View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 S2 
Group 1 winner

Post Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 S2
Post you're thoughts & reviews here

Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 S2
A very nice start to the season on day 1.

One winner on the flat and several very promising runs with a few horses placing well in their races.

Three winners on the NH side, 2 of them over longer distances which I thought was the weakest part of my team.

I must admit I wasn't expecting much from my horses after the trial day races, so day one was a pleasant surprise. Can't wait for days 2 and 3.

Well done to all the winners and placers. The comms as always adds something extra to the races.

Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:14 pm
Group 3 winner

Very happy with a winner :D. and a few others got placed. I think I was right about my good ground horses, most could be h'cappers. BTW no fallers, that's a record for my poor jumping chasers. Watch them all fall the rest of the week. :lol: Thanks for everyone doing the comms/running races, it sounds hard work this season.

Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Will give my thoughts and review soon but just want to apologise for NH race comms that I did - I heard they were out of sync with the video, so sorry about that,

I'll figure out why and make sure it doesn't happen again guys :)

Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:37 pm
Selling plater

I managed a 3rd in week 1 i'm very happy with that :)
I have not played since last season after breaking my laptop and not getting it fixed. I just uploaded old horse files and guessed the distances it will be a struggle this season 1 win would be great sure wont be repeating last season claiming my first g1 and multiple listed races.
Goodluck to all trainers this season
As always thanks to the guys putting this together :)

Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:39 am
Group 1 winner

Unbelievable start to the season 3 winners and 3 2nds on the flat
& incredibly 4 places over the sticks

Mr Yeats - Maiden Winner
Already looks a leading player for the Ascot Gold Cup
wow he was very brave and gutsy had a fight on his
hands 3 furlongs from home but just kept going.

Florence Nightingayle - Maiden Winner
WOW did not see this coming My Oaks number 2 was thrown in
this 2 furlongs shy of her best trip and was one of the most
impressive winners of the 1st day of the league - Oaks trial next.

Play Me the Blues - Maiden Winner
2000 Guineas number 2 gets of the mark in maiden company
most likely the Craven Stakes next.

Congratulations to the winners and placers
Huge thanks to the team for all you're hard work
Fantastic comms as usual lads Ryan welcome back.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:12 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Great to have some racing back after such a long break. 4 winners on day 1 over both codes. Looking forward to day 2.

Flat Team

Some nice efforts this week in what's looking to be an ultra competitive season ahead.

Grovey Project 1st - My 1000 Guineas filly. If I'd to say who I was most looking forward to seeing run today it would be her. I believe she's top class and will contest the classics and face her elders in all the top G1's mile races later in the season. I say later seems there is two G1's in week 2 which I'll consider entering her in. Throw her in the deep end and see if she can swim.

Memory Reset 2nd - Very green with the whole race running side of things and helping the league out this season. Forgot to reset this horse in the Race Kit and this fellow had a Group 1 penalty in the Winter Derby :lol: Pleasing run all the same giving 12lb away to the whole field and only just missing out on the win.

Dangerous Florale 2nd - Great finish to the race and just losing out to Mr Hooley. Nice win mate.

Inverted Appeal 2nd - Pleasing run to finish 2nd from where he was at in the race. 2000 Guineas is still the targets for the season and should hopefully get closer. Nice win Paul.

Moheli Katrina 4th - The SPRINT KING is back. Great win Vinny looks like another class act over sprints. This mare needs soft to be at her best. I live in hope of better things to come later in the season.

NH Jumpers

Very positive day 1 and a great start to the jumps campaign with 3 winners and some nice efforts behind. I'm ramping up my NH progress within my game in preparation for the new uploads. Some areas still need plenty of improvements.

Rule Of Maze 1st - Off to a flying start over jumps and this mare as a touch of class about her. Not sure she's flashy by any means and could one of those mares who just does enough. Will be stepped up next week into graded company at Tipperary.

Cloud Mambo 1st - In my stable tour I did mention this mare quite favorable and she delivered in fine style today. Hopefully she can turn into a good one like her grand fathers (Yeomanry Implication and Honor Robbers) over the 3mH were this is my weak area within my team.

