View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 S2 
Handicapper

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 S2
another great effort from everyone that organises the league i dont post often but am really grateful of the hours you guys put in so we can all have a bit of fun .13 wins in total for me from a pathed up squad which is a reasonable return given how competitive the league is now.hopefully we are all back for another season but again many thanks and well done to all the winners big and small

Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:13 pm
Handicapper

A good final week for me with a few winners highlights being Red Point amd Cabo Humido my best horses this year, thanks to all of you guys organising the league its very much appreciated. Well done all involved its been a great season

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks to everyone who ran the league this year . This must have been the most competitive season ever with so many different trainers winning top races . Lets hope we have a quite of season and we all back to do it again. :D

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Great to confirm another season at least in June. Also the trials leading up to season 3 is awesome.

Want to thank Gray/Leon/Martin and the rest of the team for making this season happen. Some more volunteers wouldn't go amiss, especially the comms side.

Let's try and get a buzz around the forum if possible and get back to enjoying the league and have fun along the way. We could even start a discussion about what to expect and iron out the issues some have prior to season starting.

All in all it's been a great season with lots of winners from all levels of play. The competition has been great. Seeing some of the old vets back this season brought back some good memories.

Flat league usually isn't my main focus but it has been for quite some time now with improvements coming in quite regularly. I will try and get my NH team to a level I feel happy with but I feel I've lost a lot of lines due to concentrating more on that side of the game. I've now branched off from one of my slots, which I intend to solely focus on getting better NH horses in. I believe my flat team is in a very good position right now and already have improved over 85% on all distances from my current team this season. Key areas will be sprinters and better 1m4f older horses,  I'm slowly seeing signs of advancing in these distances.

Season end review on some of my horses.

Memory Reset - This horse has been awesome and my stand out performer this season. Taking home 6 G1's. Not sure I'll get one as good again but his offspring are looking very promising. This is an area I think I've really advanced my horses. Some of my mares look top class.

Grovey Project - Love this 3yo Filly. She's been so consistent all season against the best miler in the league and netting 5 G1's for the season. Shame she couldn't bag a classic winner early on in the season. But I'm quietly confident her offspring will be even more up to the task next season. One in particular is her son Acapulco Palladio who is so good at Newmarket.

Sequel Eclipse - Her mother was a top class 2yo and she followed suit and was probably slightly better if not quirky this season. Not had the chance to properly breed with her yet and see how her offspring go.

Initialize - Wanted to keep him for next season, as I strongly believed he would have won the English Derby. But luckily I've better at home now and I'm very excited about a few of them, one called Major Leaguez. He looks a freakish middle distance 3yo who races up with the pace. Another one is Cathay Pacific a classy 3yo Fillies who is showing some serious ability at home.

Shameful Junkie - Probably my best novice of the season. He could be back as an 8yo and take the open route.

Aaly Savannah - Started to really find his form middle way through the season and winning over a variety of distances. Unfortunately I deleted him from my game, but have gone back and branched off to try and get a NH combined game going. I'm hoping he can breed some good NH horses and kick start my 2m/2m4 lines.

Happy breeding to all and looking forward to some trials over the coming weeks/months.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:36 am
Group 1 winner

A Very competitive season

It was tough for the flat team especially when the
3YO's went into open company a few lessons learned

1) Don't bring back former champions on the flat
2) Older team must be from a combined game.

All in all have to be pleased with the return of the flat team

Delighted with the jumps team they were an ordinary bunch
but just goes to show if you manage and place your horses well
you can get wins into most of your horses.

A Huge thanks to everyone behind the scenes who make the
league possible hope we get to go again next season.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Really enjoyed being back in the league and can't complain with how my first season back went

5 Flat G1s and 4 NH G1 Breeders cup winner and a Cheltenham Festival winner

Well done to Craig and Leon and flat titles and Leon and Josh on NH

Thanks to all the team that makes the league happen

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:23 pm
Group 1 winner

I had a pretty good season. I hit my modest goals - double digit wins and a million in earnings. I had a double group 1 winner which was a first. My placing of horses was better than most seasons which led to a lot of place checks. My mid season jumps uploads managed two wins which was surprising.

Nice participating with you all again and thanks to the admins for another clean run - Especially to Dear Leader Gray.

See you next season?

Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:10 am
Group 3 winner

Decent season for me just missing out on 3rd in the flat championship to Paul (on wins), with 3 horses all losing in head bobbers in 3 separate high paying group1s on the final day. My sprinters slightly underperformed I thought, with jockeys seeming to really exaggerate the hold up tactics, and always deciding to go 15 wide on turns rather than wait to see if there was a gap (Jockeys are my bugbear for this game massively). They'll be back a lot stronger next season judging by my trials currently, but what a horse Cabo Humido is.

My 2yos were the real stars for me

I've switched over to a mixed game now for next season so no idea what to expect, only keeping my flat only sprint game, and flat only 1m2, mostly for the 2yos.

Congrats to Josh, Leon, Craig on your respective titles, brilliantly competitive season, and great to see some trainers getting their first group1 wins. If everyone sticks at it I'm sure next season will be even more competitive.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:39 am
Group 1 winner

If you cant beat them join them :lol:

16 seasons into a combined game and starting to get 3YO's with nice potential
and only after 5 gens this fella by a gamebred sire too

Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Imagine turning to the dark side Paul. :lol:

Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:40 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Imagine turning to the dark side Paul. :lol:

I Am your father John :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Howdy
From many comments it seems that running a combined game can produce better flat race horses and also extend their shelf life.
Is it just a case of starting a new game in the combined mode, or must i run prospective flat horses in some NH races to obtain said benefits?

Cheers
Jango

Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:40 am
Handicapper

Jango wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Howdy
From many comments it seems that running a combined game can produce better flat race horses and also extend their shelf life.
Is it just a case of starting a new game in the combined mode, or must i run prospective flat horses in some NH races to obtain said benefits?

Cheers
Jango

I have asked before whether these combined super horses are pure flat bred or a mixture of flat and NH bred. Unfortunately I did not get a response, it seems to be a secret. So i'll stick to the flat and hope that the combined bias does not reach 2yo's and 3yo's.

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:01 pm
Group 1 winner

They are a comibination
Jango wrote:

Howdy

Cheers
Jango

You can play a flat only game in the combined game. One of my best horses from last season Queen of Night never jumped a fence nor did Room for Mistakes. And from the season before Blood Harvest, Endlesss Nights and Moral Disorder werent jumpers.

You can just ignore the Nh side of the game if you so wish. Some of mine are pure flat bred ( Queen of Night ) some are mixtures. There is no one answer

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:51 pm
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:
They are a comibination

You can play a flat only game in the combined game. One of my best horses from last season Queen of Night never jumped a fence nor did Room for Mistakes. And from the season before Blood Harvest, Endlesss Nights and Moral Disorder werent jumpers.

You can just ignore the Nh side of the game if you so wish. Some of mine are pure flat bred ( Queen of Night ) some are mixtures. There is no one answer

Ok, thanks for that. :)

Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21