View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 S2 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews SO7 S2
Delighted to get a festival winner in the form of Ernest Stravinsky who
won the Grade 3 Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle. Only my second
multiple race winner over the sticks this season beating 2 of the giant yards too

It was like winning a classic on the flat.

huge thanks to everyone involved

Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Always nice to get a Cheltenham festival winner. It's why I play this game and have always looked forward to this week in the league more than any other.

This season hasn't lived up to the excitement for me and especially this weeks meeting at Cheltenham. The forum also isn't like it used to be.

The brag and rag thread was a great source of banter and build up to these type of meetings.

You only have to look back on TOM and see from season 1 and the current season how far it as progressed and moved forward for all levels of players.

There are 20+ trainers on double figure wins for the season more than any other season gone by.

The game and race kit definitely has in flaws and I really hope Mark can spend some time to remediate these issues. They are very obvious now and clearly it's affecting some wanting to progress within their games and continue playing in the league.

One feature which has been brought up many time is the multiple breeding of a sire to have a queuing system for mares. You could say a broodmare booking for sires to go to and have a max of 10 each per cycle, before you can allocate that sire again. Once your game progresses it's painstakingly repetitive having to do them individual.

Special thanks to Gray, Leon and Martin for all the time and effort put into this game for our enjoyment of this unpredictably frustrating game. Also to all the other people behind the scenes who take there free time to make this league happen.

Congrats to all the winners and place getters this week. It's been ultra competitive and some of the finishes in races this season is a testament to that.

Last edited by Hemz on Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:39 am
Group 1 winner

An amazing day 2 for my stable at Cheltenham, winning 3 and a close second as well.

Managed to win a couple of G1s in the bumper (yes I'm classing it as a G1 hahah) and the Golden Miller, where it was great to see my banker William Tell land and then To Toulouse come back to form on her ideal ground, track, and distance. She went super close in a French G1 novice chase earlier in the season so I was hoping she would show her true colours and she jumped really well for a change and dictated from the front.

I was very close to landing the first 3 races but Paul's horse refused to be passed in the Pertemps - well done mate, good win!

And then the 3rd win did come in the Brown Advisory plate, much to the anguish of my fellow commentator Martin - sorry buddy, hopefully you get your winner on day 3!

It's been amazing to compete with three monster jump yards for the title this season and the Cheltenham top trainer title and hopefully we all pull together to confirm another league season which we can make sure is even better than this one has been, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. I'll happily admit i'd swap some of these wins for one of the big races that Leon and Josh have dominated so far so I'll do my best to get that extra improvement in to throw down a stronger challenge next season.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 am
Group 1 winner

Single win on the flat for me today and a blank on the NH, though 'The Godess' ran very well in her target race only to be beated on the line.

I am also slightly angry with myself right now as I changed some of my entries last min and it in no way shape of form helped me today. Cheltenham Champion trainer looks hotly contested right now, will come down to the wire I think.

Josh

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:36 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
This season hasn't lived up to the excitement for me and especially this weeks meeting at Cheltenham. The forum also isn't like it used to be.

No it is not, ideas and suggestions are all too often met with a hostile response and the consequence of that is that people are just keeping their heads down, that is when they are just not outright quiting. It is a shame though as it does detract from the league to a large extent.

Quote:
The brag and rag thread was a great source of banter and build up to these type of meetings.

So start one then. Though I am not sure how much bragging and ragging would actually happen. Fine lines here between banter and trolling.

Josh

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:45 am
Handicapper

Couple of CHeltenham wins for me from 2 unexpected winners!! Well done all and for making the league what it is

Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Pretty much same story for me today, some great wins and results whilst just falling short at the very highest level.

Starting with the final Cheltenham day, a great (and well fancied) win in the County Hurdle for Tiger Woods, competes with my 148 rated novice hurdlers at home so was always going to run well. A

Auld Lang Syne, like Our Connie on day 1, ran way below form for some unknown reason and it was the stablemate that put up the fight to Leon's horse. And like Bare Necessities did in the Mares, Little Green Bag just didn't have enough to win but i was happy with the 3rd as she is way better over 3m5f - that is her ideal distance and where her two wins have come from this season.

On the flat, a win in the Foret for New Normal which was nice to see as she started the season really well and Longchamp is where she trials best - having the rail massively helped as well.

Well Articulated however doesn't need a rail or a certain track - she has just been the most amazing horse for me this season, so many top performances and consistent runs every week. She was in deep trouble 3f out and still managed to win. Apologies for losing my cool a bit on the comms, I stayed impartial for as long as I possibly good.

The Arc was a great race, 2nd and 4th for me - I uploaded Sabotaged to target the Arc but Leon's horse was just too good on the day, well played. That and the gold cup 1-2 made a dream day for you!

Well done Josh on the Cheltenham trainers title, that tight win in the Martin Pipe swung it your way in the end - too many seconds from my team! 6 wins is ace so congratulations!!

Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:23 pm
Group 1 winner

The LVR chase swung it my way it the end, with two horses who have hardly had a suitable race between them all year, and even though they are going to be right at the top of the weights I still fancy they will be involved at Aintree.