Galante Zara 1st - Not sure how she won this race been in the position she was in 2f from home. Showed real tactical speed and guts to get her head in front. Another one by my Supreme winner Honor Robbers, This mare has way more class and speed that her father and will follow the route to the Supreme Novices Hurdle at The Festival.

Thanks to Gray and the team behind the scenes as always.

Congrats all to all the winners and placed efforts.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 am
Group 3 winner

Not a bad day for myself with 2 winners and some of my better runners still to come (we all know how that goes though :lol: )

Wichita Mischief - 4th in Winter Derby, was never gonna suit her on dirt, an hopeful of a few better runs to come, kind of hoped she'd run worse as my be rated out of handicaps now

Wuxi Tales - 1st in the 2yo 5f maiden. Good performance, and was quietly hopeful, should compete in the top 5f races this season, may even make an appearance over 6f. Xinyi Players granddaughter an sired by Beijing respect so has the pedigree

Kaiping East - 4th in the stayers maiden, very likely to be exactly where she is as ran a very similar race in the trials race. Not likely to improve much through the season

Beijing Respect - 1st 6f Maiden. Very much in the mould of his dad Hefei Delta in that his final furlong is usually insane. If he keeps getting a good pace he'll be tough to beat, should be a big player in sprints

San Diego Thou - 3rd in the 1m2 maiden. Would have hated the ground, so a promising run, doesn't look in the same league as the winner though, she'll be targeting the extra half furlong in the French Oaks

Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:46 am
Group 1 winner

Didn't get the chance to do a stable tour for my flat and NH squad due to having a lot of comms to do over the weekend but I can honestly say on the flat side I did well where I didn't expect to and not so well my stable stars Living Legend (6th) and Broken Promise (5th) - I thought both would be top 3.

But delighted with Two Doors Down (1st) in the 8f maiden just getting up on the rail - thought my milers were week, my 3yos definitely are, so happy that I have one who could compete in some good races over the season.

Some of my other horses placed (The Town, 3rd) and Walk The Line (3rd) - the former will mainly handicap as my sprinters aren't strong but I did hope for more from the latter and will step him up in distance to see if that helps as he travelled well but didn't quicken.

NH side of things I'm so happy, two wins when I didn't manage one in the three trials days. Under His Eye was a very new horse to my game just before uploads (about 50% of my stable are from last 2 weeks of game time before season starts) and she was so impressive - really hopeful she can compete in the big 20f group races.

Bare Necessities my other winner, small field and I was pretty confident she'd go close.

Also had a second (Little Green Bag who will improve for further) and two thirds (Hurricane Fly and Philosophical) who ran well in very competitive races.

To be above Leon after day 1 is something i'll cherish and i've exceeded all expectations for the whole week after just a day.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:29 pm
Group 3 winner

Well happy with probably my best horse Avro Anson winning, his dad was a computer gamebred and it goes to show u just need to find that great computer stallion. So Avro won and so did his Son Dubai win for me, probably need to get some breeding done with them. I was spot on with my middle chasers, bang average the lot of them. Thanks again everyone who's putting in the hard work running the league.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm
Handicapper

Day 1 flattered to deceive with my stable.

Day 2 was just what I expected, most horses are only handicappers.

One thing I have learned from these first two days of racing, don't upload anymore front runners. They are all run down in the final furlong. This is definately a league for either even paced or hold-up horses.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah a couple of my front runners have been picked off towards the end but one of stable stars Spilt Over will hopefully show that it can be done when she appears later in the week!

Happy with Day 2 again, has made me feel a decent start to the league was no fluke. 2 winners on the flat with Well Articulated (17f and my banker of the week although she made hard work of it) and Tides Out (13f) went one better than trials day. Not sure the photo finish was called right mind, dead heat with Paul's when mine looked a nose in front - I thought it was closer with Leon's but never mind, i'll take the dead heat all day long!

Couple of other decent runners too, with Merci Boucoup, Disco Ticket, Bon Voyage, and Finlay Blake all running pretty well.

On the jumps, one winner to add to the 2 on day 1 and it was probably the last horse I would have expected to win - Sherlock Holmes, who bombed on trial day 2 and is a horse from around season 12 in my game. So it shows it can be done, he jumped well and held off some horses from top stables. That may have been a fluke, time will tell, but he has already won more races than I expected from his through the whole season!

