View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Titles 

Should league titles be based on wins or money?
Poll ended at Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:12 am
Wins 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
Money 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Shared 42%  42%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 19

Titles 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Titles
We all play the game in some ways differently with some hints and tips which get's shared around even by the top trainers to help each other out and the newbies as well to speed up and get a start to the game, this is really key for any league player is finding a good baseline to work from. Some take it onboard some don't but that's the players choice at the end of the day.

I cannot understand how this game is about LUCK (It's becoming laughable now). It's now played in it's purest form with none of the TTF files and re-exporting of horses to improve certain traits on different horses. Progress is made by sticking within the game and learning from mistakes and finding a solation to fix it once you do go stagnate. I love this challenge of a distance I know I'm struggling with. Because once I find a way forward it's so rewarding.

My flat team wasn't that great last season. Think I had 21 winners in total. This season after 1 week and 1 day I'm already on 7. Look at the progress of Ryan and David 8) . You call this LUCK as well. We cannot all be this fortunate right??

This way of playing the game for me makes the game much more enjoyable and even harder to find that perfect pairing and hopefully than horse being a LEAGUE PERFORMER.

Some of us are more competitive in nature that others which is normal for any league of any kind. The end of the day it's just a game and we are here to have fun and enjoy our horses competing at whatever level we are at.

I leave on this note. If you put the time and effort into this game you will reap the benefits overtime. Lastly. I'll also stand by my previous comments about those WONDERMARES, they can advance your lines much more than a stallion can once you begin to make real progress.

ATTENTION PRESIDENTE :roll: :roll: :roll:
NH Race 11 - Renvyle Prospect. Gray can I get an inquiry into this race :lol: :lol: :lol: . I've never seen a jumper be disqualified from a race.

Can we get a banter thread on here again. I miss the days where we can really have a good laugh and brag and rag each other. Getting way to serious for my liking.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:53 am
Group 1 winner

I’ll get my coat.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I’ll get my coat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Just a curiosity, I see several people mention they have split their games in this thread, I assume this is done be saving the SAVE as another slot in your saves and continuing with numerous saves but the same initial game ?

Does this not help in spotting the better AI horses for future ?

E.G. I play my 3rd copy of the save (using for 2 milers for example) and go forward 10 seasons and notice a super AI horse, I then return to one of my other games that I have not progressed at all in yet and try and buy that AI horse at 2/3yo ?

Be interested in peoples views.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:25 pm
Group 3 winner

Anadin wrote:
Just a curiosity, I see several people mention they have split their games in this thread, I assume this is done be saving the SAVE as another slot in your saves and continuing with numerous saves but the same initial game ?

E.G. I play my 3rd copy of the save (using for 2 milers for example) and go forward 10 seasons and notice a super AI horse, I then return to one of my other games that I have not progressed at all in yet and try and buy that AI horse at 2/3yo ?

It's the way to go, I like to watch a lot of races and every now and again a colt will take my fancy and if he gets into the breeding barn I will open two windows and skip my way through 7 or 8 season (it takes probably 30 mins) and see if he's decent and then go back to my other game and i've not had to go back or forward in my game. Breeding to stallion blind can wreck u game if u only playing 1 game.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:41 pm
Group 1 winner

I must be the odd one out then.

No going back or skipping forward or branched games. I did think about going back and breeding Gi Joe with UG but didn't progess it much. I have the save files for each season but I barely have enough time to play the one game. They just there in case I get stuck but so far that hasn't happened yet so haven't used them

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:06 pm
Group 2 winner

ghosty wrote:
Anadin wrote:

It's the way to go, I like to watch a lot of races and every now and again a colt will take my fancy and if he gets into the breeding barn I will open two windows and skip my way through 7 or 8 season (it takes probably 30 mins) and see if he's decent and then go back to my other game and i've not had to go back or forward in my game. Breeding to stallion blind can wreck u game if u only playing 1 game.

great idea this, wish I'd thought of it :) Fantastic for checking out game stallions breeding capabilities

I played 36 seasons of a flat game in mine, got to a point where I was happy with my horses, then branched it off into individual distance games (backed up the save and changed the slot number). So I have a Sprint game, 1m game, 1m2 game, 1m4 game, then a stayer game. Anything I find in these games at the wrong distance, game horse wise is just ignored. If I'm struggling a little bit in one of my distances, I go back to the distance below if it is doing better, and try to branch it off an turn it into the struggling distance. My milers are terrible, and started breeding a few milers in my sprint game accidentally, so I've recently branched my sprint game off, and I'm turning it into a milers game.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:16 pm
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:

No going back or skipping forward or branched games. I did think about going back and breeding Gi Joe with UG but didn't progess it much. I have the save files for each season but I barely have enough time to play the one game. They just there in case I get stuck but so far that hasn't happened yet so haven't used them

I only save about every 5 seasons, not got much memory left on my pc. I don't really breed with game stallions any more but I like to have a look in the retired mares sale just in case something pops up. I don't like having more than 60 mares in my barn and the original game had got to about 150 mares and it was turning into a disaster and so I had to split it into 2. When it gets so big I was missing the little things plus u had always played it that way so u system worked in 7 as it did in 6. I think the most aspect to breeding is finding a system that works for u and sticking to it. On the weekend I'm going to start to play my front runner One Man game, I worked out he must be over 8L behind the good league horses and he might not breed anything good enough for the league but i'll enjoy playing, it still has to be fun for me and luckily u can still have fun breeding and playing a normal game in SO7.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:43 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
leonvr wrote:

I only save about every 5 seasons, not got much memory left on my pc. I don't really breed with game stallions any more but I like to have a look in the retired mares sale just in case something pops up. I don't like having more than 60 mares in my barn and the original game had got to about 150 mares and it was turning into a disaster and so I had to split it into 2. When it gets so big I was missing the little things plus u had always played it that way so u system worked in 7 as it did in 6. I think the most aspect to breeding is finding a system that works for u and sticking to it. On the weekend I'm going to start to play my front runner One Man game, I worked out he must be over 8L behind the good league horses and he might not breed anything good enough for the league but i'll enjoy playing, it still has to be fun for me and luckily u can still have fun breeding and playing a normal game in SO7.

That's the big positive about SO7 it's still fun to play. By now in the other versions I would be winning every G1 but that's not the case in SO7. Some races can be a real challenge especially when you go through a drought in ability. AI is very competitive in my game and some races are really hard to win and if you win them I find I normally have a good ck horse

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Interesting peoples thoughts on the "save" aspect, for splitting your game it is ideal, I am not sure it is in the "Spirit" of the game to go back and forwards, but it may help some of the newbies to be able to step up a little quicker.

Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Less theory young man, more getting a stable ready for chelts.

Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5