View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Hints Tips & Walkthrough 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Hints Tips & Walkthrough
HollieP wrote:
Do I need to go to the sales every time to find good horses to begin breeding with?

Oh yes every one

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Ok thanks.

Does the email thing work? Staff will email you when horse is up for auction? And if so can i skip to next race?

I have identified a horse which is easily the best in the game currently. I would just like to skip to the auction to buy him. Im only just starting out

Ps I am just trying to throw together some horses to run in handicaps in the league. If there is a breeding guide or something for comeplete newbies, that would be great. x

Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 am
Selling plater

Unfortunately the email thing doesn't seem to work. I have interupt ticked in diary but i am not even notified of a horse going to auction, let alone skip being interrupted. Shame to have a feature which doesn't seem to work?

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 am
Handicapper

HollieP wrote:
Unfortunately the email thing doesn't seem to work. I have interupt ticked in diary but i am not even notified of a horse going to auction, let alone skip being interrupted. Shame to have a feature which doesn't seem to work?

It is a great shame, Mark said he would fix it but unfortunately he hasn't.

Put a comment in the thread below so he knows other people are wanting it fixed:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17441

If you don't want to go to every auction you can just go to the breeding mares auctions, check the sales calendar for blue ones, they are generally my favourite.

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Remember it is not always the next auction the horse will feature in, it might be the next auction of the right type so distance in the future, if you use the diary option and the horse is in then you can click on the auction to see what is in it already, it is hit and miss but next auction does not always mean the next one in the calendar.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:59 pm
Group 1 winner

And it could be a post race auction also, so you only see it if you go to the race day.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:01 pm
Handicapper

Alright everyone,

Do we know when uploads might be possible for new season?

:)

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:19 am
Group 1 winner

Redeyez wrote:
Alright everyone,

Do we know when uploads might be possible for new season?

:)

13th November I believe.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:39 am
Group 1 winner

That’s the cut off I think, upload window will probably be open some time in advance I would guess after the last set of trials.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 pm
Handicapper

Necro bump for being a great guide that I would highly recommend to any new player trying to break into the online league (like myself).

I take back the negative things I said about the way the CK works. Once you get a system like this in place you can begin to understand what you need to do to get competitive, and have a method in place to doing so.

One interesting thing I thought I would share: I thought you had said to only keep the males if they finished in the top 2 of the trials, but re-reading it I think maybe you meant keep the top 2 for yardsticks.
Anyway the Irish blood in me makes me stubborn, and though one of my males only finished in fourth and was dominated by the top 2 horses in the sprinters grouping (about 20 horses), I liked the cut of his jib and kept him.

Well at the end of the season in August I dumped all the 2 yo's that were racing into the CK. I ran trials with them against all the 2 yo's I had been dumping in when I was preparing my stable for the online league and didn't do CK trials and just went by how they raced in game.
So I ran the best 2 yo's in a field of 18, including the 2 horses that dominated in the pre-season trial (the third place foal has been hurt and couldn't finish season and trial).
He did about the same in the 6f trial (he finished the season racing 7f), but DOMINATED the 7f group and the 1m group.
If a new season started soon he would be my clear entry for my top 2 yo in those distances.
Same 2 horses that dominated the trials in 6f would be my entry horses for 6f as well. So your guide held true to form.
Also a male that I kept who was a non factor in the trials, but looked great and raced well in offline league, once again was trash in season end trials, and will now be sold off.

So thanks for the guide. I wanted to give you and it props in the proper thread!

Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:14 am
Group 1 winner

Happy to help

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Whilst it is more common for a bad ck horse to consistently breed bad ck horses it is possible to extract good elements from them into good ck lines, it just takes time and a lot of luck. But likeable bars are still likeable bars and maybe worth keeping for breeding.

Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:38 pm
Handicapper

Githyanki wrote:
Whilst it is more common for a bad ck horse to consistently breed bad ck horses it is possible to extract good elements from them into good ck lines, it just takes time and a lot of luck. But likeable bars are still likeable bars and maybe worth keeping for breeding.

I might play with that a little, but I suspect it will end up being a time suck from doing other more productive things in the game.
I have done a 180 pretty much and just sell the good colts that fail the CK test, even though they would be clearly G1 winners in my offline game. They are never going to breed for me, so what is the point. Let the AI that doesn't have to worry about you heavy hitters in the online league have them.
Like you said, it also helps keep the AI gene pool stronger than it would be.
Although the one horse that was great made the top 10 in career earnings and won a lot of big races in addition to his 2 triple crown wins, and the AI just retired him from the game at 4 yo's. No breeding at all.
What a waste of good offline racing genes.

Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:50 pm
Group 1 winner

The AI does that frequently, it is common for me when a really good horse lands in game for it to only be in the breeding barn for a season or not at all.

And those ck failures you sell might pair with an AI game horse who does have ck performance, hence letting out to a wider pool, may yield fruit, it’s not common but does happen, but I tend to sell as I have said on the other thread those who are good in the ck just not in the top 2-3 I want to breed with. But protect yourself here on many occasions I have come close to losing a line completely when something dies in the barn having not produced the replacement breeder.

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:34 am
Handicapper

Agreed.

I had a result last night in CK trials that was interesting.

SO I kept a colt from my UK 2yo unraced trials who placed in the races but only won 1 5f dirt race (none on turf) and finished 5th overall, behind 3 other colts and a filly.

I decided to keep him anyway (because of all reason to override the rule - he was white/grey).
Well in August I exported the raced 2 yo's back to CK and ran another trial with all of my best 2 yo's up to this point, and this time he easily beat the 2 horses he lost to in initials CK trials, and finishing in 2nd only to my best US 2yo colt up to this date.

Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next