View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Season 2 Monsters 
Group 1 winner

Post Season 2 Monsters
Been quiet on the forum over the past few months. Be nice to see what trainers are most looking forward to getting on the racecourse next season with there new recruits.

I've one below who is my new favorite horse. She's been awesome in my game from been a 2yo and still now as a 7yo. Stats wise not that great looking and a small build but she's be a Wonder-mare. To win a 5f race and go on to win a Grand National is awesome.

She's won G1's at 2yo, 3yo, 4yo and 5yo. Then she went on to be a world class Hurdler picking up numerous 3mH G1 races and to top it all off became an even better Chaser winning the Gold Cup and Grand National carrying 12st. Any ground type doesn't bother her.

Very hopeful she will do the double again. I've only had one horse previously do the Gold Cup/Grand National double and then got injured trying for a 3rd timer.

Looking forward to trailing her very soon. If she's anything close to her game form she could be very special indeed.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Season 2 Monsters
I still cannot resist the urge to play total war in my available time, elf lords riding dragons and burning orcs is highly entertaining.

Looks like a decent horse though.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:54 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I still cannot resist the urge to play total war in my available time, elf lords riding dragons and burning orcs is highly entertaining.

Looks like a decent horse though.

I've had some time away from the game recently. Only came back to this particular one very recently and forgot i had this mare.

Will trail her tomorrow and see if there is any life in her in my CK. Not hopeful though, she as a similar profile to another one of mine who was very average in my trails.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 am
Group 1 winner

Boom or bust?

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:03 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Boom or bust?

Bust over 3mC. She's an out and out stayer who can win races over 4m+.

Not what i was expecting, I thought she would be quick enough over 3m.

Will get some speed into her once she goes to stud. Hopefully she can advance my CK lines over 3m+.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Just exported this very speedy 2yo to my trails and he blows my current ones away. Not had any improvements for some time, so it's nice to finally get a new one.

He will go to the trails next week. There is 2 different export dates i like to experiment with my 2yo beginning of August and at the end of October just before Breeders Cup.

Some do tend to improve towards the end of October more so than August. It' doesn't work for all of them, but experimenting can really pay off with exporting them at different months. Need to watch that the stamina bar doesn't go up beforehand.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:58 pm
Group 1 winner

My best 3yo miler in my trails. His times in the game are unreal and he's equally as good in CK.

I've watched all his races and doesn't come out of 2nd gear. Still unbeaten and he'll probably max out his potential as a 5yo or 6yo.

He does have NH bloodline so maybe could make a 2m Hurdler or Chaser in time. Definitely one of my favorite horses I've ever had.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:47 pm
Group 1 winner

I don’t have any monster images to share, but have have done a little breeding of late on my two new games, my US flat stable has produced nada but it is only 7 seasons old, my Irish jump stable, which is a mere 11 seasons in, however has produced a sparking array of horses with 4 looking bang on pace with my main UK game stars, and I thought my UK jumps team was solid. These are also just random breeds with pretty average early game mares many of whom I cannot even tell whether they are chasers or hurdlers. Sort of supports two of my theory’s, that our horses are all pants and that luck of the draw in what your game throws up plays a huge part in how much success you can enjoy.

I am probably going to start the US game again to see if I can find some early game gold. And whilst I agree with the reasons behind the changes we made for this season I am beginning to wonder if we have just made the league a bit of a crapshoot, where you can only catch up or break out with a little slice of good fortune. Suspect this will not be a popular viewpoint again.

See Silverardo and The Kingman in the coming exhibitions.

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:35 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
And whilst I agree with the reasons behind the changes we made for this season I am beginning to wonder if we have just made the league a bit of a crapshoot, where you can only catch up or break out with a little slice of good fortune. Suspect this will not be a popular viewpoint again.

I suspect the same.
But I wont get up on my soapbox and start ranting, it is what it is.
At the moment i cant see myself entering the next season, i havent been able to find any needles in the haystack, (while blindfolded).

Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:53 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
And whilst I agree with the reasons behind the changes we made for this season I am beginning to wonder if we have just made the league a bit of a crapshoot, where you can only catch up or break out with a little slice of good fortune. Suspect this will not be a popular viewpoint again.

I suspect the same.
At the moment i cant see myself entering the next season, i havent been able to find any needles in the haystack, (while blindfolded).

You not blindfolded though. You have racetimes to go on. You have run styles to go on.

Don't look for a wonder horse that won't get you anywhere. Look for something that improves your game stock. Look for something that will improve your hidden stats; comments like jumped well travelled strongely won on bridle etc. They are there in the race comments. Stallions don't have to be a multi G1 winning horse for this. Also you have to let the ai breed with your best stallions else the ai stock will just fall behind and you may as well start again. I am 78 seasons in now and ai horses are still improving. Most have something of my lines in them. It may be because I have 90 stallions which means the ai stock is nice and diverse. But it is nice to find ai horses with Endless Nights or Gi Joe way back in the lines. I know I can trust these ai horses to produce what I expect of them.

If you playing manual training this may not apply as you improving the stats yourself and not improving the stats by breeding. No real luck here as Hemz would be lucky in all 5 his games and me too. Bit weird to say its down to luck when if you follow certain principles you can achieve similar results. I have managed to get some 3yos and some front runners which was my aim. Hopefully will do well again next season. Some of my best horses have come from ai stallions with only a few g1 wins but they have had something I felt was missing from my lines

Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:30 am
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:
Jango wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

I suspect the same.

You not blindfolded though. You have racetimes to go on. You have run styles to go on.

Don't look for a wonder horse that won't get you anywhere. Look for something that improves your game stock. Look for something that will improve your hidden stats; comments like jumped well travelled strongely won on bridle etc. They are there in the race comments. Stallions don't have to be a multi G1 winning horse for this. Also you have to let the ai breed with your best stallions else the ai stock will just fall behind and you may as well start again. I am 78 seasons in now and ai horses are still improving. Most have something of my lines in them. It may be because I have 90 stallions which means the ai stock is nice and diverse. But it is nice to find ai horses with Endless Nights or Gi Joe way back in the lines. I know I can trust these ai horses to produce what I expect of them.

If you playing manual training this may not apply as you improving the stats yourself and not improving the stats by breeding. No real luck here as Hemz would be lucky in all 5 his games and me too. Bit weird to say its down to luck when if you follow certain principles you can achieve similar results. I have managed to get some 3yos and some front runners which was my aim. Hopefully will do well again next season. Some of my best horses have come from ai stallions with only a few g1 wins but they have had something I felt was missing from my lines

Leon i welcome your advise and you have proved your approach can produce results.
I make no secret of the fact i would welcome the stats back, and to be clear, NOT THE TTF's.

I could argue the case but i suspect i am wasting my breath.
The removal of stats has made it harder to discover the benefit or detriment that result from the pairing, not easier.
The nuance of watching a horse run and its style and then breeding accordingly is a result of alot of experience which most new trainers will not have. IMO
I do not see any benefit in removing the stats other than to make the path to mediocrity easier by removing a method that helped alot of trainers, especially new ones, produce better horses.

Can anyone tell me a valid reason why being able to see the stats would actually make the league less competitive?
The entire reason for the change was to stop the TTF exploit which was more about files than horses and to make the league more competitive for all.
To me there appears to be two paths to challenge the league leaders, a huge grind in the order of 78 seasons while hyper analyzing every aspect of the game or get lucky with a new game seed and knock out a few G1 level horses.

Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:23 am
Group 1 winner

I'm not sure why the stats where removed wasn't involved. It's the ttf file I hated. I agree you have to play the game now reading race comments, analysing breeding stats etc but I find that more enjoyable than just grinding through seasons to get league horses. You can't just go an visible stats. Maxing the speed and acceleration bar will mean you get rid of all your front runners for example. The only bar that really matters is potential. An only because full potential is when the horse is at their best. You can retire them when potential starts to drop. Although you don't want your speed or acceleration below 50% The only option now is to trial every season and watch lots of races in game. You can tab them but for NH you need to jockey cam to see how your horses jump. Lots of fast jumps is ideal. The comment jumped well is what you need to look for in race comments. It is the only way to see how the horses run and whether they will enhance your breeding. AI horses that run in a style you like need to be followed etc.

Horses produce good ones even when they old. Some of my best have come from old stallions and mares, possibly because by then I have figured out what works. Some horses can't breed up in distance some can't breed down. For example some 10f mares produce duds with every stallion over 12f and produce good ones with stallions a mile and under. Yes deciding on breeding pairs takes a while but it is the only way to improve your horses. Throwing everything at a multiple G1 stallion might get you a lucky foal but it is not a desired way to improve your stock when the breeding stats are all there for you to use.

It doesn't have to take that long. I'm just playing the game normally about a season a week. Gi Joe season 25 in my game and Dragon Keeper about season 35 are both coming back and are both still competive in trials winning often. Land of Marvels is from the first season after league uploads closed and she is still a wonder horse in my trials. Loads of mine from last season are still competitive as well but can't bring them back as they are the same age. Good horses stand out and stay around longer. You don't have to play 78 seasons to be competitive. I have improved mine slightly and changed the run style of some of mine. Using UG lines to get more front runners for example

Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 am
Group 1 winner

All I would say on this is that the hidden stats could be restored, I’m not sure what the reason was for hiding them but totally approve of the TTF file change.

Seeing the detailed stats would perhaps make it easier to progress more quickly but totally agree with Leon that not seeing them makes you pay more attention to your horses to figure them out for yourself. Which is a decent way of representing the real thing, you have to watch races and trials to see how well horses jump, how well they find the gaps in a finish, how much they battle on.

I’m on season 29 and have made some good improvements over distances I’ve been focusing on. I’ll now look to breed more stamina into my mares from gamebreds and speed into staying gamebred mares from my stallions to get some 12f + horses.

Leon’s advice on gameplay has helped this improvement and other trainers have seen the same.

Of course there are elements of luck like a superstar horse coming up in auction/sales but generally, there is progress to be made through well considered breeding to get the right blend of traits.

Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:24 am
Selling plater

As a newbie im finding breeding difficult, bordering on depressing.

Selling 50+ horses a year, all bred from horses with good potential, speed and crusing bars that won multiple G1's isn't the one. All are awul in the test races. I have a game stallion with 200 G1 winners, who can't improve my horses.

I get what people are saying, but you're still looking at those with the most time and to an extent skill breeding the best horses. I try to pick up what people say on here, but personally im finding it too difficult to make any progress in 2038.

Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 am
Group 1 winner

HollieP wrote:
As a newbie im finding breeding difficult, bordering on depressing.

Selling 50+ horses a year, all bred from horses with good potential, speed and crusing bars that won multiple G1's isn't the one. All are awul in the test races. I have a game stallion with 200 G1 winners, who can't improve my horses.

I get what people are saying, but you're still looking at those with the most time and to an extent skill breeding the best horses. I try to pick up what people say on here, but personally im finding it too difficult to make any progress in 2038.

Breed with the horses that trial well in the CK even if they have won no group races and you will make progress. All my best sprinters came from 2 mares that never won a race in the game but trialed very well. You need to trial every season. Export your horses around August. If you don't you could go backwards by breeding with multipe G1 horses who produce nothing. If a stallion produces horses that trial well send them loads of mares. If they don't reduce the mares. Don't get fixated on 20 plus G1 horses you may overlook gems who have only won around 4 or 5 g1s. Look at stallions who are producing good horses even if they old and have never won a group race themselves. One of my best horses came from a stallion who only won 1 g1 race but he was lightly raced and had excuses in the others. Also he produced loads of G1 horses even though he didn't win many himself

Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next