View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SO7 Season 2 Race Running 
Group 3 winner

Post SO7 Season 2 Race Running
Howdy

Can some consideration be given to not running the races on the weekend?
This was done for the last season of SO6 and seemed to be popular.
Speaking only for myself, social commitments on the weekend can make race running difficult at times.

Cheers

Last edited by Jango on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:52 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SO7 Season 2 Race Running
Agreed we had talked about doing it the same as the last SO6 but we seemed to have morphed back the Friday cut off, weekend running and races Monday to Wednesday. We had be on Saturday/Sunday cut off, early week running and races Wednesday to Friday.

I will probably need to step down as a race runner if it does not change has caused more than a few dramas this season. No idea where I will fit this week in either.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:08 am
Group 1 winner

There is one small problem with this. Friday I work from home so can fix any issues if they occur. Any other day there may well be a long delay as I get home late from work. Monday for example I don't get home until 12pm because I play league chess so if there is a problem it won't be resolved until after then. Tuesday I play chess as well but not every week. Sunday is a also impossible for me so again if an issue on Sunday or Monday or it won't be fixed until Tuesday evening possible Wednesday evening. Unless someone else is willing to dive into the code it is only me who can fix things.

Problem free there are no issues but we had 3 weeks with problems this season which I had to sort out. However if there is a problem it is not unfeasable to expect a delay until late Wednesday for me to fix it if the race running day is changed. Sorry to cause an issue here but not much I can do about this and the season is never problem free

I've have offered to share the code etc but there weren't any takers last time except for Gray

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 am
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:
I've have offered to share the code etc but there weren't any takers last time except for Gray

What language do you use Leon, i was a database designer/analyst before i retired?

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 am
Group 1 winner

Java, Angular and php ( laravel )

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:22 am
Group 1 winner

I am happy to share the code. It's all in github. The database is a mysql database

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:24 am
Group 3 winner

Ok
I have some experience with SQL but not Java, Angular and php.

Hopefully the problems this season will not occur in the next.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:34 am
Group 1 winner

Unfortunately there are normally problems sometimes beyond my control. For example this season there was an outage on the server and the java app didn't automtically restart as it should have so when Gray tried to get the races there was an internal server error. A simple problem to fix but if you can't access things there will be a delay

If the race running is moved and there is an issue we might just have to delay a week. I can't guarantee when I can fix things during the week because of the work firewall I can't access the server from work

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:43 am
Group 3 winner

Weekend race running isnt a deal breaker for me, i can still manage.
Worst case i might be 12-18 hours later than usual (if the wife fills a Saturday with engagements).
I raised the question because it was done in the previous season and seemed to be well received.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:53 am
Group 1 winner

The Idea of moving the race days was to give Race runners more time to run there allotted races i try and give runners the races that suits them Josh gets late races has he has a busy family life and it's easier for him to have them late. While I know Stu and Leon are around Friday Night and Saturday so I give them Tuesday races so if Josh doesn't run his races until Tuesday no problem we have to work has a team as we have a further team of Commentators who have to wait for races to com on.

And then me who have to wait for the races and coms put them together on Video pad then spend hours uploading them to You Tube (Some may of Notice this season it was close once or twice the races was ready) while Handicapping the NH Horse files and doug has to wait until Thursday to do the Flat Ratings for Thursday Races.

By Switching back to Sunday Declarations wont help the race Days going back any race runner that want Earlier races or Later Races can request to have them when they think they have spare time i understand the pressure we can Cause with the other half i am Married with a Woman who thinks i am a idiot lol I don't see why switching back the days will help out as we all have things in our private lives that will cause us a problem Steve if you want more time i can give you the last Day races which means you have more time and can do them on Tuesday instead of the weekend.

Gray

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Its all good Gray.
I'm happy to keep running them as i have been.
Just raised the question but if it has too many negatives then we stay as is.
Because of the time zone difference i dont see the races until Saturday morning and (maybe our wives are related) i often get off to a delayed start. :lol:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:47 am
Selling plater

Jango wrote:
Weekend race running isnt a deal breaker for me, i can still manage.
Worst case i might be 12-18 hours later than usual (if the wife fills a Saturday with engagements).
I raised the question because it was done in the previous season and seemed to be well received.

:shock: "if the wife fills a Saturday with engagements"..... you poor man. I couldn't live like that. :lol:

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Hey chaps.

Happy to help where I can, I usually have every other Saturday free and work from home most days and so can help out and do some comms if there is room for any support on that side too.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:05 pm
Group 2 winner

HurricaneRun wrote:
Hey chaps.

Happy to help where I can, I usually have every other Saturday free and work from home most days and so can help out and do some comms if there is room for any support on that side too.

Will certainly be room for some support on the comms side. Have you done it before ?

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Gray if you need an additional race runner i'm down to help out.

I'll be in a similar position to Jango living in New Zealand I too won't get the races till Saturday morning.

Can also get Dropbox setup if i need to pay for the upgrade version for more space.

Will need a trail run beforehand.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next