View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 SEASON 2 SO7 TRIALS DAY 1 DECS AUGUST 21st 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SEASON 2 SO7 TRIALS DAY 1 DECS AUGUST 21st
Hey Gray,

Will we be getting some comms for these trails?

Maybe put next to the jumps races minimum starting age in case any newcomers want to get involved.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:57 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
That must be hard to take. Have you thought of going back to a previous saved game where you have good game stallion and your own horses were you didn't expand on the breeding properly with certain pairings?

I missed out on quite a lot and in hindsight it's very easy to do. I was speed playing in the effort to get some good horses ready for the league. My season 1 league sprinter
Aymard Cruzene I didn't breed much at all with. So I went back and breed everything with him and now i have some of the best CK horses I've ever had.

What I've also done in my games is set all my stud fees low so 100s/1000s of game mares have the chance to breed to my best CK lines hence advancing the breeding further and making sure good CK horses are all over different game mares.

Leon was right this really does help in developing new Lineage lines and keeping the stock of good horses circulating constantly. Does takes time for this to really take effect but i'm starting to see awesome horses coming into the breeding barn with my lines on both sides of the parents. Records are been broken in game so it definitely working. Will update once i get some breeding and exporting done. One noticably in my game is a sprinter with both sides of the parents with my horses in his bloodline and he is smashing the sub 57s over 5f which is frighteningly quick. I cannot get near him.

I am not sure I have the option to go back even with rolling backups and I am not sure even if I did how it will help, the problem for me is not that I missed my star breeder it’s that the star breeder created nice game horses who were all utterly shite at trial, and actually it is star breeders, I have covered them all multiple times and then covered their offspring and their offsprings offspring so much so I can usually predict what I will get. And every new game horse is basically a copy of the last round of stud options. It is a little different between my two games, but on the flat this is extreme now, the yearly auction horses all look the same, the stud horses too and in recent seasons I have been simply starting at the top of the list and working down to the bottom covering everything. There is a strange sort of dilution effect going on, it is rare too see a horse with more than 3 G1 wins I get excited if I see one, I just get loads and loads that have won one of two.

I did not find letting the game breed with my horses much help, on the NH side it does not happen period even at £1 a squirt as my horses tend to land in stud with no game form to speak of, on the flat it maybe worth another go but I remain convinced my game is not going to create anything new just more of the same.

I pretty much win everything when I can be bothered to do my entries properly, If I break records they are usually my own and my typical game race where I enter say 8 horses is to place 1-8 usually by 6 to 8 lengths from the nearest game horse.

I really do think now your pool of horses is fixed when you start your game, since when you start there is no lineage on the horses but after that start point everything ties back to the created stock and that stock naturally dilutes since the best horses are the ones that are bred with and the nags fall away making the overall pool just a concentrated mass of more of the same, that’s my theory at least.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:47 am
Handicapper

Appreciate the help guys, thank you very much for explaining the Jumps rules, as i mentioned in my email gray, I'll scratch the jumps horses for these trials and just run the Flat horses. I agree with Hemz if you could put the age restrictions on the Jumps then I would understand what age horse I need to compete.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:31 am
Group 1 winner

Hey everyone

I was initially planning on not entering anything for the trials as I have made a few mistakes on my game and am trying to go back a few seasons to rejuvenate the lines and get improvement going again - can't get past my best 6f sprinter for love nor money for 5-6 seasons now and i'm only 20 seasons in!

My thinking was that if I am way behind, which I will be, it could put me off putting in as many hours over the next couple of months whereas i'm actually quite enjoying entering races and playing the game atm.

But given the numbers and the reality that i'll not even get that much game time in the Autumn due to work, i'll stick a few in and get them sent over to Gray today. What is the correct email address to send them to then?

Happy to try and do some comms if it is tomorrow night or sunday morning, otherwise i'll not have the time.

Thanks

Ry

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 am
Group 1 winner

Sent in a few entries for some of the races. Can happily send a second entry for the same races if numbers are low.

6f 2YO - Kournikova Caprice

Out of one of my better stallions and my star 6f mare, she is not my best 2yo over this distance but she's very close. The one who is best is entered in the 3yo 1m race. This filly comes from off the pace but doesn't seem to be quite the same at 3yo, she doesn't even make the top 10 at 3.

1m 2YO - Johnny Cash

Another horse who isn't quite as good at 3, he's bred from my best 10f mare and an electric game bred stallion. He wins my 1m 2yo trials by 2 lengths so he was the obvious choice to enter in this race. I love the musician and named my dog after him as well as this horse, so even if he comes last i'll still love the fella :lol:

1m 3YO - Rodeo Drive

As I said, she is my best 2yo at 6f and 7f and my best 3yo at 7 and 8f - but not by much, I often get a blanket finish in the CK but she comes out on top most often hence her entry here.