My novices did what I sort of expected since most of my best horses this year entered as novices and I am as happy with Royal Decree as I was with Amazing Grace day 1, neither has had any real shots in G1’s until now. Both are good at 9yo too and would likely be back if there was another season.

Congrats to all the winners and placers and the boys behinds the scenes for another top week.

Josh

Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:32 pm
Handicapper

simpleminds wrote:
Well done all who won on day1 on the festival i was lucky enough to take 1st and 2nd in the coral cup and to Stu I planned Merry Junior with that race in mind has i planned Pitch Perfect for last weeks Ebor 8) they dont call me Barney for no reason :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I have had a rant Today and i am letting all trainer's Know i wont be running the league next season unless changes are Made That includes the League Must have Handicappers i don't think the race Kit can do it on it's own. All races must be ran by Saturday so the Comms can get them done Earlier i am fed up of waiting and uploading races without comms Martin has worked hard and i think is not Appreciated enough but he needs people to step up and do what they are going to do.

Gray

I am willing to do the handicapping for either of the codes next season. I can also do any other things that help is needed for. I can even help with some commentary if needed as i too hate races with no commentary, i would rather attempt it than see it go without comms. I can also help you with the race files i.e adding the comm audio file or reencoding them before upload, as i know my way about video and audio files, Give me a shout if any help is needed Gray.

As for Cheltenham, got 2 Winners and some places so happy with it this season, Rampant Lion finishing 3rd in the Ryanair even tho he prefers 3m, Ther gold cup would have been too far for him so pleased that he managed to get placed at 2m5f. Ruby Swirl won the Fred Winter, following Jemimaville Camera's win in the same race last season. De Bansha Man won the Glenfarcas, love that horse, has won a few races for me now and has quite a bit of prizemoney too, still have the horse as a 10 and 11 year old so may bring him back next season again. Overall i am very happy with the jumps team this season, just wish the flat would improve lol.

Congrats to Josh for being Top Trainer and to all the other winners at the festival, also thanks to Martin for the comms, you are always appreciated :)

Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Paul are u bringing back u star stayer next season Mr Yeats , it would be good to see our Two horses come back for next season as they are only 4 :D :D

It was good to see my old Star Solo Mio still being able to mix it with the best :D

Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:30 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Paul are u bringing back u star stayer next season Mr Yeats , it would be good to see our Two horses come back for next season as they are only 4 :D :D

It was good to see my old Star Solo Mio still being able to mix it with the best :D

Bought back 4 horses this term non of them have come even close to winning a race
been a total waste of 4 slots in my stable which certainly has cost me I love the romantic
Idea of bring champions back but it just does not work in SO7 especially when you export
from 3 to 4 and you have to take on the combined sched beasts you have no chance.

also there is a huge disadvantage between 4yo & 5yo flatbreds All i can promise is I will
Trial him at 5 6 7 & 8 see how he does

Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Did you abandon your combined game Paul?

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Did you abandon your combined game Paul?

I Only used it to breed a few jumps horses which went well :lol:

Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Day 1 got of to a flaying start for me this week. My horses really love Ascot.

Flat Day 1

Grovey Project 1st - She is most certainly one my favorite ever flat horses. 5 G1 wins this season over a variety of ground types. Only missing piece from her locker was a Classic win earlier in the season. Looking at the race she was easing up around 0.5f from home and nearly lost it to Ryan's horse. I've better 3yos now at home which are some of her offspring and have high hopes for a mile Classic win next season. She's proving to be a freak Broodmare or should I say a Wondermare in the barn. She will be probably be back next season as a 4yo but I have some very talented milers right now coming in which are beating her often. Will head for the Breeders Cup Mile next.

Memory Reset 1st - Been out of form last 2 runs and was slightly worried here, but that's 4 G1 wins for the season. He was on his good day this week on ground which would have been on the quick side for him. Another horse which is showing signs of producing some real talented offspring at home. Shame Grovey and him are on different games. Will head to the Breeders Cup Classic.

Arthurs Pass 1st - Not sure how he got his head in front coming from the position he was in. 2m would have been on the short side for him so the pace must have been very strong up front. I left out Lookscouldkill for the Melbourne Cup and to save his rating. I'm already seeing improvements over 80% of my horses over certain distances for next season. The ones currently was still racing at the time of uploads.

NH Day 1

Rafaella Mylette 1st - Came from out the clouds to get up for a dead heat this week. She's been very versatile in regards to distances this season and if not for getting to far detached she could have had a much better season. I need to try and breed more even paced horses in my NH stable. Far to many times this season they have been racing to far adrift from the pack.

Some other decent performances this week but nothing to shout home about.

Thanks to all the team behind the scenes. It's very much appreciated and only 2 weeks left to go.

Congrats to all the winners and place getters.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:53 am
Handicapper

Not too bad day for me yesterday, Cabo Humido either wins or doesnt place it seems its all or nothing but when he wins he is a machine!! Good 2yo winner too in Black River.

Well done all winners and placers and as always thanks to all behind the league that make it happen, I hope we can get another season after this one its become very competitive

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next