View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Starting League game 
Selling plater

Post Starting League game
Hi guys, I am not new to SO having played SO6 and this version casually, however i recently decided to try league only version to see if i can gather some handicappers and maybe join in an online league at some stage. I have a basic idea of what to do, in terms of buying mares and breeding to in game stallions, however some pointers on best practice for trialling my horses and deciding what is a "useful" horse to keep or not would be very much appreciated. Previously I have used the bars for cruising burst and finishing application to help guage whether a horse might be any good in races, however it appears in league mode we do not have access to these bars. Am I to assume we now only go by the basic potential, stamina and speed etc on the horses profile, and then run the horses in the TT to find out what is good and what is bad? Also what method of exporting do you use? do we export them at 2 or 3 or older? how do i develop the horse to 4 years old if i have alreqady exported it? etc

Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Starting League game
Yes no bars in league mode the so profile is the best you have to go on as your first indicator. Horse performance in game is another but good in game does not always equal good in trial. And good breeders don’t always have to have been good racers just like good racers also is no guarantee of breeding success.

I assume your playing a flat game so you want to export at 2yo up until the point the horse starts to decline usually from 4-6. And export them when they have had the development for that year. Depending on the country you play in this will be at different points.

Trials are crucial for working out what’s your best and arguably what your breeding stock should be made up of. Do all ages and distances with at least 3f+ degree of freedom on their best distances, sometimes a lot more.

Welcome to the league.

Josh

Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]