2m Hurdles - Iron Odyssey

My horses aren't great at Chepstow full stop so expecting very little. This horse prefers quicker ground and slightly further in trip but hoping he will stay on and run ok

2m4f hurdles - Suka Emerald

Again, hurdlers not my strong point particularly at this track so let's see how she goes

2mC - Achille Filly

Out of the same stallion as Kournikova Caprice, this line produces jumpers as well and this mare can jump well. CK trials were inconsistent but she won 2/5 and placed the other 3 so she is taking part.

2m4f Chase - Starstruck

Sire is the grandsire of Achille Filly and Kournikova Caprice, who puts speed, soft ground, and jumping into a lot of my horses. This mare was rated 180 in game, never lost over jumps (she will in this trial though haha!) and smashes my CK horses over 2m - 2m4 at pretty much any course so it was a no brainer. I think she's more of a mid distance horse than a 2 miler but i may learn more about that in these trials.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:33 pm
Handicapper

Hi Gray

Sent over some horses to you. Good Luck everyone!

Darren

Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:58 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:
That must be hard to take. Have you thought of going back to a previous saved game where you have good game stallion and your own horses were you didn't expand on the breeding properly with certain pairings?

I missed out on quite a lot and in hindsight it's very easy to do. I was speed playing in the effort to get some good horses ready for the league. My season 1 league sprinter
Aymard Cruzene I didn't breed much at all with. So I went back and breed everything with him and now i have some of the best CK horses I've ever had.

What I've also done in my games is set all my stud fees low so 100s/1000s of game mares have the chance to breed to my best CK lines hence advancing the breeding further and making sure good CK horses are all over different game mares.

Leon was right this really does help in developing new Lineage lines and keeping the stock of good horses circulating constantly. Does takes time for this to really take effect but i'm starting to see awesome horses coming into the breeding barn with my lines on both sides of the parents. Records are been broken in game so it definitely working. Will update once i get some breeding and exporting done. One noticably in my game is a sprinter with both sides of the parents with my horses in his bloodline and he is smashing the sub 57s over 5f which is frighteningly quick. I cannot get near him.

I am not sure I have the option to go back even with rolling backups and I am not sure even if I did how it will help, the problem for me is not that I missed my star breeder it’s that the star breeder created nice game horses who were all utterly shite at trial, and actually it is star breeders, I have covered them all multiple times and then covered their offspring and their offsprings offspring so much so I can usually predict what I will get. And every new game horse is basically a copy of the last round of stud options. It is a little different between my two games, but on the flat this is extreme now, the yearly auction horses all look the same, the stud horses too and in recent seasons I have been simply starting at the top of the list and working down to the bottom covering everything. There is a strange sort of dilution effect going on, it is rare too see a horse with more than 3 G1 wins I get excited if I see one, I just get loads and loads that have won one of two.

I did not find letting the game breed with my horses much help, on the NH side it does not happen period even at £1 a squirt as my horses tend to land in stud with no game form to speak of, on the flat it maybe worth another go but I remain convinced my game is not going to create anything new just more of the same.

I pretty much win everything when I can be bothered to do my entries properly, If I break records they are usually my own and my typical game race where I enter say 8 horses is to place 1-8 usually by 6 to 8 lengths from the nearest game horse.

I really do think now your pool of horses is fixed when you start your game, since when you start there is no lineage on the horses but after that start point everything ties back to the created stock and that stock naturally dilutes since the best horses are the ones that are bred with and the nags fall away making the overall pool just a concentrated mass of more of the same, that’s my theory at least.

I don't get the time any more to play the game much but when I do I still like playing it but the one thing I hate is running the trial races, I hate them with a passion and I just don't trust them, I don't believe the results. U come away with more questions thn answers. I've spilt my games up now, i've got a 2m-2m4 game, i've also got a 3m and stayers games. I've tried to send them down different paths but it takes more time to do it and I have far less to play so my game hasn't moved on very far. I don't think the computer horses get any better the longer the game goes on even when u mix u horses with the computers. I just think they end up with the same ability and almost become pointless.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:57 pm
Group 3 winner

Gray
sent email
let me know if ok as i rushed it
thanx del

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:02 pm
Group 2 winner

Sent some over. Don't look much good though.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

simpleminds wrote:
kniesh wrote:
I sent mine over Gray, did you not get them?

Not got any from you ? check e-mail i made a mistake earlier with it.

Gray

just resent them Gray to grayham37@ hot mail dot com

Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:18 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
simpleminds wrote:
kniesh wrote:
I sent mine over Gray, did you not get them?

Not got any from you ? check e-mail i made a mistake earlier with it.

Gray

just resent them Gray to grayham37@ hot mail dot com

Still not got them try grayham52 @ outlook dot com

Gray

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Gray did you get my horses. They were sent to your hotmail address this morning.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:33 pm
Group 2 winner

Sent to that one mate

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:01 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Sent to that one mate

Yes Kev Got yours i am still not getting yours Vinny i don't why only thing i can think off i somehow blocked you by mistake in the past with some spam Mail try my Yahoo account

grayhamclutterbuck At yahoo.co.uk

Gray

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Tried again mate

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next