High Intensity, State Of Euphoria, and Good Timing all running well in 2nd - High Intensity will do well this season, I'm convinced he is a top 2m chaser and he was flying home at the end. If he had jumped 3 out better the race was his.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Week 1 Day 1

Flat

Why is the Cake Gone - 3rd good showing today, not sure she had any more to give. Shows promise.

Legendary Pirate - 9th got a little lost in the huge field and I had expected a little more, jury remains out but mostly likely a handicapper.

Dazzling - 1st delighted with a day one flat winner, to be fair I am delighted with any flat winner, could be a contender for the Coronation Cup on this evidence.

Illustrious - 3rd great run and only just off the pace at the end, very pleased to have something that might be in contention for the 1000.

Pack Hunter - 10th never really in it, the handicaps are calling me.

Everlast - 9th seriously outpaced will need the handicapper to be kind I think

Belle of The Ball - 9th pale version of he great namesake, handicapper all the way.

Let Them Eat Cake - 8th another found wanting for pace when it counts, handicapper, just need to get these maidens out of the way.

Jump

World On Fire - 7th was one paced today, likely needs a lot more cut in the ground. Could enjoy a decent mark for next week though.

Amazing Grace - 1st very pleased to get of the mark with one of my new 3m chase prospects, ran exactly as I would expect, jumping could have been better.

Kingdom of Wine - 3rd right there at the death so this run suggests some promise, will be in the mix for the group races and handicaps I think.

The Killer Queen - 7th not where I might have expected pre my racekit trial, I have concerns about my 2.4m chasers this year.

The Godess - 7th will have a few more goes at the NHF, but on this evidence she might not be around after week 5.

Lord of The North - 2nd maybe just a little too far for him, but gave a good account of himself and I have no real complaits.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Week 1 Day 2

Flat

Normal services resumes.........

Legend of Zubo - 9th faded fast at the business end, another primed for the handicaps

The Perfect Mix - 3rd good run and not far away from the winner, bodes well for the defence of my St Leger crown.

Legend - 2nd let the race develop around her but finished it well enough, remains on the mix for the Oaks I think.

Hunting the Legend - 3rd I have no complaits about that showing, aside from the fact the mark for the handicaps will now likely be too high :)

Lemonade -15th, get the plough ready for this old puffer.

The Living Legend - 4th a hint of disappointment here, but I think he has more to offer. not a bad opening.

Deal with It - 2nd solid performance but likely went too soon and ran out of puff in the closing stages

The Best of Us - 11th or maybe not, no derby for you young man.

Jump

Much better day all round

Horror Of The Clowns - 3rd little one paced at the death, but his not a star and this is a decent enough performance

The Count - 1st happy with the result, but ran a little lazily and I think he still has more scope to improve

The Assassin - 5th hmm concerns affirmed about the decline in my 2.4m chasers.

House of the Wolf - 2nd needs to find more but decent enough way to open her account

The Red Baron - Fell in a hurdle, takes a real kind of special to pull that off.

Splish Spalsh - 1st very pleased with that all round, my 3m hurdlers look competative on that evidence.

Largely For The National - 1st and already too heavy for the national and unlikely to find more than one or two suitable races until week 11...........nice run though from the large unit, not withstanding some jumping errors.

Return of the Angels - 9th got a bad ride from a jockey who never let him settle, moved up too soon, then took a huge pull at 6.5f from home, never recovered from thier. Might enjoy a nice mark next week.

The Lady Champion - 1st would rather not see her set the pace and was sure was going to get caught, stayed on with grim determination. Pleased with that showing

Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:33 pm
Group 3 winner

Another good day for me, 2 more winners picked up

Cincinatti Desperation - 2nd in the 1m2, looked very promising in a very tight finish, looked to be staying on again so the French Derby does look a decent target

Nanching Enthrall - 1st 2yo 6f. Whispers before the race of her being a stable superstar seemed to be correct. Completely blitzed the field in the final furlong to win comfortably. The big 6f 2yo races beckon, she does get 7 too so may try that at some point

San Antonio Peachey 1st 1m6. Ran a disappointing rce over the same distance in the trials, was uploaded as a 1m4 horse but may be ok for both distances now. Is a much better horse around Ascot too so could be a player.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next