View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Hints Tips & Walkthrough 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Hints Tips & Walkthrough
That’s just the joy of trials. Something will have changed between the two races that suits him better. Get used to wonder trialists becoming flops and vice versa :)

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:01 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Hints Tips & Walkthrough
Good Evening all

I am looking for some help with breeding and preparing horses. I know there is not a one size fits all with this but I feel I have gone down the wrong route and I am looking for some guidance with a few areas.

First of all I will say that I used the guide produced on page 2 here and found it extremely helpful. Off the back of this I decided to trial my selected 2YO through the CK at 5f,6f,7f,1m,1m2f,1m4f,2m Hurdles and 2m4f Fences whilst putting them up against my previous years best horses at the relevant distances and created a spreadsheet which works out the scores for me and leading horses. Its after this that I feel I have made big mistakes with my breeding. Generally I have had Mares come through the trials and I have chucked them straight into the breeding barn to start producing foals. I am now at around season 10 and have around 100 mares being covered by 10 different stallions, some are my own some are AI bred.

From the foals produced on average for the last couple of years I have been getting around 30-35 Foals that have around 70-80 Potential. I will also keep any foal that is higher in cruising speed which I use a bar of around 60+. I then have a selected through that make the grade due to extreme highs in certain stats. I get around 10-15 that have Potential 75 and Cruising of 50. The potential never exceeds 80 and the cruising stat has never exceeded 75.

1) Once the trialling is done at 2YO I assume I am making mistakes by putting the horses into the breeding barn? Should I be racing them in the game to develop the horses?

2) What is the ideal age to put a horse into the breeding barn?

3) If horses are placed in the barn too early will they not pass on their stats?

4) Do you trial every year to work out your best horses at different age groups?

5) When starting out I have no yardstick of what a good horse will be like in the league. What would you suggest the best thing to measure against is? Is it just chucking them in the league and find out or do they eventually become good within the game too?

I apologise for the amount of questions but I am keen to get this right

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3