 sprinters

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:37 pm
Handicapper

jimma33 wrote:

I like this idea for next season, invitional race with field decided by commentators, for the best 12 sprinters

I would recommend a compromise, top 8 rated sprinters get to enter and then the commentators pick 4 wildcards. Or 6 and 6.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:
jimma33 wrote:

I would recommend a compromise, top 8 rated sprinters get to enter and then the commentators pick 4 wildcards. Or 6 and 6.

Sounds like an interesting idea.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:33 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Dhughes wrote:
jimma33 wrote:

Sounds like an interesting idea.

Sounds fair to me

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]