View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Attn Leon - Geldings 
Group 1 winner

Post Attn Leon - Geldings
Leon,

Can you do me a favour and check that the TOM code will permit a Gelding to be entered into Colts only races. I recall having an issue with this in the past and my 2000 horse is Gelded.

Thanks

Josh

Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:58 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Attn Leon - Geldings
Githyanki wrote:
Leon,

Can you do me a favour and check that the TOM code will permit a Gelding to be entered into Colts only races. I recall having an issue with this in the past and my 2000 horse is Gelded.

Thanks

Josh

If we are going by real racing geldings aren't allowed in the designated 'classics' ie 2000, Derby, St Leger. Not sure if it matters to SO league though but for realisms sake it should.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I discovered this on wiki :) luckily for this chap I had a back up game and I have now turned around an ungelded version. But I have two others at 4yo so I would still like to know how the TOM treats them.

Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:56 pm
Group 1 winner

The race kit doesn't differentiate. And as I far as I remember there is nothing in the code that does. All male horses are seen as colts so nothing will stop them from being entered although it could easily be done but unfortunately there will be no check in the racekit for those uploaded with false information

Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:56 pm
Group 1 winner

FYI I got an error message a few seasons back on so6 when trying to put a 3yo gelding in a colts race in week one, back then I just recreated from the tff and loaded a new file, so unless you have changed it there maybe something?

Also the race runner could catch it if made a rule for the classics?

Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]